10-12-2016 12:45 PM
2,848 ... 2021222324 ...
tools
    What is it with people and lining up for hours to buy the latest Ipad or Iphone? Why don' t you see that with the Galaxy series? It would be funny if each store only gets like 4 Iphone 7 Pluses like they did with Notes and you have 20 people lined up lol all night at the tmobile stores only to be left out.

When I asked a week ago Tmobile said we could likely send them in and swap them out. So much easier to do that than deal with the morons at the stores. I agree about Tmobile being so slow. Even just buying a case one time took the worker almost 10 minutes one time because of their computer they claimed. Wal-mart is faster. They have self checkout lines which I get in and out quick.
    Those people around crazy. I don't have the time to waste to stand outside of a store for hours to get a phone. Some people even put tents out the night before. Smh.
    09-09-2016 10:16 AM

So on the Sammyhub it says that replacement are already underway.
    09-09-2016 10:22 AM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...7bf1570b2e.jpg

That could mean anything. Could mean they are still making them and haven't shipped any out and we have to wait another month for them. I wouldn't get excited over this...
    09-09-2016 10:26 AM
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...7bf1570b2e.jpg

Still pretty vague. It could be they're shipping them to carriers right now.
    09-09-2016 10:26 AM
    That could mean a lot of things. They're not giving any useful information. I'm sure in a week or 2 we will get notifications to go get them. Until then it's a guessing game.
    09-09-2016 10:30 AM
    That could mean anything. Could mean they are still making them and haven't shipped any out and we have to wait another month for them. I wouldn't get excited over this...
    Samsung Global said "within the next two weeks" and they haven't changed that statement.

I'm sure if it is going to be something outside of that, Samsung will announce it.
    09-09-2016 10:30 AM
    Called several of my local stores, they all said at least two weeks for replacement stock.
    09-09-2016 10:38 AM
    Called several of my local stores, they all said at least two weeks for replacement stock.
    Problem is, they don't even know that, they are just giving an answer. They don't even know what stock they are getting for releases until it comes.
    09-09-2016 10:40 AM
    Australia is starting to replace on Sept 21 thats official from Samsung today
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-09-2016 10:41 AM
    Australia is starting to replace on Sept 21 thats official from Samsung today
    IIRC, Australia released the first of August also. I had said a while back I suspected they would probably release the new ones in the order of the original release, which would make sense due to all being recalled.
    09-09-2016 10:50 AM
    09-09-2016 10:53 AM
    And Samsung has said today they are expediting US exchanges.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/samsun...133134522.html
    09-09-2016 10:55 AM
    And Samsung has said today they are expediting US exchanges.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/samsun...133134522.html
    Great. I hope that means in a week or so we will have them.
    09-09-2016 10:56 AM
    Only takes 24 hours or less to get here from Asia.

With the pre-orders, some had the phone in their hands, one week after manufacture date. Some of that time was sitting waiting to ship out from FedEx and UPS.
    09-09-2016 11:00 AM
    Just returned my Note 7 at my local Tmo store, which is where I placed the order. They wouldn't refund me the $20 "processing fee", or whatever it is called, which is the extra fee for ordering it at the store. I demanded they credit that amount to my next bill and they gave in. Just a tip. I was p*ssed because of all this aggravation, and they weren't going to fight me on it too much. I probably could have gotten it credited back to my CC if I pushed it, but I can wait to save the $20 on my next bill.

The process took about 30 minutes, so plan your time accordingly. They had to do a lot of typing into their computer.
    09-09-2016 11:47 AM
    Just returned my Note 7 at my local Tmo store, which is where I placed the order. They wouldn't refund me the $20 "processing fee", or whatever it is called, which is the extra fee for ordering it at the store. I demanded they credit that amount to my next bill and they gave in. Just a tip. I was p*ssed because of all this aggravation, and they weren't going to fight me on it too much. I probably could have gotten it credited back to my CC if I pushed it, but I can wait to save the $20 on my next bill.

The process took about 30 minutes, so plan your time accordingly. They had to do a lot of typing into their computer.
    Wait, you return the device and they won't refund that $20 when there is a RECALL of the device? I'd be one pissed mofo. I'd call corporate and possibly even atty generals office on that BS. They clearly say a refund on everything in their message.

If there is a shortage and they have to order me a replacement device when they also charge $20 too? The hell they will with me!
    09-09-2016 12:04 PM
    Wait, you return the device and they won't refund that $20 when there is a RECALL of the device? I'd be one pissed mofo. I'd call corporate and possibly even atty generals office on that BS. They clearly say a refund on everything in their message.

If there is a shortage and they have to order me a replacement device when they also charge $20 too? The hell they will with me!
    On their website it's now charging the $69.99 upfront down payment
    09-09-2016 12:05 PM

Or usually customer care will credit it.
    09-09-2016 12:06 PM
    Wait, in order to swap out your device you must pay a down payment now? If they want me doing this, the device is being returned then. I'll order through samsung when they get them back in and roll the dice with it then or get the Iphone at the apple store.
    09-09-2016 12:08 PM
    It was $69.99 originally and they dropped that during pre-orders. That isn't a charge though like the $20. That comes off the price of your phone.
    09-09-2016 12:10 PM
    Wait, in order to swap out your device you must pay a down payment now? If they want me doing this, the device is being returned then. I'll order through samsung when they get them back in and roll the dice with it then or get the Iphone at the apple store.
    Blues .. calm down. That is the down payment for PURCHASING it .. not replacing. They aren't going to have a replacement/exchange in the store. That wouldn't make sense.
    09-09-2016 12:12 PM
    It was $69.99 originally and they dropped that during pre-orders. That isn't a charge though like the $20. That comes off the price of your phone.
    It's on their website and we all have to return devices and re buy at time of replacement
    09-09-2016 12:12 PM
    Blues .. calm down. That is the down payment for PURCHASING it .. not replacing. They aren't going to have a replacement/exchange in the store. That wouldn't make sense.
    We have to re buy our devices
    09-09-2016 12:14 PM
    We have to re buy our devices
    You're not rebuying it when exchanging it for a replacement that doesn't have to the defect. You would only need to repurchase it if you fully refunded it. That would make sense then .. no different than when you first purchased it.
    09-09-2016 12:15 PM
    It's on their website and we all have to return devices and re buy at time of replacement
    I pay in full for my phone so I didn't put a downpayment when I ordered it. So if I keep my device, choose to swap it out, they will have to refund my card which might take a week to go back on, and recharge my card again? That is so stupid. I've worked a number of retail jobs and never did exchanges like this including with computers.
    09-09-2016 12:16 PM
2,848 ... 2021222324 ...