10-12-2016 12:45 PM
2,848 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    This is of course assuming that t mobile adds the iPhone 7 to JoD.
    I'm fully expecting JoD to be eliminated at any given time, I think they have realized that wasn't the best idea from their perspective...its a great program for us as consumers!
    09-08-2016 08:59 AM
    The JoD is so confusing to the retail store reps. I remember when John Legere first announced it and he specifically said NO FEES, yet I have had to pay a "deposit" twice now on my JoD upgrades and then when I got my Note 7 I didn't have to pay anything.
    The JOD down-payment has been on effect when there is a larger phone. With my Note 5 there was no down-payment for the 32 gb. Also with the iPhone, no down-payment with the smallest iPhone.

Just like any advertising, there will be tiers for an upgraded device. The Note 7 doesn't have a 32 gb, at least in the US, hence the reason there would have been a change to no down-payment.
    09-08-2016 09:54 AM
    That's not necessarily true. I got a 128 gig iPhone 6S Plus with absolutely zero down earlier this year. I'm telling you its a roll of the dice with who you talk to at TMO. Supposedly you are only able to use JoD 3 times a year right? Well, I'm on #5 and it hasn't even been a year yet lolol.
    No down-payment for the 128 gb is not company policy though.
    09-08-2016 09:55 AM
    Just got done talking to T-Mobile in Hurst, TX at the mall. Had a hard time finding a corporate store but i recommend going to one. Was told samsung just visited store and he was told 7-8 days the T-Mobile replacement note 7's will be in store. I asked if I can change colors was told a maybe.

I asked if I have to return all accessories and was told just the box and phone. Said I can keep the charger and other goodies . I asked if the phone will come in a refurbished box with just the phone. He told me the phone will come in a box exactly like the one that came with original version with all accessories in tact.

Very nice. Unfortunately this isn't my T-Mobile and out of state right now but good for Texans. I recommend to call your corporate store and good luck finding one too. I'm going to check back on Wednesday.
    09-08-2016 10:55 AM
    I asked if I have to return all accessories and was told just the box and phone.
    Yeah, good luck asking for boxes back. Mine was recycled the day I got it.
    09-08-2016 11:03 AM
    Then they can use the box the new one comes in. Some people save boxes for resell or storage if they have several devices.

I save my boxes for both.
    09-08-2016 11:06 AM
    I hope they get more than a few extra. Pre-orders were huge and a large portion were done online.

I seriously doubt that we will see replacement devices in stores this week. I was told today that I could get something else to use and return it when they do arrive. They had no idea when they were going to get them so I may just grab an On5 or J7 cheapo to tide me over.
    I was told that too, but in that case, you would end up ha ing to oay the down payment and tax agaun on the n7
    09-08-2016 11:08 AM
    I've never had an issue returning any of my phones to T-Mobile without the box, cord and earbuds. If anyone gives you an issue, immediately ask for a manager. Someone is over stepping their bounds.

I have a friend who works for T-mobile, and he has already been scheduled for a lot of overtime next week to deal specifically with exchanges.
    09-08-2016 11:09 AM
    I wonder if they'll let you change the color. I'm a little bored of the blue. It was pretty at first but I think I would prefer black since I'm just going to cover it up with an OtterBox Defender once they finally get to stores.
    09-08-2016 11:18 AM
    I just talked to Tmobile help and they still don't know when they will be in. Should I just go and return this thing then for refund?
    09-08-2016 11:23 AM
    I just talked to Tmobile help and they still don't know when they will be in. Should I just go and return this thing then for refund?
    Leaning towards going back to the S7 Edge myself. An update of some kind from T-Mobile would be appreciated.
    09-08-2016 11:25 AM
    No. Be patient. If you do that you will have to wait until they start selling them again. The replacements that come in are going to be for the people that already purchased them and need to swap them out. We will have first priority.
    Your note 7 T-Mobile variant? ATT does their horrid white orange ATT refurbished looking boxes but T-Mobile gave galaxy note 7 box with everything included. Looks like it came directly from Samsung.

