Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

team420

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Received my new replacement this morning at 9:30 from FedEx. I'm thinking about keeping the spen, and charger🤔 I'm definitely not turning in the headphones. Anyone else had a problem with keeping any of the accessories? I now feel comfortable to charge my phone in bed lol. At least this one won't possibly catch fire or blow up.

I went to a corporate store, with nothing but the phone. Guy said "no worries, we dont need any of that stuff anyway" then he pops the s pen out, and says "here, ya might as well hang onto to this too, it's $50 to replace if ya loose yours" I was quite content with that.

4truegrit

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Trying to get my order done online because I couldn't get it done at the store... crazy busy, tech told me I had to do it at the store. First technician I talked to send me to Samsung said that they had the box for return, told him that I purchase from Verizon could not get exchange through Samsung, he said yes I can and text me this link which he said would start the process.
Free Verizon Msg: http://infomanagerkms.vzwcorp.com/c...ponentPath=/content/km/categories/devices/203

Well the link does not take you anywhere... I called talk to another tech, they said can't do it online anymore only the store.. well I guess I'll try again tomorrow different store.. all very confusing still, thought I would wait a day or two maybe they'd have things figured out better now.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Received my new replacement this morning at 9:30 from FedEx. I'm thinking about keeping the spen, and charger?????? I'm definitely not turning in the headphones. Anyone else had a problem with keeping any of the accessories? I now feel comfortable to charge my phone in bed lol. At least this one won't possibly catch fire or blow up.
99.9 % of the people who did there exchanke online were told they didn't have to ship the accessories and spen back - just the phone.

While 99.9 % of people who went to a store either hat to return their accessories or had the new accessories confiscated out of the new phone box.

Now Don't dat sumptin'? :p

Peace. Alan
SS Galaxy Note 7 [MM 6.0.1] :p
ICON 929 [Win10 M, Insider Preview, Redstone 2, 14926.1000.] :p

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Received my new replacement this morning at 9:30 from FedEx. I'm thinking about keeping the spen, and charger?????? I'm definitely not turning in the headphones. Anyone else had a problem with keeping any of the accessories? I now feel comfortable to charge my phone in bed lol. At least this one won't possibly catch fire or blow up.
99.9 % of the people who did there exchanges online/by phone were told they didn't have to ship the accessories and spen back - just the phone.

While 99.9 % of people who went to a store either hat to return their accessories or had the new accessories confiscated out of the new phone box.

Now Don't dat sumptin'? :p

Peace. Alan

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
So far I have chatted and talked to CSR at verizon 6 times to get a replacement shipped to me because the closest corporate store is 2 hours away. So far I cannot get any of them to do it. Last night the rep said after putting me on hold for 5 minutes said that he did some research and said I didn't even have to return my phone or get it replaced as it was ok and wasn't part of the recall. I explained to him it was pre-ordered and still insisted it wasn't part of the recall even after telling him the online checker said that it was and I have the glaring banner every time I charge telling me it is recalled.

Now probably when I am able to go saturday to the corporate store they won't even have any instock.

Any suggestion on getting them to ship me one!

it took me several tries to get mine shipped, i had to keep telling them "yes you can". eventually i got a csr who was willing to try. however that was on tuesday 9/20 back then they even thought we could ship the old phone back. perhaps things have changed

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
So far I have chatted and talked to CSR at verizon 6 times to get a replacement shipped to me because the closest corporate store is 2 hours away. So far I cannot get any of them to do it. Last night the rep said after putting me on hold for 5 minutes said that he did some research and said I didn't even have to return my phone or get it replaced as it was ok and wasn't part of the recall. I explained to him it was pre-ordered and still insisted it wasn't part of the recall even after telling him the online checker said that it was and I have the glaring banner every time I charge telling me it is recalled.

Now probably when I am able to go saturday to the corporate store they won't even have any instock.

Any suggestion on getting them to ship me one!

Dude? You know darn well that if he has been repeatedly told his phone is not up for recall there's odds there may be something to it. Instead of just keeping him on the stress road no matter what, you should have confirmed he needs to check his IMEI at the Samsung site first and THEN go for blood. :p

Peace. Alan
my reading of his post made me think he had ran the online checker. and to be honest my experience with verizon has been that a lot of them do not know what is going on

beeeshih

Sep 7, 2016
Visit site
Verizon store I downtown crossing Boston kept the box and everything inside even after asking and stating that the information from their own website said I only had to turn in the phone. Even the manager insisted I could only take the phone and nothing else. Store was too busy and I didn't have the patience nor time to fight with them. I'll probably call up corporate and log a complaint.

Shamshi-Adad

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
my reading of his post made me think he had ran the online checker. and to be honest my experience with verizon has been that a lot of them do not know what is going on
YOU RIGHT! MY BAD! DON'T HATE ME!!!!! HOW could I have got that so wrong??? Sorry guys.:(

Peace. Alan

atlawson

Sep 8, 2015
Visit site
Yes I have ran the check on the website and the Samsung + app on my phone and he still insisted it was safe to use after looking it up his self. I hd already done the checks as soon as it was available from Samsung and knew better.

pduffer

Dec 31, 2010
Visit site
I exchanged my Note 5 I got after returning the Note 7 for a new Note 7 today. Verizon was very accommodating and didn't hesitate in the least. Only delay was the store staff had to find out how to handle it since I was the first one getting a new Note 7 from that location. They had received an email from corporate Verizon explaining how to do it. Said there was an emphasis on accommodating exchanges that would otherwise have fallen outside the 14 day window like mine.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
i was charged tax today when I went to a VZW store to order my replacement. Was very surprised.

a lot of us have, they are processing these as a return and a new purchase. when they should be doing it as a swap or exchange.

did you turn in your old note when you placed the order?

HaVoK_C89

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I will see all you guys later and the best of luck to you all. I'm currently on my new N7, and my box only had one sticker, it's a black variant device. It was a smooth process, I was as nice as possible and my store has workers who were really knowledgeable about the whole situation and what was needed and not needed for the exchange.

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Received my new replacement this morning at 9:30 from FedEx. I'm thinking about keeping the spen, and charger🤔 I'm definitely not turning in the headphones. Anyone else had a problem with keeping any of the accessories? I now feel comfortable to charge my phone in bed lol. At least this one won't possibly catch fire or blow up.
I exchanged my old note 7 and was told they did not even want the box. I was told to keep ALL accessories, the pen, battery earbuds. They produced a brand new one for me with all the accessories in box. So now I have 2 boxes, and 2 sets of accessories. Keep them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge