10-12-2016 12:45 PM
2,848 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    I have not had an Iphone since 2009. So you are all saying the 6s Plus is a better device than the Note?
    09-03-2016 08:27 PM
    I have not had an Iphone since 2009. So you are all saying the 6s Plus is a better device than the Note?
    I don't think that's relevant to this thread. And it's only going to spiral.
    09-03-2016 08:30 PM
    Sounds like a good plan.. I am thinking that I will do about the same. I went to the Tmobile store I got it from and they were suggesting to just return the device and not wait as they seemed to think the phones will not be in their hands for at least 3 weeks. I am certainly hoping that this is incorrect as this is the only place that seemed to think that.

I expect even after the V20 comes out I will still want a new Note7
    09-03-2016 08:34 PM
    Heck I might just get a black iPhone 7 if the note is not available in 2 weeks. Maybe...just depends on how I feel.
    09-03-2016 08:43 PM
    Sounds like a good plan.. I am thinking that I will do about the same. I went to the Tmobile store I got it from and they were suggesting to just return the device and not wait as they seemed to think the phones will not be in their hands for at least 3 weeks. I am certainly hoping that this is incorrect as this is the only place that seemed to think that.

I expect even after the V20 comes out I will still want a new Note7
    Over on the Verizon thread someone said that they were told at the Verizon store that as early as next week sometime they will have the new Notes in. I hope that's the case for Tmobile too.

I'm holding onto mine too. If it gets to the last week of sept and no new Note I guess a refund and use my S7 which I hate or most likely just swap it for V20 or if they have the Iphone 7plus.
    09-03-2016 08:45 PM
    Heck I might just get a black iPhone 7 if the note is not available in 2 weeks. Maybe...just depends on how I feel.
    That is what I'm thinking too lol. It's between the V20 and 7 plus then for me. I'd rather swap it out instead of waiting for the money to go back onto my card. V20 I hear around sept 18th so that's still way before the 9/30 deadline return our phones. I hope Iphone is out by then too but I much rather stick with Android.
    badMojo69 likes this.
    09-03-2016 08:46 PM
    Anyone know how long it takes for the EIP and jump upgrade to reset? I returned mine before this recall and it was delivered on the morning of August 31st.
    I'm not sure. My first one got returned the same day. I talked to a Tmobile rep and they said it may take 1-7 days for them to scan the return in their system and then an additional 3 business days for a refund.
    09-03-2016 08:57 PM
    I spoke to 2 T-Mobile rep today and they weren't too sure about when their next batch would arrive. The first one said as early as next weekend...

Then the rep on T-Mobile help on Twitter said "We have extended the Buyer's Remorse period for the Note 7 until the end of September! We will get a replacement to you. An accurate expectation would be 2-4 weeks for an exchange for the Note 7. *RavenP"

If anyone else has experience this, some feedback would be nice. I'm actually thinking of returning it for a full refund (since I paid for it outright) to avoid any issues if we make it to the 4th week.
    09-03-2016 10:26 PM
    I spoke to 2 T-Mobile rep today and they weren't too sure about when their next batch would arrive. The first one said as early as next weekend...

Then the rep on T-Mobile help on Twitter said "We have extended the Buyer's Remorse period for the Note 7 until the end of September! We will get a replacement to you. An accurate expectation would be 2-4 weeks for an exchange for the Note 7. *RavenP"

If anyone else has experience this, some feedback would be nice. I'm actually thinking of returning it for a full refund (since I paid for it outright) to avoid any issues if we make it to the 4th week.
    Basically same info I got. The next week might be somewhat accurate because someone on the Verizon thread said next week possibly as well. I hope so. If not I might either get a refund or swap it for V20 or Iphone 7plus if they're out by then.
    True_RL likes this.
    09-03-2016 10:42 PM
    How quickly do we need to act in order to get a refund?
    My old phone died and I just kind of settled for the note, but the new Pixels sound mighty sweet...
    09-03-2016 10:51 PM
    Anyone know how to transfer their Samsung Rewards promotion credit? I figured it would just be there when signed in with my info on my S7.
    09-03-2016 10:56 PM
    I didn't send my trade in. I held on it just in case. According to T-Mobile, they're supposed to reset it. But nobody knows how long that takes... And someone else here said his jump was reset.

I have yet to send in my old phone for my jump yet but they say it's ok to keep both until the replacements come out...

