10-12-2016 12:45 PM
2,848 1234 ...
tools
    Well what a mess, I ordered my phone through T-Mobile (phone call) got it on the 18th. I tired to take it back today to a store and they said I needed the box and accessories, went home grabbed everything and went back to the store. Now I'm told I need a receipt because I ordered it through the phone, what a cluster.
    09-02-2016 06:14 PM
    Well what a mess, I ordered my phone through T-Mobile (phone call) got it on the 18th. I tired to take it back today to a store and they said I needed the box and accessories, went home grabbed everything and went back to the store. Now I'm told I need a receipt because I ordered it through the phone, what a cluster.
    They should be able to get your recent from the system...
    09-02-2016 06:18 PM
    Just got back from tmo. I was able to return my phone and go back to my iPhone 6s+ which I hadn't sent back yet as part of my JUMP agreement. The tmo rep called someone and had them cancel that JUMP upgrade out of their system. He said it might take a couple weeks for the refund of the taxes and down payment to show back up on my card. When the new stock comes in I'm going to get one from the store instead of worrying about being home for the delivery and having to send my iPhone back. However, in this instance I'm glad I chose that route the first time around, as I still have a great device to use in the meantime.
    ladyc0524 and mikepas like this.
    09-02-2016 06:26 PM
    Unless the V20 really really impresses me, I'm just going to wait and get a replacement Note 7. I love the Note 7 and already spend about 70 bucks between the two cases I have for it. Going to a Edge would be a downgrade. Not as new of a phone, and smaller. I ordered mine instead of buying it on launch day and the way it sounds from the two reps I will have to have them either send it to my house or have them send one to the store instead of pulling it from store stock. I guess I will have it shipped to me to save the trip. They said I will be able to send them my old note 7 after I get my new device.
    09-02-2016 06:37 PM
    This happened to me...come to think of it i don't think it's been below 50% since then.
    T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread-screenshot_20160828-120329.jpg
    09-02-2016 07:12 PM
    Unless the V20 really really impresses me, I'm just going to wait and get a replacement Note 7. I love the Note 7 and already spend about 70 bucks between the two cases I have for it. Going to a Edge would be a downgrade. Not as new of a phone, and smaller. I ordered mine instead of buying it on launch day and the way it sounds from the two reps I will have to have them either send it to my house or have them send one to the store instead of pulling it from store stock. I guess I will have it shipped to me to save the trip. They said I will be able to send them my old note 7 after I get my new device.
    When will we know what they are going to do. Next week? I'm just wondering how long it's going to take to mass produce replacements for everyone. I feel iffy about trusting it but we'll see.
    09-02-2016 07:23 PM
    Just got off the phone and tmo is saying sometime next week to swap out phone. Really stressed bringing it in for a swap out or return. The rep was nice enough to tell me I can keep my free gift but that was about all tmo was doing at this time.
    09-02-2016 07:27 PM
    Just got off the phone and tmo is saying sometime next week to swap out phone. Really stressed bringing it in for a swap out or return. The rep was nice enough to tell me I can keep my free gift but that was about all tmo was doing at this time.
    TMO will also take back any accessories if you bought some.
    09-02-2016 07:28 PM
    So they want us to go swap out the phone at the store next week? How? I doubt they already made new ones that aren't defective and that they will have already been shipped to the store by then.
    09-02-2016 07:28 PM
    So they want us to go swap out the phone at the store next week? How? I doubt they already made new ones that aren't defective and that they will have already been shipped to the store by then.
    They started manufacturing the new ones this week. They just need new batteries.
    09-02-2016 07:30 PM
    They started manufacturing the new ones this week. They just need new batteries.
    Okay. If that's the case fine. I guess hopefully the new ones are okay. Mine hasn't done anything weird or gotten hot at all but I've become paranoid.
    09-02-2016 07:34 PM
    Okay. If that's the case fine. I guess hopefully the new ones are okay. Mine hasn't done anything weird or gotten hot at all but I've become paranoid.
    You shouldn't be paranoid, but you really should exchange it. Samsung wouldn't recall all of these if there wasn't a safety concern.
    09-02-2016 07:35 PM
    I will wait and I did mine through Jump.... I wonder if we have to let store know or Tmobile know what we want? My replacement better be a Coral Blue....I ain't playing Tmobile....lol. That's when I will catch fire on them, lol.
