Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Now this good just asked me why I haven't gone to Samsung to replace my note 7. Um hello cause I got the phone thru verizon. Lmao and this dude claiming he looking at my account. If that true then he would see I got the phone from him. Yeah I really need a different carrier and told him that too. This will be last phone thru this useless company.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Wow. I guess something changed. I took mine back to my local Verizon corporate store and they processed a full refund with no problem. This was probably the second week of September.

Did you have you replacement shipped to you, or did you swap in the store the same day they processed the refund?

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
The 6 digit code (at least mine was ) is the last six digits of the account holders SS number.

Yeah thats what the site asked for but it wouldn't take mine. So now another rep on Twitter is trying to figure it out. I told them i would just call when i get up but they keep messaging me lol.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Yeah thats what the site asked for but it wouldn't take mine. So now another rep on Twitter is trying to figure it out. I told them i would just call when i get up but they keep messaging me lol.

Just asking, but are you the account "owner", turns out my wife is the official account owner on mine.

Torch4x4

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Chat with Verizon:

Me: It is safe to return the old Note7 phone using regular mail?
Amy Vzn: Yes the shipping would be safe.
Me: Mmmh in case of fire who is responsible, the sender or verizon? or you?
Amy Vzn: You would be responsible. It would be best to insure the shipment.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Just a heads-up: Instead of calling five different corporate stores, to save time, you may just search for the phone on Verizon's website and then click the option to check for availability around you.

I'm not seeing this option on their site. Either way, I'm on hold with them now since it's near impossible for me to get to the local store (I work longer hours than they are open), and they aren't willing to hold one for me. So going to see what other options they will give me since it's about the end of the month and need to get the S7 Edge exchanged again back into the N7

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
So after a lengthy hold, the phone rep was fine offering me the option of exchanging back into the N7 over the phone. So now I'm waiting on them to process a cancellation of the payment plan, then he is supposed to call by tomorrow to actually process the exchange.

The only down side is they are on a slight backorder and could take a week to get it. I'm ok with today considering it could be longer until the timing is right that I can make it to the store when they actually have some in stock.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Chat with Verizon:

Me: It is safe to return the old Note7 phone using regular mail?
Amy Vzn: Yes the shipping would be safe.
Me: Mmmh in case of fire who is responsible, the sender or verizon? or you?
Amy Vzn: You would be responsible. It would be best to insure the shipment.

So after two days of trying to find the best way to ship the phone back (even went to a corp store) i was told by 2 chat reps, one phone rep and one in store rep to just print the return label from the web site and ship it back to them in the same box my replacement one came in. Each one of these folks i told them that i was reading that there needed to be a "special box", they had no idea what i was talking about and all assured me that it was fine to ship back.

So yesterday 9/27/18 i printed the USPS label from Verizon.com and sealed the recalled note in a box and shipped it back. Fast forward to today and i receive a text from Verizon telling me that they are sending out a special box and special instructions to ship the recalled note back :mad:

I have zero faith that my returned note7 will be logged in correctly and that i will receive a credit for the taxes i paid.

Did anyone else get that text today?

shaw1234

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I got the text. I received my replacement this past Monday (mailed) and did not get any return box/label as I was told I would. Just going to wait for this box and send it back then.

blackhawk77#WN

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm hoping to get the text, I still have the return shipping label from my first n7 and the replacement that came, I'd rather not guess on which one to use.

So after two days of trying to find the best way to ship the phone back (even went to a corp store) i was told by 2 chat reps, one phone rep and one in store rep to just print the return label from the web site and ship it back to them in the same box my replacement one came in. Each one of these folks i told them that i was reading that there needed to be a "special box", they had no idea what i was talking about and all assured me that it was fine to ship back.

So yesterday 9/27/18 i printed the USPS label from Verizon.com and sealed the recalled note in a box and shipped it back. Fast forward to today and i receive a text from Verizon telling me that they are sending out a special box and special instructions to ship the recalled note back :mad:

I have zero faith that my returned note7 will be logged in correctly and that i will receive a credit for the taxes i paid.

Jigo

May 30, 2011
Visit site

I didn't get a text, but got an email from FedEx that I have a shipment coming from Texas from Verizon. Scheduled for delivery on Fri. Assuming it's my special box.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I got the text today about hour after I talked to customer rep. She text be the address to send my old phone back, said to do it ground, add insurance, and require a signature. She then credited my account for $30 to cover the cost. Now I think I will just wait for the box and keep the $30.

timmo

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
I got a text after shipping my phone back using USPS today. Figures... I hope the refund is quick.

As a side note, the replacement Note 7 is better than my original! The edge screen works flawlessly now...before it wouldn't register my slide touch in many areas of the screen.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
I got a text after shipping my phone back using USPS today. Figures... I hope the refund is quick.

As a side note, the replacement Note 7 is better than my original! The edge screen works flawlessly now...before it wouldn't register my slide touch in many areas of the screen.

I am in the same boat, i have a bad feeling the return is going to get messed up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37