10-12-2016 12:45 PM
2,848 ... 102103104105106 ...
tools
    Before you drive in, ask them to check and see if the phone is in their system and if they can release it to you. Mine arrived at my store yesterday as well but it's still not in the system so they can't give it to me. I'd hate for you to waste your time driving to the store if they can't release it yet.
    Does anyone know how long it takes to get them in the system? It is strange that it is such a long process for them. It should be as simple as scanning a new product into your inventory, not take multiple days.
    09-23-2016 11:49 AM
    Does anyone know how long it takes to get them in the system? It is strange that it is such a long process for them. It should be as simple as scanning a new product into your inventory, not take multiple days.
    No clue, waiting on a chat with tmobile to ask that question. Funny, when I first started the chat it told me my estimated wait time was 30 minutes. I quickly dropped down to 22 minutes but still. Why tmobile didn't have these scanned into the system when they were in the warehouse or before they shipped is beyond me. By corporate doing this all they have done is irritate the customer and make it difficult for the stores having to deal with the customers. In all fairness the text I got that said it had shipped did state I would get another text when I could pick it up. But it's been at the store for 22 hours now and no updates.
    09-23-2016 12:15 PM
    Same thing happened to me. I called the store to ask if it was where and they said yes, asked if I could come and pick it up and they said sure. So I get there and the phone has not been updated in the system so they can't release it to me. I'm thinking the SKU's need to be entered into the system (this was mentioned on the 20th that stores had them but couldn't release them yet due to updating the system with the SKU's) and until that happens my phone just sits at my store. I received the text that it shipped and it did mention that I will get a text when it's ready to be picked up, the store rep said as soon as the system gets updated and they can release it I'll get a text that I can pick it up. She said until I get that text there is nothing they can do. It's corporate who has to enter the info into the system, I really wish they'd get their crap together, I just want my frickin' phone back.
    This is the same thing that happened to me at a T-Mobile store last night. But I was still able to leave with my phones (I had two replacements). I was there for 2 hours! The store manager told me that they were having system problems and the corporate techs were slammed. I don't know what happened, but he basically told me that it may be up to 2 months or so before I would get billed for the phones because of the glitch. But he gave them to me and off I went.
    09-23-2016 12:19 PM
    No clue, waiting on a chat with tmobile to ask that question. Funny, when I first started the chat it told me my estimated wait time was 30 minutes. I quickly dropped down to 22 minutes but still. Why tmobile didn't have these scanned into the system when they were in the warehouse or before they shipped is beyond me. By corporate doing this all they have done is irritate the customer and make it difficult for the stores having to deal with the customers. In all fairness the text I got that said it had shipped did state I would get another text when I could pick it up. But it's been at the store for 22 hours now and no updates.
    Mine was there for over 24 hours when I called. They said it wasn't even there. After talking with TForce on Twitter they called and made sure somebody at the store found it before he got off the phone. TForce said it's ready to pick up, but I didn't call the store yet to make sure it's scanned in because I can't go pick it up today anyway (I have to work and the store is an hour drive). I assume that they scanned it in while on the phone with TForce, but I'm gonna call before I go hopefully tomorrow to make sure.
    09-23-2016 12:22 PM
    Just finished with the chat which was pointless, they just said I need to contact the store.

Edit: Contacted the store and was told their manager is on the phone with corporate right now to try and get the SKU's in the system as they have quite a few of them sitting at the store with the same issue. At least the store is being proactive and trying to get it sorted out instead of just blowing it off.
    09-23-2016 12:25 PM
    Well, if I already have the original box with charger, adapters, cables, headphones, and manual at home -- I didn't expect to get the headphones from the replacement box also...but you're saying I'm supposed to have gotten the whole replacement box too?
    Yes. Our store told us they need the box to process the return. If they use your new box instead, they should have pulled everything out of it for you and just put the bare phone in the empty box. Headphones are cheap. I hope you got the charger and adapters as well.
    Otherwise, I think the employees are keeping them for themselves.
    09-23-2016 12:46 PM
    Yes. Our store told us they need the box to process the return. If they use your new box instead, they should have pulled everything out of it for you and just put the bare phone in the empty box. Headphones are cheap. I hope you got the charger and adapters as well.
    Otherwise, I think the employees are keeping them for themselves.
