Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wcupk

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I don't think so. My guess is they were already manufactured with a different battery so they slapped a sticker over the previous one that now has the square and any number/part changes. The phone claims it's a SM-N930VZBAVZW while the box has SMN930VZBB on it. I'm thinking the 930VZBA vs 930VZBB indicates the rev B model with different battery. I'm not going to peel off my 2nd sticker to check though. My manufacture date is supposedly 9/1/2016 and it's blue coral. My icon is green, my battery is charging well and lasting as long as the original, and I can't tell if the phone was pried apart and resealed so I'm considering it new and moving on with life. :)

my battery seems to be slightly worse then my first one. As soon as I charged it today and took it off the charger it went down to 99%. I have made two phone calls and set up samsung pay and hiya and now my battery sits at 87%

jbd19909

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
new phone just came in, with return label. Now i'm calling CS to switch the phone to the right number.
I'll ask about shipping it back now. Because i do have a return label. No box.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
They HAD to provide a update for the NEW PHONES.

I say this because we want to show that we have a safe phone.

If the update was for the recalled phones, people that are stuck with them would just NOT allow the update and sell them as "safe phones".

People that are "stuck" with them it seems at this point are the people that bought them off web sites like eBay and the like.

You think your getting a run-around, they are getting it from EVERY direction. EBay, PayPal, seller, carrier, and Samsung are ppomting to others.

And holly heck people!!!!!!! Look at the threads of other carriers and this recall.

Others are saying THE EXACT SAME THING YOU ARE SAYING ABOUT VERIZON.

I can't believe the whole world has turned into a bunch of WHINNEY BABIES!!!

A recall of this magnitude has NEVER happened. Let alone, look at from the time it was reported to the time acted!! And NOT FORCED to act, did it on their OWN!

The release said that there is a limited quantity of this first batch, or am I the only person that read that part of a statement!??

Dang people i get it, it's frustrating. But let's put our big person underwear on and act like adults!!!!

The fix/remedy is here/coming. If y'all are talking to Verizon (or any other carrier) like you are here, no wonder you are finding it so bad. If you develop an attitude, they will too. Is it right? HECK, NO!!!!!! But it's a REALITY!!!!!!!!!!!
Nice and authoritative. Do you feel better about yourself by lecturing people and name calling?

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
maybe not selling note's to new customers while folks who already bought the recalled note are not able to get replacements would be a good idea. maybe taking a few hours to workout a game plan and communicate that to your csr's would be a good idea.
That would imply they care about us.

All that VZW cares about is selling phones. That's it.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
They ended up allowing me to trade. They tried to keep all the accessories and I asked why? Was told I'd get to keep the contents of the new box in it's entirety. They reluctantly gave it to me, but said since I was keeping the old charger my warranty would be void if something happened to the phone? They were adamant that Samsung was recalling the chargers as well because they were part of the problem. That hasn't been said ANYWHERE and obviously lots of people are keeping their old charger... I think they were just aggravated I was keeping all the accessories. I even kept the SPen.

They turned away 2 people before me because they didn't bring the charger in. I started to raise hell and say I was told by multiple phone CSRs that I needed to return the phone ONLY and he was telling me I was wrong. I asked him to please double check with someone higher up and he came back 5 mins later and said I was right. I KNOW! So those people they have been turning away for how ever long still have unsafe phones.

Also, they refunded me the tax I paid for the previous phone and charged me another $60 for tax, which doesn't make sense to me either. They turned another girl away because she couldn't pay the new $60 charge today.

Regardless, I have my new non exploding Note 7. Trying to set everything up again.
The store I went to asked me for mine too. I didn't know we were supposed to bring those back with the phone. That information wasn't communicated to me.

Fortunately, the 2nd store I went to was helpful and completed the replacement process.

VZW does not communicate with its customers or staff effectively. That is in them, not me.

jbd19909

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Okay, got off phone switched back how they were supposed to.
My particular situation, as they put it; I can send my phone back. JUST THE PHONE. They don't want anything else. I'm going to send the box back though. I'm using the return label they provided.

This better not turn into anything else.

So this entire mess. I ended up getting.

8 more gb than i was previous (verizon) , -$30 less than i was paying
second set of note 7 accessories

I did not ask about the $25 credit. To be honest. If i can keep the phone charger and stuff, that's worth $25 to me.
Good luck everyone else.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
My particular situation, as they put it; I can send my phone back. JUST THE PHONE. They don't want anything else. I'm going to send the box back though. I'm using the return label they provided.

I did not ask about the $25 credit. To be honest. If i can keep the phone charger and stuff, that's worth $25 to me.
Good luck everyone else.