    09-02-2016 07:56 PM
    Took mine back to t-mobile today. I was the first one they had done. They tried to send the guy before me out with his saying he needed to mail it in. Luckily i called ahead and spoke to a manager. I kept the box. I have JOD so they returned it and then processed a new sale not using jump. I got a s7 edge. I will jump later to the note once the dust settles. Better safe than sorry.
    09-02-2016 07:57 PM
    I will wait and I did mine through Jump.... I wonder if we have to let store know or Tmobile know what we want? My replacement better be a Coral Blue....I ain't playing Tmobile....lol. That's when I will catch fire on them, lol.
    Yeah I think you need to be in contact with TMO.
    09-02-2016 07:57 PM
    Am I reading the press release correctly from Samsung that only "select retailers" will be issuing a $25 gift card or bill credit?
    09-02-2016 08:06 PM
    I spoke with a customer service rep and he told me the same thing that most everyone was told about returning their phones. Since this will be a full return and wipe out everything and start new. I asked since I have the black can I get the blue or does it have to be the same color (black). He said since its a return I can get the blue if they have any in stock ay my local store. I just need to call ahead first. Cool, first my vacation is next week then the next I can return this and maybe get the blue and start over fresh. Is any one going to return the black phone and get the blue one?
    09-02-2016 08:09 PM
    I don't know.. So many people turned in their Jump and Jump on Demand trade in phones and don't have an extra.
    I turned in my N5 to get the N7 with JOD, and so now I'm using my N2. The N7 is going to seems so super duper insanely fast when they get some non-exploding ones in stock and I can switch back. Cannot wait.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-02-2016 08:29 PM
    They told me two weeks or so.
    09-02-2016 08:40 PM
    They told me two weeks or so.
    Same here. But since I ordered mine online and received it via UPS. Can I do my return and exchange in store? Or do I have to have the replacement sent by UPS? Meaning do I do the return/exchange with the customer rep by phone or just walk into my store and take care of it there?
    09-02-2016 08:50 PM
    I like that Sprint is offering the opportunity to trade the phone for something else UNTIL they get the new Note 7s in stock, then you can go back to the Note 7. With T-Mobile, you either have to hang on to it for a couple weeks, or trade/return it and get something else, but they don't say if they'll let you exchange that for a new Note 7 when they're available. I'm on JOD but I don't wanna waste one of my jumps on something that isn't my fault, and I really like this phone.
    Doesn't affect JOD
    09-02-2016 08:58 PM
    Is any one going to return the black phone and get the blue one?
    Well, if we indeed get a choice, I'm going to go from blue to black. Having a new color is cool, but it's a little too reflective and shiny for my taste. A little too distracting when watching videos, viewing photos, etc. Plus, I'm finding that it's more difficult to pick accessories and even things like wallpapers and themes because I have to make sure it doesn't clash with blue. Everything goes with black!
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    09-02-2016 08:59 PM
    I called T-Mobile. They said Samsung and T-Mobile will reach out to us to let us know when they are ready to replace our Note 7s. Then we can place our order whether that be over the phone or in store. I'll be ordering mine over the phone to be shipped to me. Mine seems to be fine, the battery life is wonderful and it doesn't heat up when fast charging by USB so I can wait it out. I'm still going to replace it of course.
    09-02-2016 09:21 PM
    I called T-Mobile. They said Samsung and T-Mobile will reach out to us to let us know when they are ready to replace our Note 7s. Then we can place our order whether that be over the phone or in store. I'll be ordering mine over the phone to be shipped to me. Mine seems to be fine, the battery life is wonderful and it doesn't heat up when fast charging by USB so I can wait it out. I'm still going to replace it of course.
    Same here. Plus if you plan to sell at some point it will help to have the "fixed" one.
    Keltian likes this.
    09-02-2016 09:22 PM
    Same here. But since I ordered mine online and received it via UPS. Can I do my return and exchange in store? Or do I have to have the replacement sent by UPS? Meaning do I do the return/exchange with the customer rep by phone or just walk into my store and take care of it there?
    Not 100 percent sure yet. The way the rep twitter and the one on the phone told me they can have it shipped to the store so I can turn in the phone there and transfer my data to the new one said I ordered the phone they would have to take it from warehouse stock. The rep on the phone told me I can have the phone shipped to me and then after I get the new phone I can simply send them the old phone back. The way it sounds a lot of people are going to simply swap them out. I hope I can just have it shipped to my house to save time and I can do the set up myself since my store is always busy and the staff I'm not too fond of.
    09-02-2016 09:24 PM
2,848 1234 ...