I was actually told "we'd appreciate the box back" so it was open ended. I don't ming giving the box back of the new notes are in an identical box with original accessories. But if not I agree I'll keep the box. I always save box, manuals, original wrapping, etc. Wish I was given a better answer on colors though.
    I was told that too, but in that case, you would end up ha ing to oay the down payment and tax agaun on the n7
    I don't think so. I'm a JoD customer so I didn't have to put anything down, but to do that to any customer would be taking advantage of the situation IMO and very uncarrier like.
    09-08-2016 11:31 AM
    No. Be patient. If you do that you will have to wait until they start selling them again. The replacements that come in are going to be for the people that already purchased them and need to swap them out. We will have first priority.
    I don't want to go down to the wire though. What about if i want to buy an Iphone though?
    09-08-2016 11:34 AM
    I don't want to go down to the wire though. What about if i want to buy an Iphone though?
    If you're absolutely sure you want to buy an iPhone then return it and buy the iPhone. But if you're not sure then wait.
    09-08-2016 11:35 AM
    Can you confirm this? Other carriers saying they will go on sale to public at the same time we swap them.
    09-08-2016 11:38 AM
    Can you confirm this? Other carriers saying they will go on sale to public at the same time we swap them.
    I'll message them. But if I can recall, the message on the T-Mobile website said that customers who are swapping the devices get first priority.
    09-08-2016 11:40 AM
    09-08-2016 11:40 AM
    I doubt this only because Samsung is really pushing trading in the Note 7 for another phone or get a replacement as soon as possible. It would seem counterproductive to sell new Note 7's to new customers instead of getting replacements to people who need them. In another thread someone mentioned that they were told by their carrier that the Note 7 wouldn't go back on sale until sometime in October, meaning they believe that's when all replacements will be taken care of. No one knows for sure but that would make the most sense.
    09-08-2016 11:51 AM
    That's not necessarily true. I got a 128 gig iPhone 6S Plus with absolutely zero down earlier this year. I'm telling you its a roll of the dice with who you talk to at TMO. Supposedly you are only able to use JoD 3 times a year right? Well, I'm on #5 and it hasn't even been a year yet lolol.
    I have done more than 3 as well...
    09-08-2016 11:57 AM
    One week tomorrow lads. Almost there to getting our phones replaced.
    That is best case scenario, I'd be surprised if they do and if they do it'll probably be in small batches. It's just such a small amount of time to build them, ship them, deliver them, have the store scan them in to inventory and be able to sell them. Some notices said 2-4 weeks, my thoughts are it'll be closer to the 4 week mark but who knows.
    09-08-2016 12:19 PM
    That is best case scenario, I'd be surprised if they do and if they do it'll probably be in small batches. It's just such a small amount of time to build them, ship them, deliver them, have the store scan them in to inventory and be able to sell them. Some notices said 2-4 weeks, my thoughts are it'll be closer to the 4 week mark but who knows.
    I agree. I'm not going to get impatient and just be hopeful we get this resolved by the end of the month.

To touch on something you responded to someone else, I read somewhere or maybe one of John's tweets, that their first priority was to replace every Note. I'm trying to find this in writing because I'm gonna be pissed if a new customer gets theirs before mine because the rep wants commission.
    09-08-2016 12:26 PM
    I agree. I'm not going to get impatient and just be hopeful we get this resolved by the end of the month.

To touch on something you responded to someone else, I read somewhere or maybe one of John's tweets, that their first priority was to replace every Note. I'm trying to find this in writing because I'm gonna be pissed if a new customer gets theirs before mine because the rep wants commission.
    Same. They better replace our phones first and not sell anything until they have.
    True_RL and ajb1965 like this.
    09-08-2016 12:33 PM
    Same. They better replace our phones first and not sell anything until they have.
    * air high five 🖖
    hailsusy90 likes this.
    09-08-2016 12:35 PM
2,848 ... 1617181920 ...