10-12-2016 12:45 PM
2,848 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    Well I just returned from my store and they still have not gotten confirmation on when the devices would be available to swap out. They took back my Note7 and gave me an S7 Edge which they told me to bring back when the Note7's were available. This store at least is suggesting to people that they take this course of action to be on the safe side.

I was happy with the way they have handled things so far and am looking forward to getting back my Note7 when they get replacement devices.
    09-08-2016 01:25 PM
    They took back my Note7 and gave me an S7 Edge which they told me to bring back when the Note7's were available.
    What? Didn't know T-Mobile was offering loaner phones while we wait. Perhaps on a store by store basis?
    09-08-2016 01:31 PM
    Guys, is it standard policy for the T Mobile stores to give you a loaner phone if you want to turn in the Note 7 unit the new one's arrive? Dseiden, did you have an issue getting the S7 Edge? Curious how that works. Thanks.
    09-08-2016 01:33 PM
    Called t-mobile they said 5 weeks for replacements!
    09-08-2016 01:53 PM
    I agree. I'm not going to get impatient and just be hopeful we get this resolved by the end of the month.

To touch on something you responded to someone else, I read somewhere or maybe one of John's tweets, that their first priority was to replace every Note. I'm trying to find this in writing because I'm gonna be pissed if a new customer gets theirs before mine because the rep wants commission.
    Same here. If next week I can't get one because new customers bought them up I will be pissed and for sure return the Note and get the Iphone or V20.
    09-08-2016 01:53 PM
    Called t-mobile they said 5 weeks for replacements!
    WTF. If that is true then I'm ordering the 7Plus tonight and returning the Note 7 asap.
    09-08-2016 01:54 PM
    WTF. If that is true then I'm ordering the 7Plus tonight and returning the Note 7 asap.
    That is a rep that said that. , you can't take that as fact at all.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    09-08-2016 01:59 PM
    I asked Tmobile this morning when they will be getting the new phones and they don't know yet. I went on Samsung's live chat and they said starting next week, but then someone post here that tmobile said up to 5 weeks.

Chat InformationPlease wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.

Chat InformationAll Samsung Agents are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. A Samsung Agent will be with you shortly.

Chat InformationAll Samsung Agents are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. A Samsung Agent will be with you shortly.

Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'Pradeep Y'. The reference number for this chat is 4326040058.

Pradeep Y: Hi, thank you for reaching out to Samsung Technical Support. How may I assist you?

Tom: Hi. I was wondering if the revised Note 7s will be available next week to swap my old one out

Pradeep Y: Hello Tom!

Pradeep Y: Yes, No need to worry It will be available next week.

Tom: Okay. I used Tmobile and I'm hearing up to 5 weeks.

Tom: Will existing Note 7 users get first picking of new Note 7s before they go on sale to new customers?

Pradeep Y: Yes, You are right Tom.

Tom: But you don't know when next week they will be available?

Pradeep Y: You need to contact carrier

Tom: I did and they won't tell me when, I just heard 5 weeks somewhere on the internet but was hoping next week they would be coming in because I might consider the new IPhone if I have to wait weeks which I would hate to.

Pradeep Y: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.

Pradeep Y: I do understand your concern.If I was In your place I would have felt the same

Pradeep Y: Please contact them next week they will surely get it

Tom: There is also word the FAA might ban the Note 7 from commercial flights, will Samsung include something to identify to TSA it's a revised device?

Pradeep Y: We do not have any information regarding it

Tom: ok. Thanks for your help!
    09-08-2016 02:20 PM
    just returned my note7, which took over 90minutes just to do that. they weren't sure how to go about it as I purchased it outright via telesales/wasn't purchased at the store. they did offer an s7 in the meantime, but I declined. the rep took multiple attempts to complete the process. good luck to whoever's returning for a refund. hope it goes smoother! for now back on my note5, and a full signal!
    09-08-2016 02:26 PM
    Guys, is it standard policy for the T Mobile stores to give you a loaner phone if you want to turn in the Note 7 unit the new one's arrive? Dseiden, did you have an issue getting the S7 Edge? Curious how that works. Thanks.
    I did not actually go there to get a "loaner" phone but they told me to choose something and then told me to bring it back when the new Note7s were in. They handled it just like a return and a new purchase but was told that they had marked it as a Note7 exchange which would let me bring it back if I wanted to when the Note7 was back.

I figured I would just turn it in and use an old phone I have till I could get a new Note7 but this is cool as I get to see just how much I miss the Note7 while using another great device.
    09-08-2016 02:29 PM
    Chances are carriers receive their brand new note 7s next week but then they will need like an extra week to install the bloatwares and etc.
    09-08-2016 02:30 PM
    just returned my note7, which took over 90minutes just to do that. they weren't sure how to go about it as I purchased it outright via telesales/wasn't purchased at the store. they did offer an s7 in the meantime, but I declined. the rep took multiple attempts to complete the process. good luck to whoever's returning for a refund. hope it goes smoother! for now back on my note5, and a full signal!
    Yea I hear others mention on here how the return process for orders takes forever and like a 3 page instruction process for it. That is why I'd rather swap it straight out for a new Note or exchange for an Iphone 7s plus if they don't get them in versus getting a refund and buying it again. I hope they get them next week. Tmobile won't tell me for sure when they will have them again but I talked to Samsung about it today

Chat InformationPlease wait for a Samsung Agent to respond.

Chat InformationYou are now chatting with 'Pradeep Y'. The reference number for this chat is 4326040058.

Pradeep Y: Hi, thank you for reaching out to Samsung Technical Support. How may I assist you?

Tom: Hi. I was wondering if the revised Note 7s will be available next week to swap my old one out

Pradeep Y: Hello Tom!

Pradeep Y: Yes, No need to worry It will be available next week.

Tom: Okay. I used Tmobile and I'm hearing up to 5 weeks.

Tom: Will existing Note 7 users get first picking of new Note 7s before they go on sale to new customers?

Pradeep Y: Yes, You are right Tom.

Tom: But you don't know when next week they will be available?

Pradeep Y: You need to contact carrier

Tom: I did and they won't tell me when, I just heard 5 weeks somewhere on the internet but was hoping next week they would be coming in because I might consider the new IPhone if I have to wait weeks which I would hate to.

Pradeep Y: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.

Pradeep Y: I do understand your concern.If I was In your place I would have felt the same

Pradeep Y: Please contact them next week they will surely get it

Tom: There is also word the FAA might ban the Note 7 from commercial flights, will Samsung include something to identify to TSA it's a revised device?

Pradeep Y: We do not have any information regarding it

Tom: ok. Thanks for your help!
    09-08-2016 02:35 PM
    Chances are carriers receive their brand new note 7s next week but then they will need like an extra week to install the bloatwares and etc.
    I hate all that crap. I thought the manufacturer installs the junk? If they had unlocked right now I'd be returning this and would be heading to Best Buy or their website and get an unlocked one.
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-08-2016 02:37 PM
    the store rep did mention replacements couldl possibly be available next week. guess we'll have to wait and see. I think I will be holding off on the note7 for a little longer after that, just to see what others think of it.
    09-08-2016 02:42 PM
    the store rep did mention replacements couldl possibly be available next week. guess we'll have to wait and see. I think I will be holding off on the note7 for a little longer after that, just to see what others think of it.
    If we call a store that gets replacements, do you think they'd hold one for me until I get up there? I only have one tmobile store that is about 10 miles from me. otherwise I have to drive almost 40 miles north to hit more store, or almost 30 miles to my south. I would hate if my closest store has them and I drive 30 miles for them only to run out.
    09-08-2016 02:44 PM
    I hate all that crap. I thought the manufacturer installs the junk? If they had unlocked right now I'd be returning this and would be heading to Best Buy or their website and get an unlocked one.
    The manufacturer does install all that. Samsung has the OS for each carrier.
    jamesrick80 and Serkle K like this.
    09-08-2016 02:51 PM
    I cannot just give up my note 7 until my replacement is actually in my hands.....
    09-08-2016 02:57 PM
    When I called the rep to do the process of the return for a refund, they said that I have to do it in store, and they would reverse the jump upgrade. Also, she said that shipment for the new batch should arrive mid next week (not sure if its arriving in my area or nationwide...) but im going hold off getting a new note 7 until the issues are resolve and is ok!
    09-08-2016 03:41 PM
    I didn't have any carrier apps show up on my Passport until after I dropped my AT&T sim in it. I'm sure there would have been the same on any unlocked devices with the carrier sim.
    09-08-2016 04:50 PM
    Do you really think this works this way?!?!?!?! This might be as dumb as people who think AT&T re-boxes every Samsung phone in to the ugly boxes and steals the headphones.

Samsung delivers the devices to the spec of the retailer.. who in this case is AT&T. Simple. AT&T tells them what boxes, and what software and what accessories, and then its done by Samsung and delivered to AT&T (who can then send it to target/best buy etc).

Disable the bloatware, and turn off the tears.
    09-08-2016 04:56 PM
    I didn't have any carrier apps show up on my Passport until after I dropped my AT&T sim in it. I'm sure there would have been the same on any unlocked devices with the carrier sim.
    All my Samsung phones come with the apps already there. If you set it up without the SIM in, they still are there.
    09-08-2016 04:56 PM
    If we call a store that gets replacements, do you think they'd hold one for me until I get up there? I only have one tmobile store that is about 10 miles from me. otherwise I have to drive almost 40 miles north to hit more store, or almost 30 miles to my south. I would hate if my closest store has them and I drive 30 miles for them only to run out.
    my guess is if they have ample suppy and/or low demand, the store might put one aside. I asked if they had many returns/exchange customers, they didn't have many. not yet anyway. they told me to give them a call next week to check on replacements if I was interested.
    09-08-2016 04:57 PM
    Just now from T-Mobile on replacements.
    Attached Thumbnails T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread-7513.jpg  
    09-08-2016 05:13 PM
    I've read a ton of posts on this issue. Someone please help clarify if I could am understanding this correctly. I have 2 main options.

1. I can return the phone and they will refund me any money paid up to this point on JOD. Then, I purchase new phone on JOD (if they don't offer a loaner). Then, I have to wait until all existing customers that still have the Note7 get their replacements first before I can repurchase.

2. I hang onto my Note7 until the replacements come in. I walk into the store, hand them the firestarter, then leave without signing a new JOD and getting no refund whatsoever. So, it would be treated more like a warranty replacement.

Is this understanding accurate? It's hard to even ask this question because so many people are getting different information.
    amyf27 likes this.
    09-08-2016 05:23 PM
    Just turned mine in to Tmobile...it took forever but I got it done. No more N7 for me.
    Side note the rep that helped me said T is really good about the turn in's, because they've taken back smashed phones.

She also said the turn in program for them keeps changing like every couple of hours. The latest thing they have been told is to not send the phones back in. That they have to hold them in their inventory.

She also said "I wasn't really listing to her as I was ready to go" that they will have new phones in next week or 10/2. I was like umhmm don't care.
    09-08-2016 05:53 PM
2,848 ... 1718192021 ...