True_RL likes this.
    09-03-2016 10:58 PM
    How quickly do we need to act in order to get a refund?
    My old phone died and I just kind of settled for the note, but the new Pixels sound mighty sweet...
    Sept 30th. I think it could be extended if they don't get new replacement Notes in fast enough though.
    bable likes this.
    People just want money from the wrong people. Samsung already said they are giving us $25
    What do we have to do to get the $25 cf from Samsung?
    Same here. Announcement is on Tuesday and I'm hoping my jump will be reset by then.
    I'm getting a little worried regarding JOD, because according to T-Mobile's help site, they no longer offer JOD for the Note 7 as of Aug 6th. Which makes no sense, because I jumped from a N5 to a N7 on August 19th. Here is a link the page I'm talking about https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-22281

According to the JOD fine print, they can cancel the JOD program at any time with 30 days notice and allowing you one last jump. Today, I switched out my potentially explosive N7 for an S7edge, and now I'm worried that I won't be allowed to jump back to the N7 ever.
    09-03-2016 11:22 PM
    My T-Mobile store said 3 weeks as well. (Los Angeles suburb)
    lv2bsilly likes this.
    09-03-2016 11:23 PM

I was told 3 weeks by the T-Mobile store. But I'm going to go by the worst case scenario in the email and assume 2-4 weeks means 4, since why not say 2-3 if it's going to be 3.
    True_RL likes this.
    09-03-2016 11:26 PM
    Anyone know how to transfer their Samsung Rewards promotion credit? I figured it would just be there when signed in with my info on my S7.
    You have to call samsung pay support and they'll transfer it over for you
    graham2024 likes this.
    09-03-2016 11:28 PM
    I'm getting a little worried regarding JOD, because according to T-Mobile's help site, they no longer offer JOD for the Note 7 as of Aug 6th. Which makes no sense, because I jumped from a N5 to a N7 on August 19th. Here is a link the page I'm talking about https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-22281

According to the JOD fine print, they can cancel the JOD program at any time with 30 days notice and allowing you one last jump. Today, I switched out my potentially explosive N7 for an S7edge, and now I'm worried that I won't be allowed to jump back to the N7 ever.
    As far as I have read the JoD program is no longer available for sign up and only those already on it can keep it. If they would ever do what you stated I would jump to the cheapest phone just to jump away without owing a large sum. I did that with another line that I had with JoD and got my mom a basic Samsung smartphone that was like 150 bucks.
    crystinonfire likes this.
    09-04-2016 06:46 AM

I used JOD as well to get my N7 around the same time. Was never told that JOD was going away.
    09-04-2016 07:00 AM

I'm sure the N7 will be added back to the list once they are available for sale again.
    09-04-2016 08:19 AM
    As far as I have read the JoD program is no longer available for sign up and only those already on it can keep it. If they would ever do what you stated I would jump to the cheapest phone just to jump away without owing a large sum. I did that with another line that I had with JoD and got my mom a basic Samsung smartphone that was like 150 bucks.
    My understanding concerning JOD is that T-Mo only allows you to join from your mytmobile account or over the phone. I'm a new T-Mo customer that switched when I preordered my Note 7 on August 11. The rep allowed me to sign up for JOD when I called and did the preorder. In fact, he suggested JOD over the regular Jump program.

I'm unsure how they're handling current JOD with the Note 7 recall, but according to mytmobile I'm still currently on JOD so they haven't cancelled mine.

09-04-2016 09:13 AM
    I'm wondering about returning an online/telesales-purchased device. Has anyone had luck returning it to a local store? I'm getting mixed info. anyway, I exchanged my first defective one (shipped back and tmo shipped me another-this was just before the recall announcement). Now I'm thinking about returning this one as well and going back to my note5. I'm just curious if it can be dropped off at a store this time instead of having to ship it back?
    09-04-2016 09:48 AM
    I'm gonna hate resetting my secret folder and all of my other settings...got so comfortable with my phone.....
    09-04-2016 11:18 AM
    I received the email from T-Mobile. I am opting to keep my Note 7 until they have the replacements ready, I signed up for that. Already got email confirmation.

No worries. I exclusively use wireless charging at home, car & work. I will keep Ann eye on the battery temp. But to be honest I love this phone.
    09-04-2016 11:22 AM
2,848 ... 89101112 ...