GOOD FOR YOU!!! :p

Peace. Alan
SS Galaxy Note 7 [MM 6.0.1] :p
ICON 929 [Win10 M, Insider Preview, Redstone 2, 14926.1000.] :p

Jigo

May 30, 2011
Visit site
I should receive mine tomorrow, was told on the phone that their would be a return label and that i should just use the box that the replacment one came in to send it back.

I had heard that UPS ground was ok with taking the recalled ones and my replacement one is coming UPS. Those of you that are being told to NOT ship back did your replacement arrive UPS or FedEx?

According to the UPS website, they can ship ground, but they are waiting for special boxes from Samsung.

https://www.ups.com/content/us/en/about/news/service_updates/20160915_samsung.html
The U.S. DOT has approved the return of recalled products using specially permitted DOT-SP 16011 packaging. The returns can only be shipped using UPS® Ground services. Samsung has made arrangements to provide the necessary packaging customers will need, as well as a return label to complete the return.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I don't think so. My guess is they were already manufactured with a different battery so they slapped a sticker over the previous one that now has the square and any number/part changes. The phone claims it's a SM-N930VZBAVZW while the box has SMN930VZBB on it. I'm thinking the 930VZBA vs 930VZBB indicates the rev B model with different battery. I'm not going to peel off my 2nd sticker to check though. My manufacture date is supposedly 9/1/2016 and it's blue coral. My icon is green, my battery is charging well and lasting as long as the original, and I can't tell if the phone was pried apart and resealed so I'm considering it new and moving on with life. :)

Same date and everything here. Mine has been perfect so far and that's all that counts.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The text I received from Verizon after my phone was delivered said to "enjoy your purchase," so it seems yes they are treating these as new purchases.

Kalkarni00

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
Corporate Store, Lacey, WA:

9/21 in the AMI was told they were out of the ones that came in. I decided to call again in the afternoon and the store got another batch in. When I got to the store and checked in I was told I was number 4 in the queue. After about a 30 minute wait April came over to help. She was friendly and supportive. Everything went very smoothly once she found my receipt for the screen protector I had bought with the phone. I had the old phone in the box without any of the accessories or S-pen. She only looked at the phone and turned it on to see if it worked. Never looked any further and did not seem to care about the accessories. They did not have the glass protector I had so they install a Zagg dry install Full-Body (front and back).
Overall my experience at the store was positive.

What glass protector did you buy for your phone?

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
According to the UPS website, they can ship ground, but they are waiting for special boxes from Samsung.

https://www.ups.com/content/us/en/about/news/service_updates/20160915_samsung.html
The U.S. DOT has approved the return of recalled products using specially permitted DOT-SP 16011 packaging. The returns can only be shipped using UPS® Ground services. Samsung has made arrangements to provide the necessary packaging customers will need, as well as a return label to complete the return.
Ok.... that leaves yet another black hole... who's gonna give us the box and the label?

Peace. Alan

BxChick

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Received my new replacement this morning at 9:30 from FedEx. I'm thinking about keeping the spen, and charger🤔 I'm definitely not turning in the headphones. Anyone else had a problem with keeping any of the accessories? I now feel comfortable to charge my phone in bed lol. At least this one won't possibly catch fire or blow up.

Blazeeofglory

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Received my new replacement this morning at 9:30 from FedEx. I'm thinking about keeping the spen, and charger🤔 I'm definitely not turning in the headphones. Anyone else had a problem with keeping any of the accessories? I now feel comfortable to charge my phone in bed lol. At least this one won't possibly catch fire or blow up.

The rep on the phone told me they do NOT need any accessories back including the spen. He talked to his managers and read through the terms again while on the phone with me to verify.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site

Good luck everyone else.

had you been charged tax on your new phone?

atlawson

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
So far I have chatted and talked to CSR at verizon 6 times to get a replacement shipped to me because the closest corporate store is 2 hours away. So far I cannot get any of them to do it. Last night the rep said after putting me on hold for 5 minutes said that he did some research and said I didn't even have to return my phone or get it replaced as it was ok and wasn't part of the recall. I explained to him it was pre-ordered and still insisted it wasn't part of the recall even after telling him the online checker said that it was and I have the glaring banner every time I charge telling me it is recalled.

Now probably when I am able to go saturday to the corporate store they won't even have any instock.

Any suggestion on getting them to ship me one!

rnb8408

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
I received my replacement in the mail today, also with NO return label. My old Note 7 under my "My Verizon" orders shows that it is STILL eligible for return though, even though it's been over a month, and I have the option of printing a label. I am thinking of just doing that as I don't want to risk not getting my taxes back. Anyone else called and been told something different?

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I received my replacement in the mail today, also with NO return label. My old Note 7 under my "My Verizon" orders shows that it is STILL eligible for return though, even though it's been over a month, and I have the option of printing a label. I am thinking of just doing that as I don't want to risk not getting my taxes back. Anyone else called and been told something different?
See my post # 2655 on this page.

Peace. Alan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae