10-12-2016 12:45 PM
2,848 ... 1819202122 ...
tools
    Just now from T-Mobile on replacements.
    Yea, that is the same reply I got last week. I asked again today and no time frame, and then I go on Samsung chat and they tell me next week carriers should be getting the Note for me to exchange.

For the ones who want to swap, will they extend the sept 30th deadline though if the store runs out or don't have them in yet? That is what I worry about. The stores around here don't get many and Sept 30th hits. If I return it now then I can't buy it until it goes on sale. I'd be fuming if that happened and its' Oct 1 and I'm stuck with a $930 brick. I'd be calling all the local news stations about it.
    09-08-2016 05:56 PM
    I've read a ton of posts on this issue. Someone please help clarify if I could am understanding this correctly. I have 2 main options.

1. I can return the phone and they will refund me any money paid up to this point on JOD. Then, I purchase new phone on JOD (if they don't offer a loaner). Then, I have to wait until all existing customers that still have the Note7 get their replacements first before I can repurchase.

2. I hang onto my Note7 until the replacements come in. I walk into the store, hand them for firestarter, then leave without signing a new JOD and getting no refund whatsoever. So, it would be treated more like a warranty replacement.

Is this understanding accurate? It's hard to even ask this question because so many people are getting different information.
    Yes.
    09-08-2016 06:14 PM
    Yea, that is the same reply I got last week. I asked again today and no time frame, and then I go on Samsung chat and they tell me next week carriers should be getting the Note for me to exchange.

For the ones who want to swap, will they extend the sept 30th deadline though if the store runs out or don't have them in yet? That is what I worry about. The stores around here don't get many and Sept 30th hits. If I return it now then I can't buy it until it goes on sale. I'd be fuming if that happened and its' Oct 1 and I'm stuck with a $930 brick. I'd be calling all the local news stations about it.
    Deadlines are based on initial estimates of when Samsung projected to have new stock. I'm sure they will change of stock levels fall and everyone can't be accommodated.
    09-08-2016 06:16 PM
    All my Samsung phones come with the apps already there. If you set it up without the SIM in, they still are there.
    Same here.
    09-08-2016 06:22 PM

Reps aren't going to tell you specific time, this is just like the pre-orders.

You will be able to trade in, just like they originally said.
    09-08-2016 06:25 PM
    The different estimated dates being given convince me this is going to be a roll out. Don't expect 2.5 million devices to suddenly show up at retailers. Instead they'll roll them out as they're ready in small batches every week.
    09-08-2016 06:34 PM
    Samsung hasn't changed their timetable yet. Only carriers are giving different times.
    09-08-2016 06:39 PM
    I checked today out of curiosity -- still waiting.
    09-08-2016 06:48 PM
    I asked Tmobile this morning when they will be getting the new phones and they don't know yet. I went on Samsung's live chat and they said starting next week!
    i heard next week as well from Verizon
    09-08-2016 06:50 PM
    I've been giving Samsung the benefit of the doubt, but only because I love this phone. If this drags on another 2-3 weeks before I get a replacement I will not be too happy.
    09-08-2016 06:52 PM
    My guess is we are likely to see them released in South Korea first since they were released there originally before here.
    09-08-2016 06:53 PM
    I swapped my Note7 for the S7 yesterday at a Tmobile store. I had to go to 3 diffevent stores because the first two had no clue what was happening with the recall. The first store told us to call Samsung and exchange it through themy. We called Samsung only to be told that we would have to exchange the phones through our carrier, but that they would be shipping replacement phones Tuesday after labor day.

At that point we decided to hold on to the Note but then on Wednesday my phone started heating up while I tried to charge it and it also had serious data problems. My husband's Note was fine but we didn't want to risk it.

After several conversations with both the twitter help and costumer service on the phone we were able to locate a store in the area that knew what was happening.

We had to take back the phone in the box with all the accessories and they processed the return and refunded us the down-payment and taxes. They didn't have any S7 edge so we exchanged then for S7. We were told that T mobile will be waiving the restock fee and the 14 period for Note 7 owners that took the exchange.

There is a note on our file that we are Note7 owners and we can go and exchange the S7 as soon as they have the replacements. I even made the supervisor put in a note that I had a blue Note7, not sure if it will help me secure a blue replacement but I had to at least try.

I hope the replacements are out soon because I do not like the S7. I have been using the line since the Note4 and I am having done serious withdrawals.
    09-08-2016 07:00 PM
    I swapped my Note7 for the S7 yesterday at a Tmobile store. I had to go to 3 diffevent stores because the first two had no clue what was happening with the recall. The first store told us to call Samsung and exchange it through themy. We called Samsung only to be told that e would have to exchange the phones through our carrier, but that they world be shipping replacement phones Tuesday after labor day.

At that point we decided to hold on to the Note but then on Wednesday my phone started heating up will I tried to charge it and it also had serious data problems. My husband's Note was fine but we didn't want to risk.

After several conversations with both the twitter help and costumer service on the phone we were able to locate a site in the area that knew what was happening.

