10-12-2016 12:45 PM
2,848 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    For those of us who ordered, will they still ship us a phone and we ship ours back if we like?
    09-05-2016 10:50 AM
    Guess you wont be buying iPhones starting with the i7 since Apple is ditching the physical home button.
    I'm actually okay with the haptic feedback style button, that's fine with me, as long as it simulates and feels like a press. I just don't like the style like on the LG phones where its literally a digital button. I don't have any interest in the iPhone 7 currently, but its not because of the home button.
    09-05-2016 11:47 AM
    Do they put it back on your credit card or a refund via check in the mail?
    Refund will be back on your card. They'll ask you to swipe your card in there terminal, just like any debit/credit returns at the store.
    09-05-2016 12:36 PM
    I love my blue note7.but I am careful.no charge overnoc .only will charge with samsung charger.will only exchange for another note7
    09-05-2016 12:58 PM
    Hopefully with the holiday, everyone will be on the same page and we can get a firmer date for exchanges. 2 to 4 weeks is a painful waiting period.
    09-05-2016 01:27 PM
    Hopefully with the holiday, everyone will be on the same page and we can get a firmer date for exchanges. 2 to 4 weeks is a painful waiting period.
    Some reports are by the end of the week replacements will start to roll in. Someone posted this in another thread. It's a link to Samsung HK, but there is an english translation page of it and you can type in your IMEI to see if it's one of the phones with the certain battery. Again not sure how accurate it is for US models.
    It tells me mine is not one of the affected phones.

Galaxy Note7 Checking | SAMSUNG 香港
    09-05-2016 01:59 PM
    Also when they get the new ones in, do you think it will be faster to have them send us one and we send ours back after we get it? I mean will the stores get a bunch of new Note 7s to swap in a hurry, or would it be faster getting it directly from the warehouse like we did with pre order?
    Also, what about S switch from our old Note to new Note and wiping our old Note 7? That could easily take an hour. They expect us to do that in the store?
    09-05-2016 02:02 PM
    Also, what about S switch from our old Note to new Note and wiping our old Note 7? That could easily take an hour. They expect us to do that in the store?
    When I bought my S7 I did it in store and I was there total about 1.5 hours from looking, buying the phone to waiting forever for everything to transfer. Much easier to do all that at home like I did for the Note 7.
    Kyd justus likes this.
    09-05-2016 02:06 PM
    When I bought my S7 I did it in store and I was there total about 1.5 hours from looking, buying the phone to waiting forever for everything to transfer. Much easier to do all that at home like I did for the Note 7.
    Absolutely, much easier to do it all at home. Will the new Note 7 even have the battery charged enough to do the S switch? I want to make sure my old Note 7 is wiped properly without having to rush it at the store. I wish they would send them to us in the mail again and then give us a few days to send them the old Note back
    09-05-2016 02:14 PM
    Absolutely, much easier to do it all at home. Will the new Note 7 even have the battery charged enough to do the S switch? I want to make sure my old Note 7 is wiped properly without having to rush it at the store. I wish they would send them to us in the mail again and then give us a few days to send them the old Note back
    I really can not imagine them NOT letting us swap through the mail.

What about the people who live far away from a store or just dont have the time to go to the store.
    09-05-2016 02:21 PM
    Some reports are by the end of the week replacements will start to roll in. Someone posted this in another thread. It's a link to Samsung HK, but there is an english translation page of it and you can type in your IMEI to see if it's one of the phones with the certain battery. Again not sure how accurate it is for US models.

The English version clearly indicates, "....for customers who purchased Galaxy Note7 between Aug 26 and Sep 1, 2016 at authorized re-sellers or authorized distributors in <<<Hong Kong and Macau>>>, please check whether the IMEI number of your device is in the affected IMEI number range. If it is, Samsung HK will voluntarily replace your current Galaxy Note7 with a new one."

So COULD this mean that the affected units were only sold in those regions?
    09-05-2016 02:23 PM
    I really can not imagine them NOT letting us swap through the mail.

What about the people who live far away from a store or just dont have the time to go to the store.

With option 1. It seems that they are going to let us know when the Note 7's are at the stores in our locality, so we can go pick them up. Thoughts?
    09-05-2016 02:33 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...f6c0d685dc.jpg
    With option 1. It seems that they are going to let us know when the Note 7's are at the stores in our locality, so we can go pick them up. Thoughts?
    Tmobile on twitter and on the phone said I could mail it in after I get the device. That was 3 days ago though. I only got one Tmobile store that is about 10 miles from me. Only one in my county and I'm not big on the staff and it is always super busy. Next closest store is about 30 miles to my south in lee County or up in Sarasota county almost 40 miles from me. I might call a bunch of those stores when it's announced they have replacements because the one closest to me will probably run out faster. I don't know what to believe. That one blogger said that Tmobile Notes were built in China and have the safe battery. I have my Note 7 in the box right now. I did not do a factory reset just in case news comes out ours are safe. If I like what the V20 offers I might swap it out and take the refunded difference, but I'd much rather have a Note 7. Too risky that the V20 is a flop and rumor has it it will be modular too which is a no go for me because of the issues with it on the G5.
    Kyd justus likes this.
    09-05-2016 02:37 PM
    The English version clearly indicates, "....for customers who purchased Galaxy Note7 between Aug 26 and Sep 1, 2016 at authorized re-sellers or authorized distributors in , please check whether the IMEI number of your device is in the affected IMEI number range. If it is, Samsung HK will voluntarily replace your current Galaxy Note7 with a new one."

