Verizon Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Re: Just told by Verizon Manager that recall will be handled online

Nice, just got the iTurd on Saturday and notice my upgrade has been set back to 8-1-2016

Hope it stays like that.

sandra_17

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site

I was on a payment plan, transferred from my husband's upgrade (my line still has 10 months to go for my N5) which was Sept 2015. It doesn't have that date, now just says "Eligible for upgrade".

ikarmag

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site

I bought my phone from Costco and my account is showing "Upgrade Available". I talked to Verizon on chat this morning and I was told that I could go to a Verizon store today and get upgrade. He also said there would be a $20 upgrade fee. Has anyone tried to take advantage of upgrade yet?

RaspberryRed

Sep 23, 2016
Visit site

My husband's replacement Note has been reset for an upgrade but my version one Note 7 (he got his at Best Buy and I got mine at Target and our Target never got replacements) has not. We tried calling and the rep said it was being done automatically and they couldn't do anything manually. They didn't give us any information other than that so I'm not sure how they're going to handle my line.

Amele

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I had talked to Verizon customer service yesterday and they started saying can't do online and after consultation came back and said yeah, doing it online. I see today the tax on the Note 7 has been credited back to my acct to be applied to next bill. They are going to take the tax on my preordered Pixil out of my bank account, since for reasons no one could explain they can't use an account credit for taxes on another device. Rep said they wouldn't charge the upgrade fee since I'd paid it on the Note, but I imagine I will have to argue later over that. And they are supposed to send a box to return Note with the Pixil. For once, Verizon does seem more organized. Of course we all now have a lot of practice in this, sadly.

elir41

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site

If you upgrade online, they waive the $20 upgrade fee for you.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

My Verizon page is still showing me mixed messages, but I am buying a used phone to get through until the next Note is released. Hopefully they get everyone's page properly updated soon.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
...since for reasons no one could explain they can't use an account credit for taxes on another device.

Probably a state/federal regulation. I see all the time where the consumer has to pay the taxes themselves on promotional stuff like coupons, winning a car, and even using rewards points on a loyalty card.

noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
They have refunded my monthly payment and put a new upgrade on my account, yet have not asked for the phone back.

It's like my Note 7 transactions never happened. No idea what's going on.

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Just called Verizon this morning to switch my Note 7 for a Note 5. They have already shipped the 5, charging me $323.99, to be refunded when I turn in my 7. Originally, they said I could mail it back, but found that the powers-that-be won't permit it, so I can return it to a local corporate Verizon store, and get my refund. Besides that, they put me on a different plan that would reduce my monthly bill by $11...yay, Verizon!

Xenuprime

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I think this is Verizons way of quickly washing their hands of this mess. They will refund and cancel DPP, then let Samsung and CPSC figure out how to get the phones returned. I really can't imagine they will let people keep them.

wolverine2003

May 29, 2010
Visit site
They have refunded my monthly payment and put a new upgrade on my account, yet have not asked for the phone back.

It's like my Note 7 transactions never happened. No idea what's going on.

Just got back from a corporate store. While turning in my Note 7 for a refund, the manager in there got an email from corporate. Supposedly, they're going to mail out kits to everyone to send the phones back. They've unlocked the upgrade on everyone who bought a Note 7 so they can get another phone using the upgrade. Once they receive the Note 7, they will issue you whatever refund is due to your account.

mickeyboat

Nov 2, 2013
Visit site
I have it in writing that my monthy Verizon bill for the Note 7 has been refunded. It also shows up in my online bill a credit of $36 for Oct. Verizon also stated in writing that if I return my accessories, ie case and screen saver I will also get a refund for those. I do have to take them to a Verizon store. Verizon did not know how long I would have before I would have to replace my Note 7, but they would publish that as soon as they hear from Samsung. My phone was not a replacement but one I purchased after the replacement phones were being exchanged. mickeyboat

Jewels81

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Ok Verizon is aggravating me

I just called to try to replace my note7 with iphone7 plus. The customer service lady told me that yes they discontinued it but were going to fix it so they can get it back on the market. I'm like what? Is it discontinued or not? Im bout to call Samsung and see what they tell me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc