Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: Is Verizon giving an extended return period for the replacement Note 7's?

I'm talking about getting rid of the replacement Note 7. I'm 3 or 4 days past the 14 day return.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Not that I know of. If there is a problem then it would be covered under warranty.

Why do you want to return?

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Just received my replacement blue coral note7. Don't have much time to mess with it til after work but I do see the green battery icon and doesn't bother me a bit lol. Now just to wait for the box to send old note 7 back.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Just received my replacement blue coral note7. Don't have much time to mess with it til after work but I do see the green battery icon and doesn't bother me a bit lol. Now just to wait for the box to send old note 7 back.

I just received my box today, even though i have already sent mine back last week.

IncredibleJedi

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site
So I did the swap 9/21 and I'm out of my 14 day window to return the phone. Does todays explosion give me any recourse to call Verizon and say look, I really don't even want to bother with this anymore. Would they extend my time to return it completely do you think?

Not sure if you found out already or not, but Verizon is allowing returns for up to 45 days now due to the N7 airplane situation from 3 days ago.

Edit: The rep I spoke to on the phone this morning did also say if there are any concerns at all, to go to a corporate store and see what they can do.

Last edited:

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
So I did the swap 9/21 and I'm out of my 14 day window to return the phone. Does todays explosion give me any recourse to call Verizon and say look, I really don't even want to bother with this anymore. Would they extend my time to return it completely do you think?

If you call and give them hell they will let you return it. Tell them you don't want a phone you can't board a plane with.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if you found out already or not, but Verizon is allowing returns for up to 45 days now due to the N7 airplane situation from 3 days ago.

Edit: The rep I spoke to on the phone this morning did also say if there are any concerns at all, to go to a corporate store and see how they what they can do.

Where did you see something about 45 days? I was on with Verizon an hour or so ago on an unrelated matter but I asked if any further information on the Note 7 fiasco and she basically said what we already know. Didn't say a word about 45 days return policy.

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Where did you see something about 45 days? I was on with Verizon an hour or so ago on an unrelated matter but I asked if any further information on the Note 7 fiasco and she basically said what we already know. Didn't say a word about 45 days return policy.

I find it very hard to believe that two verizon reps would give different information, or would not be well informed about company policy. ;)

IncredibleJedi

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site

Sprint, Verizon will let Samsung Galaxy Note 7 owners trade their replacement devices for any other phone - Recode

These reps are not all on the same page, yet. My CSR I spoke to on the phone didn't even know about the airplane situation until I told her about it this morning on the phone. She then put me on hold for 5 minutes to find out more info and what Verizon was offering, which was the extended return policy (from 14 days to 45).

Unless these reps are asked, they likely won't check with the other reps or supervisor around them. I plan on visiting my local corporate store tomorrow morning to see what to do. For folks planning to go to a corporate store, there are employees, managers, and then general managers. The GM is one calling all the shots, so ask to speak with them if employees and managers are not helpful at all. Also, keep in mind that this new issue is still fairly fresh, so Verizon, as well as other carriers, are not all on the same page, yet. Seems like almost everyone is offering some sort of exchange/replacement for replacement N7s, though.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Not that I know of. If there is a problem then it would be covered under warranty.

Why do you want to return?

Called Verizon and they said I could return or exchange it for a different phone. Getting sick of all the drama.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

Ahh guess I'm SOL then

No, I'm 3 days past the 14 days with the replacement Note 7 and they said I could return or exchange it for a different phone.
Told them I did not want to live with a phone that I could not board a plane with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21