So COULD this mean that the affected units were only sold in those regions?
    Or it could mean that is the only region that they can actually track the affected
    phones....
    CrisG likes this.
    09-05-2016 02:53 PM
    I have continued to use mine as I have since I bought mine last month. I use my Samsung wireless charger overnight. Samsung fast charger when needed. Zero heat issues regarding the battery. I'll continue to use mine and take my chances.
    I understand that at the end of the day you will do what you want but, this is really not recommended.

Cell shorts don't have any warning signs. By the time a short occurs, a fire is imminent, warning or not.

Just because you haven't had one isn't any indication of future performance. If Samsung says there's reason to be worried, I'd just exchange the phone.

Even if you have the technical know how (I'm an electrical engineer myself), unless you're privy to the root cause of the issue (none of us are) you're really just rolling the dice by carrying a fire hazard on your person.

It's not wise at all.
    09-05-2016 03:11 PM
    For those of us who ordered, will they still ship us a phone and we ship ours back if we like?
    I believe all exchanges have to occur at a T-Mobile store
    09-05-2016 03:13 PM
    I believe all exchanges have to occur at a T-Mobile store
    That sucks. I dread going to the one by me.
    09-05-2016 03:27 PM

It is completely inaccurate.
    09-05-2016 03:34 PM
    Blues Fan I understand your situation. I have 3 stores within 10 miles of me here in Collier County, but the service is suspect at all three. I go to the T-Mobile in the mall in Fort Myers or the one near Miromar Outlets in Estero.
    09-05-2016 03:35 PM
    It is completely inaccurate.
    That's what I figured too. I'm playing it safe and switched back to my S7. I didn't factory wipe my Note 7 yet just incase there is a way they figure out to check which units are bad or not. When I go to swap it out I'll wipe it. Depends on what LG brings tomorrow. I still want to stick with a Note and if they have them in stock before the release then I'll wait.

Does LG ship early? Or will there be a big thread on it regarding watching for shipping labels and flight tracking lol.
    09-05-2016 03:37 PM
    I understand your situation. I have 3 stores within 10 miles of me here in Collier County, but the service is suspect at all three. I go to the T-Mobile in the mall in Fort Myers or the one near Miromar Outlets in Estero.
    Yea that's sad. When I lived in St. Louis I had THREE stores within 3 miles of me including one in the mall and one right across the street of the mall lol and then another one a couple miles away. You never hardly had to wait in the stores because they have so many stores in St. Louis and the employees were a lot more helpful too.

I'll probably go to the one near Miromar, or the one in South Sarasota. I don't know since I'm swapping it might not be as hard since I'm not buying or anything. I wonder since I have my S7 to use if I just bring my Note all boxed up and they let me leave the store with the New Note 7 all sealed up so I can pop its cherry at home. I don't like going to Edison mall. Seems to be more seedy around Ft. Myers lately.
    09-05-2016 03:41 PM
    Any new news if it is possible new Note 7s in late this week like Samsung hinting?

I'm on my S7 right now because I made the decision to no longer use my current Note. The tiny screen is driving me crazy! When they announce the V20 could it be in stores by the end of the week?
    09-05-2016 06:59 PM
    Any new news if it is possible new Note 7s in late this week like Samsung hinting?

I'm on my S7 right now because I made the decision to no longer use my current Note. The tiny screen is driving me crazy! When they announce the V20 could it be in stores by the end of the week?
    I seriously doubt the V20 is in stores this week but you never know I guess. If they did launch this week, there would essentially be no preorder period and I'm not sure why they would want to do that.
    09-05-2016 07:41 PM
    I seriously doubt the V20 is in stores this week but you never know I guess. If they did launch this week, there would essentially be no preorder period and I'm not sure why they would want to do that.
    Does tmobile ship LG phones early during pre orders? I mean so we don't go through the Note 7 fiasco for pre order again.

Actually would be a smart move if LG releases it soon in order to capitalize on the whole Note 7 ordeal before Samsung gets new units for sale.
    09-05-2016 07:49 PM
    Does tmobile ship LG phones early during pre orders? I mean so we don't go through the Note 7 fiasco for pre order again.

Actually would be a smart move if LG releases it soon in order to capitalize on the whole Note 7 ordeal before Samsung gets new units for sale.
    I haven't been with T-Mobile during a LG launch so I don't know on that.

I'm not sure LG could do to much to push up the time frame at this point but I guess they could try if they wanted.
    09-05-2016 08:08 PM
2,848 ... 1213141516 ...