    Hmmm...I was not told this - I just went in and took only the phone - they went into my account and found my information, processed the return, got my replacement, and that was that - I did not get the replacement box. So now I'm confused...
    09-23-2016 01:03 PM
    Before you drive in, ask them to check and see if the phone is in their system and if they can release it to you. Mine arrived at my store yesterday as well but it's still not in the system so they can't give it to me. I'd hate for you to waste your time driving to the store if they can't release it yet.
    Just got in touch with TMobileHelp on Twitter and they are reaching out to the store to make sure everything is in the system correctly.
    09-23-2016 01:09 PM
    I'm still waiting for my refund to go back onto my card. Tmobile chat on twitter wasn't that helpful as well. Said how they contacted the store and that I'd have to go back in and it could take EIGHT weeks to get my refund. Called the 800 number and they said about 5 days. Store which I thought handled the process quickly actually never refunded my card. I hate this whole ordeal. I will probably end up calling next Tue if I still have no refund!
    09-23-2016 01:17 PM
    Trying to search the thread, but not finding anything concrete. Do we know what's going on with the $600+ account credits? I returned my phone for refund and it's showing a $630 dollar credit on my account. My credit card WAS refunded the $172 I paid for Down+Tax....It's been a week now and it's still showing the credit.
    lsmith9523 likes this.
    09-23-2016 01:29 PM
    I'm still waiting for my refund to go back onto my card. Tmobile chat on twitter wasn't that helpful as well. Said how they contacted the store and that I'd have to go back in and it could take EIGHT weeks to get my refund. Called the 800 number and they said about 5 days. Store which I thought handled the process quickly actually never refunded my card. I hate this whole ordeal. I will probably end up calling next Tue if I still have no refund!
    wow that sucks!! didn't the store give you a receipt when you turned in the phone? I first phone (preorederd unit tuned out defective). they sent me knew one, the day before the recall annoounceent. so when I received that one I took it to a store to get a refund under the recall. it took the rep almost 2 hours just to process the refund, but the paperwork/receipt he provided showed the transaction. the refund posted in 2 days. the unit I sent back took 10 days to get refunded. good luck!
    09-23-2016 01:29 PM
    From my experience on Wednesday, it can take the system up to two hours to process into their inventory. The reason why the don't or shouldn't scan it right away is it will go live in their system. Once live, it will become an available phone and could be sold to anyone. Once they scan it in, it's a simple swap and just hand them back the old N7. Once they did they did the swap for me, I just took my unopened, new phone and went on my way.
    09-23-2016 01:40 PM
    Trying to search the thread, but not finding anything concrete. Do we know what's going on with the $600+ account credits? I returned my phone for refund and it's showing a $630 dollar credit on my account. My credit card WAS refunded the $172 I paid for Down+Tax....It's been a week now and it's still showing the credit.
    It will fix itself when your new bill generates, don't get excited about that credit. Happened to me and I woke up to an extremely effed up new bill this morning.
    09-23-2016 01:57 PM
    From my experience on Wednesday, it can take the system up to two hours to process into their inventory. The reason why the don't or shouldn't scan it right away is it will go live in their system. Once live, it will become an available phone and could be sold to anyone. Once they scan it in, it's a simple swap and just hand them back the old N7. Once they did they did the swap for me, I just took my unopened, new phone and went on my way.
    For those that called the 844 number and had a replacement shipped to T-Mobile, our names are on the box that the phone was packaged in so they won't sell those. However the system is not updating in the 2-3 hours. Going on 24 hours now that mine has been sitting in my local store and it's still messed up in the system. If they were to sell mine that I've been trying to get since yesterday (was actually in the store ready to take it until they discovered an issue with the computer system) I'd lose it.
    09-23-2016 02:07 PM
    For those that called the 844 number and had a replacement shipped to T-Mobile, our names are on the box that the phone was packaged in so they won't sell those. However the system is not updating in the 2-3 hours. Going on 24 hours now that mine has been sitting in my local store and it's still messed up in the system. If they were to sell mine that I've been trying to get since yesterday (was actually in the store ready to take it until they discovered an issue with the computer system) I'd lose it.
    24 hours is way too long. I think that store has an issue. Aren't others on here getting phones replaced at locations? I'm not trying to stir the pot but in all my years in retail, I've never come across a scan in issue that took that long.
    lv2bsilly likes this.
