Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggrr8t

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
So I went yesterday and they saw my box and hand and took care of me quickly. Inside the box I had ear plugs only. Apparently Vz or Samsung is in short supply of chargers cause those evil savages took the new one out of the box and kept it. Alot of places let you keep all. They kept the most important thing. I had left mine at work

Most likely for himself because they are not supposed to take them back. I'd go kick his a$$ and take it back. :cool:

Neil W

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
1. Hold the phone to your ear for 2 hours
2. If nothing happens, try again but hold to the ear for 5 hours.
3. If you completely never have another thought then you are dead and so is the phone.

Nervys

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site
I see alot of people getting their Note 7 exchanged. I bought by phone from a premium retailer rather than a corp store. Will I be able to return it to a corp store or do I have to go to the place where I first got the phone?

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I see alot of people getting their Note 7 exchanged. I bought by phone from a premium retailer rather than a corp store. Will I be able to return it to a corp store or do I have to go to the place where I first got the phone?

I was told you have to go back to the retailer. Corps won't exchange it. I was wondering if someone else has wen through this as well.

there are several threads about this, there are ones for target, best buy, sams and costco

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-buy-note-7-recall-thread-48.html#post5435825
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-club-note-7-recall-thread-8.html#post5440590
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...rget-note-7-recall-thread-14.html#post5439727
http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-7/725968-costco-replacements-2.html#post5436457

BxChick

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
I went to a corporate store, with nothing but the phone. Guy said "no worries, we dont need any of that stuff anyway" then he pops the s pen out, and says "here, ya might as well hang onto to this too, it's $50 to replace if ya loose yours" I was quite content with that.

Well at least we get to keep the accessories lol. I doubt if i ever loose my spen, but you just never know

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well, this is interesting!

Did any of you who had their replacement shipped to them receive a return shipping label? I did not, just the receipt. Just called VZW and was told, "DO NOT return the phone". The gentleman said right now Verizon is telling all of its customers (guessing he meant just those who had it shipped) to NOT send them back, because they don't know how they're handling it yet. Then went on to say this whole thing is unprecedented. I told him the CS rep put mine thru as a return/repurchase and I was given a new payment plan. He said what they are doing is filing a form on our behalf(s) to refund the previously purchased Note 7's even tho we have not returned them yet! Said the process would take up to 72 hours, but he was filing it for me as we spoke.

He said just hold onto it, and they will be contacting us in the future with instructions on returning them.

LOL, so the ticking time bombs stay in our homes! I remember the manager of the store I tried to get a loaner from (but didn't have what I wanted) telling me they have them "quarantined". Pictured them tossing them into a huge water tank!
I called and the rep told me to return it to corporate store. The whole reason I went thru the Mail is because the store is an hour away from me.

Frenzytom

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
So I went into my corporate store near my work and they ran out of the replacements (rep said about 30 were replaced that day) so they said more was coming in. I was going to wait anyways cause I only had the phone and no box or accessories. Flash forward to yesterday, I called the store near my home and they had a few left. I took my S7E loaner in with all the box and $25 gift accessory case and returned it for my sexy black N7 again. Boy did i miss her! They took it back with no problem and even handed me a $40 case instead of the one I returned. In and out in about half hour. Setting it up and noticed it is a bit zippier but then again I spent time setting it up and it was fresh. I didnt check out the battery life yet but the green icon takes some getting use to for sure.

pauldroidr2d2

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm glad I was able to get my phone exchanged. But, overall in my opinion VZW did a horrible job in preparing their stores and systems to accommodate for the change.

From my perspective, this was an opportunity for them show they are not just the same ma/pa bell companies of the 20th century. Unfortunately, that attitude is still all too present.

It is such a shame. I'm still trying to figure out what all my charges were.

Their phone support is incapable of assisting on that either. They said it has to be handled at the point of sale.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I'm glad I was able to get my phone exchanged. But, overall in my opinion VZW did a horrible job in preparing their stores and systems to accommodate for the change.

From my perspective, this was an opportunity for them show they are not just the same ma/pa bell companies of the 20th century. Unfortunately, that attitude is still all too present.

It is such a shame. I'm still trying to figure out what all my charges were.

Their phone support is incapable of assisting on that either. They said it has to be handled at the point of sale.

It is not just an opinion, but a very well documented fact, just read through this thread.

dannyb884

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Was that for me? Give me an example

Yeah, sorry, clicked the wrong reply button. Verizon has a bunch of retail stores that still use the Verizon logo as its sign, but under it, it says "Authorized Retailer." So looks like a VZW store, acts like a VZW, but isn't really a VZW store. It's a lot of "fun"

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, sorry, clicked the wrong reply button. Verizon has a bunch of retail stores that still use the Verizon logo as its sign, but under it, it says "Authorized Retailer." So looks like a VZW store, acts like a VZW, but isn't really a VZW store. It's a lot of "fun"

And if you bought one there, they will not accept the return at one of the corporate stores?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908