Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyz1052

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
Verizon DENIED my refund on the recalled Note 7 that I shipped back to them over a week ago. Said I was outside the 14 day return window (I preordered it in August). I bought it outright TWICE on my credit card, with them telling me I will get refunded the original purchase once the recalled device is received. They DENIED my refund on 10/4 and never notified me! I wasted a week! I just can't believe it...and I wish I could say what I really want to right now both to Verizon and Samsung. This is inexcusable and absolute poor behavior. I am speechless right now. I so want to go on a Twitter rant right now with Verizon...unfreakinbelievable

they cant deny it, the recall has force of law. Its some clerical thing. Before you returned the Note 7, did you talk to CS? or did you just send it back assuming they would know, OH its a NOTE 7.

You have to talk to CS, and have them fill out the appropriate forms and get a label. Nothing is automatic.

If the consumer product safety commission issues a recall, you get your money back.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: Is Verizon giving an extended return period for the replacement Note 7's?

You should be on it already if you bought yours prior to October 8th.

I got it on October 8th. Is this something that costs extra?

Never mind, it's only for device payment plans which I'm not on. :-\

timmo

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
they cant deny it, the recall has force of law. Its some clerical thing. Before you returned the Note 7, did you talk to CS? or did you just send it back assuming they would know, OH its a NOTE 7.

You have to talk to CS, and have them fill out the appropriate forms and get a label. Nothing is automatic.

If the consumer product safety commission issues a recall, you get your money back.
Oh I sure talked to them multiple times throughout this whole fiasco and did everything they told me to, including the shipping label, etc. for returning the device. The rep resubmitted my request again today (yay, another ticket number!) stating I did everything I was supposed to do and she didn't understand either why they denied my claim back on 10/4 and didn't understand why I wasn't notified. Last week I was told to call back today if I didn't receive my refund...well, it would have been nice to know this on 10/4 that they denied it!

From A Buick 8

Jul 14, 2016
Visit site
Oh I sure talked to them multiple times throughout this whole fiasco and did everything they told me to, including the shipping label, etc. for returning the device. The rep resubmitted my request again today (yay, another ticket number!) stating I did everything I was supposed to do and she didn't understand either why they denied my claim back on 10/4 and didn't understand why I wasn't notified. Last week I was told to call back today if I didn't receive my refund...well, it would have been nice to know this on 10/4 that they denied it!

Par for the course, they are inept at best and negligent at worst.

anon(448477)

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
So, I've now talked to 4 different CSR's, 2 via Verizon chat, 2 on the phone, and 3 different Verizon corporate stores in my city and all 7 people have told me that they will NOT accept my Note 7 replacement phone as a return. They have all said that if I have the green battery indicator then my phone is "fine" and I have "nothing to worry about"...

Like I said in my first post, the problem is that everyone from AndroidCentral, to CNN, to ABC have "quotes" on their website from "a Verizon rep" - but there is nothing official from Verizon published about this that I can find. I tried telling them that I saw it on CNN/ABC and literally heard "you can't believe everything you read on the internet".

UP2NoGooD

May 4, 2011
Visit site
Saw this in few pages but also confirmed Verizon extended return date 45 more since last week. I'm still with my original Note 7 I got back in August. Sad mine doesn't even remotely gets hot. But, as many said this is becoming to much of a headache and looks like my patience is running out.

Many discussions on which phone to go to next after this and multiple researches. I may just have to suck it up and go with Pixel XL. I hate that it doesnt have Micro SD card but at the moment it's the only phone I can see me hanging to. I never like the brand LG and consider it cheap and Icrap never in my lifetime. Maybe I'll wait a week or two more see what happens.

timmo

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Baby steps for me...I just want my refund on the original recalled device, and THEN I can move on to a recall of my replacement phone and do it ALL over again ... 🤕

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Lol I just got an email from verizon advertising getting a phone in 2 hours in store. Down below says we still have this for sell Samsung galaxy note 7. It goes on saying the price a month etc. I just laughed. You selling it or not?!

jgraves1107

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
So, I've now talked to 4 different CSR's, 2 via Verizon chat, 2 on the phone, and 3 different Verizon corporate stores in my city and all 7 people have told me that they will NOT accept my Note 7 replacement phone as a return. They have all said that if I have the green battery indicator then my phone is "fine" and I have "nothing to worry about"...

Like I said in my first post, the problem is that everyone from AndroidCentral, to CNN, to ABC have "quotes" on their website from "a Verizon rep" - but there is nothing official from Verizon published about this that I can find. I tried telling them that I saw it on CNN/ABC and literally heard "you can't believe everything you read on the internet".
Sad part is there is no formal recall. That's why they won't do anything. My question is are any of these N7's on Verizon? From what I have been told the phones were checked and placed back out if the battery was not from sdi. If this is true then maybe all the carries carriers didn't check like they said and placed bad device back out into the wild.

simplystephlb

Sep 25, 2010
Visit site
Just returned my replacement Note7. Preordered Pixel XL. Sadness - I love my Note 7. I have my good Ole Note 4 still. Using it as my current phone in the meantime. Our Verizon store knew exactly what was happening, no hassles. They didn't want us to keep the Note 7s at all.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Lol I just got an email from verizon advertising getting a phone in 2 hours in store. Down below says we still have this for sell Samsung galaxy note 7. It goes on saying the price a month etc. I just laughed. You selling it or not?!
I got that too. Decided to buy the s7e only to find promo is over..
😡

bassetbob

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Verizon Corporate Store Newburgh NY

Hi All, Here's what happened to me today 10/10 at the Verizon Newburgh NY corporate store. After getting a replacement Note 7 at this store on the 9/21 and listening to the TV and web on reports that the replacement Note 7's could also have issues with heat issues and to take your replacement phone back to the place you got it from for a different phone or a refund. So I take my beautiful black Note 7 back to the store and I'm greeted by an employee that takes my name and so I wait for a sales associate to help me.
Finally 30 minutes goes by and I'm approached by sales person who asks me what I wanted to do. She takes my paperwork and goes in the back locked part of the store (reminds me of a speak easy) to ask her boss on how to proceed. While I'm waiting I'm walking around looking at the other phones they had on display.
It all felt very mysterious to me that she didn't know what I was talking about. About 15 minutes later she came out of that back locked part of the store with the store manager. I guess he was on the hot line to Verizon corporate on how to return this phone that everyone was saying to return to the nearest store.
He refused to take the phone back due to Samsung has not issued a official recall on the replacement note 7's YET. So until and if that happens make sure you call your place of purchase before you waste your time getting frustrated and feeling creeped out by all the mystery that surrounds this Jinxed phone. BTW I love the phone "BUT" here's the icing on the cake...If you decide to keep your Note 7 Samsung won't honor their warranty for the phone if they have a 2nd recall. BUMMER

Ilya Ivanov

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Re: Verizon Corporate Store Newburgh NY

Contact Verizon support via Twitter, they will put a note on your account and you will be able to return it.

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I got that too. Decided to buy the s7e only to find promo is over..
😡

I know it ended the 9th I think but I thought you had til the 17th to redeem the offer. Take a look at Samsung promotion page toward the bottom. Sorry if I'm wrong but i thought it said that in the terms and conditions or whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc