Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site
Re: Is Verizon giving an extended return period for the replacement Note 7's?

I am not really a case person. I go clear rubber so that I can enjoy the look of my phone. Did you order your iPhone yet? Sounds like you did.

He's on his way to.

I swapped out for the 6S+ because I like instant gratification, and because the Moto Z series was just ugly. The iPhone is ugly too, but it's going to get me through to the next Samsung release. I considered long and hard and watched a ton of YouTube videos, and I've never had a 6S series iPhone before. My last iPhone was the 5S. I also considered the Pixel and the LG V20, but again, the 6S Plus was reduced monthly pricing at Verizon and after all this Note stuff I was done.

I know there's a lot of iPhone haters here, but for me, with the new body styles (compared to the 5S I last had) and the release of iOS 10 it seems like a brand new, albeit dated, phone to me. It gives me something new and exciting to explore. I also am a huge on having a variety of cases and all the 6S Plus cases are on sale.

And lastly, I can't be without a phone, and when I looked at all the phones my Verizon store in podunk Montana had to offer this seemed like a good fit for me.

Shower me with your hate, but know I'm happy haha, and will some day be back on Android.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

He's on his way to.

I swapped out for the 6S+ because I like instant gratification, and because the Moto Z series was just ugly. The iPhone is ugly too, but it's going to get me through to the next Samsung release. I considered long and hard and watched a ton of YouTube videos, and I've never had a 6S series iPhone before. My last iPhone was the 5S. I also considered the Pixel and the LG V20, but again, the 6S Plus was reduced monthly pricing at Verizon and after all this Note stuff I was done.

I know there's a lot of iPhone haters here, but for me, with the new body styles (compared to the 5S I last had) and the release of iOS 10 it seems like a brand new, albeit dated, phone to me. It gives me something new and exciting to explore. I also am a huge on having a variety of cases and all the 6S Plus cases are on sale.

And lastly, I can't be without a phone, and when I looked at all the phones my Verizon store in podunk Montana had to offer this seemed like a good fit for me.

Shower me with your hate, but know I'm happy haha, and will some day be back on Android.

The most important thing is that each person his happy with his or her choice.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site

The most important thing is that each person his happy with his or her choice.

Wasn't happy at first, but went in considering it open mindedly and am pretty much okay with it. Miss a couple of Note 7 features but know I'll have them back in the future.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Interesting.... I was just at a corporate location. The store manager said he knew nothing about the refund do on the Note 7 but I can't say that surprises me. He said he looked I to the 'system' ND couldn't find anything about it. I called Verizon CS but it took them about 30.minutes to answer - the lady said refunds were possible so I asked her to please notate my account to prevent any further issues.

A damn shame Verizon can't put out pertinent information at the store level.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
He's on his way to.

At the end of the day, it's your device! I am eyeing the 7+ but not sure what I'm going to do. Was the 6+ in the annual upgrade program? That would be a plus (no pun intended) for me.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site

At the end of the day, it's your device! I am eyeing the 7+ but not sure what I'm going to do. Was the 6+ in the annual upgrade program? That would be a plus (no pun intended) for me.

You know? I didn't even check. Let me check my paperwork and I'll get back to you. Even if it's not, I'll have it paid off in time for another upgrade!

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site

Dang. I might have shafted myself:

Devices eligible to participate in Annual Upgrade Program: iPhone® 7 and iPhone® 7 Plus
iPhone® 6s and iPhone® 6s Plus, purchased on or before September 8, 2016
Samsung Note7
Samsung Galaxy S7 and Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, purchased on or before September 9, 2016
Upgrade fee applies.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Dang. I might have shafted myself:

Devices eligible to participate in Annual Upgrade Program: iPhone® 7 and iPhone® 7 Plus
iPhone® 6s and iPhone® 6s Plus, purchased on or before September 8, 2016
Samsung Note7
Samsung Galaxy S7 and Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, purchased on or before September 9, 2016
Upgrade fee applies.

So the annual upgrade thing ends soon. Bummer deal.

MizWylie

Q&A Team
Jun 25, 2015
Visit site

So the annual upgrade thing ends soon. Bummer deal.

Well you can, but you'd have to have an iPhone 7 or 7 Plus, or a Note 7. The others ended in September. I had a chat conversation with a Verizon rep, they advised me to call the Financial department and explain the Note 7 situation and as to why I went with the 6S Plus, and that I'd like to continue participating in the annual upgrade program. I'll keep you posted on what happens.