We had to take back the phone in the box with all the accessories and they preceded the return and refunded us the down-payment and taxes. They didn't have any S7 edge sof we exchanged then fir S7. We were told that T mobile will be waiving the restock fee and the 14 period for Note 7 perverts that took the exchange.

There is a note on our file that we are Note7 owners and we can go and exchange the S7 as soon as they have the replacements. I even made the supervisor put in a note that I had a blue Note7, not sure if it will help me secure a blue replacement but I had to at least try.

I hope the replacementsame are out soon because I do not like the S7. I have been using the line since the Note4 aND I am having done serious withdrawals.
    See this is crap. Everyone is getting different answers on all of this. I just got done speaking with T force on twitter. I started jump on demand with the Note 7. They told me to go and turn in my device now as it has been heating up and gets hot, but if I go and get a S7 or S7 edge and then switch to the Note 7 later, it will use up 2 of my 3 Jumps. Leaving me with only one more jump for 12 months.
    zmann likes this.
    09-08-2016 07:14 PM
    See this is crap. Everyone is getting different answers on all of this. I just got done speaking with T force on twitter. I started jump on demand with the Note 7. They told me to go and turn in my device now as it has been heating up and gets hot, but if I go and get a S7 or S7 edge and then switch to the Note 7 later, it will use up 2 of my 3 Jumps. Leaving me with only one more jump for 12 months.
    Other than not being overly concerned about the battery issue, this is exactly my other problem. I'm not burning 2 jumps out of an abundance of caution and I'm not buying a backup phone just in case either.
    09-08-2016 07:20 PM
    The guys at my sprint corporate store have been there a long time. I've gotten my last 4 phones from the same dude and last Saturday he told me to just come in on Friday and swap, which means tomorrow. Easy as 1,2,3. Called him again yesterday and he said just come in on Friday, we will have new phones.
    09-08-2016 07:23 PM
    The guys at my sprint corporate store have been there a long time. I've gotten my last 4 phones from the same dude and last Saturday he told me to just come in on Friday and swap, which means tomorrow. Easy as 1,2,3. Called him again yesterday and he said just come in on Friday, we will have new phones.
    You mean Friday, tomorrow, or next Friday? T mobile just told me they still have gotten nothing from Samsung and it will be 2-4 weeks...
    09-08-2016 07:24 PM
    You mean Friday, tomorrow, or next Friday? T mobile just told me they still have gotten nothing from Samsung and it will be 2-4 weeks...
    My post clearly says "which means tomorrow". Unless something changed with my store in the last 2 days I will be swapping tomorrow.
    09-08-2016 07:30 PM
    It's already been stated not to take any of those dates as fact until it's confirmed by Samsung.
    09-08-2016 07:40 PM
    Today I took my Note 7 underwater and got some really great pictures, and I even charged it while I was in my car, YIKES!!! Lol, I know, I'm probably just asking for trouble, but hey I'm just glad I'm not freaking out as much as some of y'all are

Seriously guys, its all gonna be okay, they will get the new N7's in when they get them in, and everyone that still has their N7's (like me) will be able to go in and get them swapped out, whether its before or after the 30th.
    zmann, angelh0809, ELAkid and 1 others like this.
    09-08-2016 09:22 PM
    Why isn't anyone really giving any clear dates? Even Samsung won't. You ask 10 different people at the carriers ans Samsung and you will get 10 different answers. So annoying. I would like another Note 7 but also don't want to have to wait possibly up until a month for it. At least give us a more general idea. IMO maybe they don't want us jumping to Iphone which is why Samsung isn't saying much about the wait times.
    09-08-2016 09:31 PM
    The only thing im worry about is that the sales greedy on commissions. I dont think they will reserve all those Note 7 they receive for people who did a replacement but instead they will rather sell it to someone whose actually looking for one. It will be first come firat serve basis either new owner or not.
    Nygiants1991 likes this.
    09-08-2016 09:41 PM
    Not home.. Don't have my original charger... using some random charger I found at my girlfriends house with the micro usb to use 2.0 adapter. Am i a rebel yet?

But on a serious note... should I monitor it for overheating or does the battery jus spontaneously combust like a spark would do to gas?
    09-08-2016 09:54 PM
    The only thing im worry about is that the sales greedy on commissions. I dont think they will reserve all those Note 7 they receive for people who did a replacement but instead they will rather sell it to someone whose actually looking for one. It will be first come firat serve basis either new owner or not.
    I don't think that's going to happen. There's going to be legal consequences if they do that.
    09-08-2016 10:09 PM
    I don't think that's going to happen. There's going to be legal consequences if they do that.
    Plus, is demand really going to be that high at the beginning after explosion-gate?
    09-08-2016 10:10 PM
    Plus, is demand really going to be that high at the beginning after explosion-gate?
    Explosions and new iPhone out I say the sales will be in the toilet.... But great for me cause I don't have to fight to get my replacement
    09-08-2016 10:11 PM
2,848 ... 1819202122 ...