10-12-2016 12:45 PM
2,848 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    Blues, you seriously think you want to switch phones instead of waiting maybe a day or two longer after all you went through with the Note 7 release?

๐Ÿ˜ฉ
    09-05-2016 08:10 PM
    I haven't been with T-Mobile during a LG launch so I don't know on that.

I'm not sure LG could do to much to push up the time frame at this point but I guess they could try if they wanted.
    The rumor is they should be in stores by the 18 or 23rd. So if that's true you would still have time to exchange before the 30th. Tomorrow is the launch date. I would suggest anyone interested in it checking that out tomorrow to see if the phone is worth it.
    09-05-2016 08:10 PM
    The rumor is they should be in stores by the 18 or 23rd. So if that's true you would still have time to exchange before the 30th. Tomorrow is the launch date. I would suggest anyone interested in it checking that out tomorrow to see if the phone is worth it.
    When I get home from work tomorrow night I will. We got an idea what the features will be like removable battery, dual camera, possible 6gb or ram, IR blaster while on paper it sounds more impressive than the Note 7 we know how LG tends to be a flop after a few months. Even the V10 didn't catch on like fire. I'm open to the idea, but will likely stick with the Note 7.

What would really sting is we swap ours out for a new one and then 3 weeks later it goes back on sale with a $100 price reduction or something.
    hailsusy90 likes this.
    09-05-2016 08:20 PM
    When I get home from work tomorrow night I will. We got an idea what the features will be like removable battery, dual camera, possible 6gb or ram, IR blaster while on paper it sounds more impressive than the Note 7 we know how LG tends to be a flop after a few months. Even the V10 didn't catch on like fire. I'm open to the idea, but will likely stick with the Note 7.

What would really sting is we swap ours out for a new one and then 3 weeks later it goes back on sale with a $100 price reduction or something.
    Yeah that last part would really **** me off. I would probably complain to whoever I have to and get that 100 dollars off. Especially with all we've been through with the recall.
    09-05-2016 08:21 PM
    I'm guessing you meant to quote Blues because after being LG only since the G2, I have no interest in switching to the V20. I'm finding the S pen more and more useful everyday and at this point there's no way I'm getting anything else but a replacement note 7.

The latest Reddit leak, posted in the V20 forum, points to 23rd launch on T-Mobile.
    09-05-2016 08:22 PM
    I'm guessing you meant to quote Blues because after being LG only since the G2, I have no interest in switching to the V20. I'm finding the S pen more and more useful everyday and at this point there's no way I'm getting anything else but a replacement note 7.

The latest Reddit leak, posted in the V20 forum, points to 23rd launch on T-Mobile.
    Yes I'm sorry. I just quoted your quote of his quote lol.
    anon(782252) and True_RL like this.
    09-05-2016 08:23 PM
    I plan on returning my note 7 tomorrow but I lost the headphones that came with it. Will they charge me for it?
    09-05-2016 08:24 PM
    Yeah that last part would really **** me off. I would probably complain to whoever I have to and get that 100 dollars off. Especially with all we've been through with the recall.
    I agree. Hence carriers are setting deadlines to return yours. So if the deadline is sept 30th for example they will probably put the new Note on sale Oct10th for example. That way with the deadline we have no choice but to return it or get nothing for it. Unless you return it and go phoneless possibly until it goes on sale again.
    09-05-2016 08:24 PM
    I plan on returning my note 7 tomorrow but I lost the headphones that came with it. Will they charge me for it?
    Probably not. Most of the time they just want the phone and don't really care about what's in the box with it.
    09-05-2016 08:25 PM
    No, they don't care about that stuff and probably don't care about the charger. It isn't like they reuse headsets nor do they even repair bad chargers that are returned to Samsung.
    09-05-2016 08:25 PM
    I agree. Hence carriers are setting deadlines to return yours. So if the deadline is sept 30th for example they will probably put the new Note on sale Oct10th for example. That way with the deadline we have no choice but to return it or get nothing for it. Unless you return it and go phoneless possibly until it goes on sale again.
    Sounds tempting since I have a back up phone now. That happened when I bought the Note 4. I waited and instead of paying 750 I got a special that they had and the phone cost me 599.
    09-05-2016 08:26 PM
    No, they don't care about that stuff and probably don't care about the charger. It isn't like they reuse headsets nor do they even repair bad chargers that are returned to Samsung.
    While VERY unlike that it contributes to the battery problems, IMO they can have the charger that came with it. I'd rather use the new charger that comes with the replacement just to be safe if they did some tweaking to it.
    09-05-2016 08:27 PM
    While VERY unlike that it contributes to the battery problems, IMO they can have the charger that came with it. I'd rather use the new charger that comes with the replacement just to be safe if they did some tweaking to it.
    This is how much it contributes to the battery problem:

Zero

They said it was faulty battery cells. Said it in English even, I watched.

They didn't do tweaking, this is the same charger that came with the Note 5.
    09-05-2016 08:27 PM
    Not planning to return any accessories or the box. An extra charger and headset is a nice gesture.
    jamesrick80 and True_RL like this.
    09-05-2016 08:29 PM
    Not planning to return any accessories or the box. An extra charger and headset is a nice gesture.
    I wouldn't return the spen either. It will just be trashed. They do not repair those.
    Thegreatone3 and True_RL like this.
    09-05-2016 08:30 PM
    I agree. And in the past they've never asked for that. Especially the headset. I don't think they want that back after it's been in our ears.
    Kelly Kearns and CrisG like this.
    09-05-2016 08:30 PM
    Blues Fan I use to live on Lemay Ferry Road in St Louis across the street from Kmart. I was within walking distance of South County Mall.
    09-05-2016 08:33 PM
    I talked to cs at T-Mobile about this very topic. He was extremely difficult to understand, but basically said no. If I don't ship my Note 5 by the 30th day from the date I received my Note 7, I'd be charged the amount that I owed on my Note 5.
    Here's the conversation I had with them on Twitter. I'm hoping I don't get charged for it but if I do I'll raise hell and send this as proof. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    hailsusy90 likes this.
    09-05-2016 08:36 PM
    Here's the conversation I had with them on Twitter. I'm hoping I don't get charged for it but if I do I'll raise hell and send this as proof. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    They have told several people that.

For this situation, all the normal rules of turning in your trade in, etc, are off the table.
    09-05-2016 08:42 PM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...7defb40345.jpg
    Exactly what they told me... Holding on to both so I'm not out a phone IF something happens...
    09-05-2016 08:46 PM
    I wouldn't return the spen either. It will just be trashed. They do not repair those.
    Good tip. Thanks!
    True_RL likes this.
    09-05-2016 08:49 PM
    Good tip. Thanks!
    Now all that can vary depending on a store manager. My suggestion, when you go, take everything in your box and leave it in the car, walk in phone only, already reset.

If you get one that wants to be a pain, then you have it in the car. Otherwise, don't offer it unless asked.
    Thegreatone3 and Tabbiel1989 like this.
    09-05-2016 08:52 PM
    Now all that can vary depending on a store manager. My suggestion, when you go, take everything in your box and leave it in the car, walk in phone only, already reset.

If you get one that wants to be a pain, then you have it in the car. Otherwise, don't offer it unless asked.
    Good tip! I've always done this with my previous phones & tablets and now I have over a dozen chargers ๐Ÿ˜‚
    09-05-2016 09:04 PM
    Blues Fan I use to live on Lemay Ferry Road in St Louis across the street from Kmart. I was within walking distance of South County Mall.
    Yep. I lived further down the road near Mehlville High School. You know what I mean 3 tmobile stores within 10 minutes from each other. Everything so convenient about that area of Stl because everything is so close by. Here in my area of FL I have to drive 30 minutes or more to go places.
    09-05-2016 09:59 PM
    Anybody else received an email from Samsung? Got one yesterday. Aside from the usual yadi-yada, on the link they provided they're saying you can exchange your Note 7 device "as early as next week".
    I think I'll purposely 'misplace' my S-Pen. You know, it's the phone's fault. It did not beep to remind me when I left it somewhere.
    Is T-Mo one of the "select carrier retailers" to give us a $25 credit?
    09-06-2016 02:38 AM
2,848 ... 1314151617 ...