Verizon, as you can imagine, is being slammed right now, and as much as I'd like to take advantage of them, I'm gonna give them breathing room and call back on Monday.

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site

Well you can, but you'd have to have an iPhone 7 or 7 Plus, or a Note 7. The others ended in September. I had a chat conversation with a Verizon rep, they advised me to call the Financial department and explain the Note 7 situation and as to why I went with the 6S Plus, and that I'd like to continue participating in the annual upgrade program. I'll keep you posted on what happens.

Verizon, as you can imagine, is being slammed right now, and as much as I'd like to take advantage of them, I'm gonna give them breathing room and call back on Monday.

Yes, please let me know....

catcgb

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
I also just went to corporate location... they said they know nothing about it. Even spoke to the manager he said they needed a code to be able to do it and they haven't received an email with any codes or information regarding this. I had to show him the news articles to even get him to believe me, He said you only get to exchange it once. So now im at home on hold waiting for verizion.

angiebugg

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

The Pixel is made by HTC, not LG.
We're all entitled to our own opinions, but many of us think LG makes great stuff. Don't dismiss the V20 too quickly. I had an LG G2 that was nothing short of awesome. Again, just my opinion.

I fully agree on the "iTurd" comment. I can't go that way either. :)
Oh this is good to know. I am a fan of htc.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm not doing anything untill the investigation is done. I did go to the Apple store to just look the iPhone over, seen a bunch of kids in braces walking around with their iPhones in their hands all giddy. The sales people weren't much better. LOL

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm not doing anything untill the investigation is done. I did go to the Apple store to just look the iPhone over, seen a bunch of kids in braces walking around with their iPhones in their hands all giddy. The sales people weren't much better. LOL

What's your impression? I'm concerned about battery life.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
What's your impression? I'm concerned about battery life.
On the iPhone? It seems like a nice phone but very expensive. I can't imagine battery life being better then the note 7. I think I'll miss the note 7.

Last time I had an iPhone was the iPhone 4s. I found that I got bored with it, don't know if it has changed much since then. Know the biggest improvement was they finally allowed third party keyboards. But couldn't download one to see if I can resize the keyboard. One handed use is Samsung's best feature on the note series.

catcgb

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
After speaking to verizion on the phone they will let you exchange your replacement note in store during the investigation period (the replacement smoking on the plane). They tried to do mine online and then were not able to due to we got our replacements in store. They said that the exchange would have to take place in store, my problem is the local verizon says they cant do it because they never received the notice but phone customer service says they received it 2 days ago. So I have now texted the store manager at the number he provided (and told me to text if I found out anything, should have never been my job to do that, but anyway) but of course he has not answered. So I guess I will go to the store again tomorrow. Customer service also called the store and they told him the same thing they told me, he told them where to find the notice but apparently did not go bother to go look. Guy on the phone was super nice though.

ladybrown35

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site

I went to VZW store today and everyone in the store denied any knowledge of any extended return policy. I had to call customer service and hold for 1 hour so that a phone rep could note that any note 7 can be returned. I now have iPhone 7 they sold the last + while I waited for customer service to answer the phone

Jay Sacks

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Anybody who has a replacement Note 7 that catches on fire due to a bad battery please contact me. I will be inclined to give you $100 to buy a lottery ticket if you agree to split the winnings.
The Battery University says that new lithium batteries have an average failure to fire rate of 1 in 10 million.
Even if this was a Note 7 that failed, I don't believe Samsung let another batch of sub standard batteries get installed in our phones.

Last edited:

IncredibleJedi

Sep 22, 2016
Visit site

My local Verizon corporate store's staff wasn't up to date with the updated N7 return policy this morning, until I actually told them what was going on. I couldn't return my N7 at that point because I didn't have a back up, so I asked that they just place a Pixel XL pre-order for me, which they couldn't do without refunding my N7 first (I used my upgrade on the N7).

The GM of the store told me to see if customer service could place the pre-order (which they couldn't), or try to find a cheap unlocked phone that'll hold me out til the Pixels arrived. So I went to Best Buy a few hours later, chatted up the Verizon gal there, and purchased a Moto G4 Play. Best Buy had them at $150, but I got them to price match Amazon for $99. It's nothing special, but it's nice to have a backup phone again. Then I went back to my Verizon corporate store and processed the refund and pre-order smoothly.

Yeah, I did it! I jumped ship! And now I have peace of mind! ... In all seriousness though, I do feel better about the situation now. Everyone's individual situation will vary, but folks you do have options out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
praestrudtulle