Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rnb8408

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Give us a full report on what happens

Done!

Just left my local store. At first she said I had to leave the phone there to go in a box in the back full of Notes they can't ship back yet. And when the warehouse gets it and scans it, everything would be processed

I said no. I explained that they shipped me my new phone telling me to ship my old one back for my refund, but now they say I cant and to bring it in the store for my refund. She said they can't and to call them and maybe they can process the refund over the phone since I'm in the store returning in.

Then she gets someone else to help me, tells me to hang up, and tells him to process a refund for me, which suddenly they could do.

Then, with 3 reps staring at a computer trying to figure out what to do, they finally got it done. They said the way my order done was wierd. Which shows the ones who got one shipped got reps to rig the system, lol. Oh well. I have a receipt showing the refund, still no $25 credit, though. But the reps were nice and just seemed as confused and frustrated as we all do over this.

Karen Hildebrand

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I traded my bad note in like a good little customer 2 weeks ago for a s7e and love it. told myself I would just stay with the 7e but I can't stay away from this thread, I loved my note. I think I want my note back. Lol

Gefecht

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
Just got back from the corp store in Raleigh. I called on the off chance that they may have had some in. They said, yeah, we have plenty. Got there in 15 minutes, checked in, and next thing I know she was asking me if I wanted to stay with the black onyx. I said yes. 20 minutes later I was out the door with my replacement. She went through the old box and took out the stuff from the new box that I had been missing. Was not going to argue the point. Over heard them tell at least 5 people over the phone they had n7s in stock. Spoke to the person working on my phone. She told me that a shipment had come in about 20 minutes before I got there and at the time that she got to me she only had 2 black, 2 blue and 7 silver left over. I had to bring up the 25 dollar acc credit since she wasnt even going to bring that up.

Still overall, pretty painless. Now the fun of setting the phone back up again as smart switch did not bring everyting back the way it was.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Finally got around to going to our Corp store to trade in the S7E, only to find out they were selling the last one to someone that got there just before I did. They took my number and hopefully they will get more in Monday, but told me it's still first come first serve.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Well my saga continues. First get a replacement thru the mail, no shipping label. Called, they said I have to take it to corporate store as you can't mail the old one back. Today go to the corporate store, they say all they can do is send it in with the rest of the recalled note 7 phones when they get the go ahead to do so, which they said could be month or longer. Well I didn't feel comfortable walking out and leaving the phone there, they did note the account that I returned it but nothing else no receipt showing I returned it.

So I called 611 yet again to see if that was ok, or if they could refund my purchase price since the account was notated I returned the phone. Well get put on hold. She said the store should be able to do the refund. She came back on and said that they now have special packages that they are mailing the customers that got their phone replaced online, My package is on the way. I said I never received any shipping notifications from Verizon, but she insisted it's being processed.

Anyone else get told they are sending out special boxes to return their recalled note 7. I feel like it's another run around.

jordankreationz

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
I went to 2 stores today. The first was the store where I bought it (Watauga Tx). They were very friendly but had none in stock. She told me they should have a few within the week. I explained that I'd driven 70 miles and politely and if she could check nearby stores for their availability and if possible I'd like to have blue instead of black. She said no problem. She checked a few places and told me she'd spoken with the Mgr of the store in Southlake, Tx (8 miles away) and that they had plenty. We thanked them kindly and left for the Southlake store. Arrived there, we were helped immediately. He pulled out my nice blue phone and began working on the switch. He offered me twice, after speaking with Mgr in the back about over rides, to get an Asus tablet which I politely declined both times. As he finished the switch, I asked if he needed the box or anything back. He said no, but to watch my bill and be sure I wasn't charged for it later. All in all a very pleasant experience. I looooove the blue phone but now must buy a new cover because the see through with hot pink piping that looked so great on the black does nothing for the blue. Lol. I'm a happy camper and glad to be over the recall nightmare. Oh...incidentally, my box is not double stickered and does have the black square. I'm updating now to get the dreaded green battery. Lol. Peace out. See yall in the other forums.

Jigo

May 30, 2011
Visit site
So I called 611 yet again to see if that was ok, or if they could refund my purchase price since the account was notated I returned the phone. Well get put on hold. She said the store should be able to do the refund. She came back on and said that they now have special packages that they are mailing the customers that got their phone replaced online, My package is on the way. I said I never received any shipping notifications from Verizon, but she insisted it's being processed.

Anyone else get told they are sending out special boxes to return their recalled note 7. I feel like it's another run around.