    09-23-2016 02:25 PM
    24 hours is way too long. I think that store has an issue. Aren't others on here getting phones replaced at locations? I'm not trying to stir the pot but in all my years in retail, I've never come across a scan in issue that took that long.
    I walked into a store in NE Ohio and had my replacement Note 7 within 1 hour.
    09-23-2016 02:38 PM
    I've seen a few other people post that they are having the same issue as well.
    09-23-2016 02:52 PM
    I've seen a few other people post that they are having the same issue as well.
    Well if it was a system issue, all the stores would be experiencing it. My guess it's a store by store issue with associates that either don't know how to receive the phone or received it incorrectly and the phone is stuck in limbo. No one should be made to wait for their phones at this point.
    09-23-2016 02:56 PM
    I walked into a store in NE Ohio and had my replacement Note 7 within 1 hour.
    This is a little different I believe, I'm talking about people who called the 844 number and ordered a Note 7 replacement to be shipped to their nearest T-Mobile store with their name attached to it. For some reason there seems to be an issue getting the phone's SKU number into the system, until that happens they say they can't release the phone. Initially I planned on hitting my store when they opened on the 21st since it's only 3 miles away but decided to call on the 20th and place an order to ensure I got one in the color I wanted... I should have just gone to the store anyways to see if I could scroe one even though I had an order.
    09-23-2016 02:58 PM
    This is a little different I believe, I'm talking about people who called the 844 number and ordered a Note 7 replacement to be shipped to their nearest T-Mobile store with their name attached to it. For some reason there seems to be an issue getting the phone's SKU number into the system, until that happens they say they can't release the phone. Initially I planned on hitting my store when they opened on the 21st since it's only 3 miles away but decided to call on the 20th and place an order to ensure I got one in the color I wanted... I should have just gone to the store anyways to see if I could scroe one even though I had an order.
    That's how I did my exchange. I had the call center send the warranty exchange to the store. You're right. It does come with your name on the box. That is so the store can call or text you once it arrives. With my exchange, they had to open the black/magenta box, actually take out the note 7 box and scan the item into their inventory. I went to lunch, came back and it was ready to swap. They had to do the IMEI exchange in the system. I swapped out my sim card and off I went. My feeling is the location you're dealing with is still in the dark on how to do the process.
    09-23-2016 03:06 PM
    Not sure what the issue is then, maybe there were supposed to scan it when it came in but didn't know. I did phone back in since it had been 3 hrs since I last heard the manager was on the phone with corporate to resolve the issue since they had a handful of the replacements there with the same issue. The store rep that I've been dealing with put me on hold and came back and said I was good to go and to come get it. I asked him if he was sure and he laughed and said yes. Grabbed my keys and was getting into my rig and the store rep calls me and says there is one last part of the system that hasn't updated but it should only be an hour or two. It's almost comical at this point.
    09-23-2016 03:23 PM
    Not sure what the issue is then, maybe there were supposed to scan it when it came in but didn't know. I did phone back in since it had been 3 hrs since I last heard the manager was on the phone with corporate to resolve the issue since they had a handful of the replacements there with the same issue. The store rep that I've been dealing with put me on hold and came back and said I was good to go and to come get it. I asked him if he was sure and he laughed and said yes. Grabbed my keys and was getting into my rig and the store rep calls me and says there is one last part of the system that hasn't updated but it should only be an hour or two. It's almost comical at this point.
    It is. But comical in a very sad way. I hope it goes well for you when you get there and you can leave with your new phone!
    09-23-2016 03:29 PM
    Made the mistake of having a phone sent to the store. Now that the store has the right color, they can't exchange. Have to wait for the phone to arrive and go through the processing. The system should accept an exchange at the store anytime regardless if they are sending one later. Lawyers will love this if a phone burns that was refused at the store for exchange.
    09-23-2016 04:11 PM
    It will fix itself when your new bill generates, don't get excited about that credit. Happened to me and I woke up to an extremely effed up new bill this morning.
    Your account is still screwed up?
    09-23-2016 04:28 PM
    I got notice that the one I actually ordered is there but it will be canceled on October 5th if I don't pick it up....remember they gave me a replacement blue and never had my order in the system yet.....so someone will get lucky after October 5th with a black note....may try to see if they can cancel that order now on twitter
    09-23-2016 04:31 PM
2,848 ... 102103104105106 ...