There was an update on the UPS site that said something about special boxes for shipping them back.

https://www.ups.com/content/us/en/about/news/service_updates/20160915_samsung.html
The U.S. DOT has approved the return of recalled products using specially permitted DOT-SP 16011 packaging. The returns can only be shipped using UPS® Ground services. Samsung has made arrangements to provide the necessary packaging customers will need, as well as a return label to complete the return.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
There was an update on the UPS site that said something about special boxes for shipping them back.

https://www.ups.com/content/us/en/about/news/service_updates/20160915_samsung.html
The U.S. DOT has approved the return of recalled products using specially permitted DOT-SP 16011 packaging. The returns can only be shipped using UPS® Ground services. Samsung has made arrangements to provide the necessary packaging customers will need, as well as a return label to complete the return.

well that is good news, i guess i should call and ask if mine is on its way

miyanc

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone confirmed the renew date after replacements.

Mine shows 10-20, which is not the original date.

Last edited:

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
So for those that had their replacement Notes shipped to them, have you sent back your old note yet?
I haven't. No shipping labels told to take it to Corp store, store said they can only send it in when allowed to, called again and told they are sending out special boxes now.

Can someone post a picture of Verizon return shipping label. I think I am just going to pay for shipping myself and send it ups ground. Anyone know of a reason I shouldn't do this?

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I haven't. No shipping labels told to take it to Corp store, store said they can only send it in when allowed to, called again and told they are sending out special boxes now.

Can someone post a picture of Verizon return shipping label. I think I am just going to pay for shipping myself and send it ups ground. Anyone know of a reason I shouldn't do this?

If you are going to ship it, why not just print the return label from "my Verizon". I think i am going to try my local corp store, i had a chat session with verizon this morning that he thought just taking it back to store would work and that they store would refund the extra taxes i paid plus give me the $25 credit.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
If you are going to ship it, why not just print the return label from "my Verizon". I think i am going to try my local corp store, i had a chat session with verizon this morning that he thought just taking it back to store would work and that they store would refund the extra taxes i paid plus give me the $25 credit.
My local Verizon store would take it, but only put it in the pile and ship it when they ship the others when they get the ok to do so, and who knows when that would happen. They would not process the refund.

I wasn't going to do that, because good chance it never gets scanned. The phones are going to be sent back in bulk and most of them are already processed, so when Verizon receives them they might go straight to the returned pile and not be scanned to speed things up. And I wasn't wanting to leave the phone without a processed return receipt or a recieved receipt.

I have to deal with the Sioux city, Iowa store, and they do about nothing for you if customer service sends you there. When they hear the words customer service, they treat you as a enemy. The customer rep I called while at the store said they can do it, she chuckled, all they have to do is blah blah blah. This store is so bad, one time customer service said I can upgrade early due to a strange reason and sent me to the store, notated my account. I drive the hour to get there and of course the store refused. Called customer service, they called the store, still no. So customer service said obviously I wasn't going to get the phone that day. So she overnight a phone to me, gave the $200 phone to me free and since I wasted my time she gave me a $250 credit on my bill. I was obviously talking to a supervisor.

So go ahead and try your store, you might have better outcome, I had to deal with the worst store there is when it comes to working with customer service, they won't do it.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
My local Verizon store would take it, but only put it in the pile and ship it when they ship the others when they get the ok to do so, and who knows when that would happen. They would not process the refund.

I wasn't going to do that, because good chance it never gets scanned. The phones are going to be sent back in bulk and most of them are already processed, so when Verizon receives them they might go straight to the returned pile and not be scanned to speed things up. And I wasn't wanting to leave the phone without a processed return receipt or a recieved receipt.

I have to deal with the Sioux city, Iowa store, and they do about nothing for you if customer service sends you there. When they hear the words customer service, they treat you as a enemy. The customer rep I called while at the store said they can do it, she chuckled, all they have to do is blah blah blah. This store is so bad, one time customer service said I can upgrade early due to a strange reason and sent me to the store, notated my account. I drive the hour to get there and of course the store refused. Called customer service, they called the store, still no. So customer service said obviously I wasn't going to get the phone that day. So she overnight a phone to me, gave the $200 phone to me free and since I wasted my time she gave me a $250 credit on my bill. I was obviously talking to a supervisor.

So go ahead and try your store, you might have better outcome, I had to deal with the worst store there is when it comes to working with customer service, they won't do it.

I see what you mean, if they are not able to process the refund i am not leaving the phone.

Did you try to print the label from you "My Verizon" area on the verizon website. You can search for return label and it should come up.

Status
Not open for further replies.