10-12-2016 12:45 PM
2,848 ... 2122232425 ...
tools
    We have to re buy our devices
    It's on their website and we all have to return devices and re buy at time of replacement
    I didn't have to pay it when I ordered because I did Jump on Demand.

If you paid the $69.99 down when you bought it, you will get it back and pay it again.

If you didn't pay it to begin with, you still get it back because it comes off the cost of the phone.
    09-09-2016 12:16 PM
    You're not rebuying it when exchanging it for a replacement that doesn't have to the defect. You would only need to repurchase it if you fully refunded it. That would make sense then .. no different than when you first purchased it.
    That is the process refund the total transaction then re Buy. Ask Twitter T-Mobile T-force
    I pay in full for my phone so I didn't put a downpayment when I ordered it. So if I keep my device, choose to swap it out, they will have to refund my card which might take a week to go back on, and recharge my card again? That is so stupid. I've worked a number of retail jobs and never did exchanges like this including with computers.
    They aren't doing that. They will just do an exchange.

We have been working closely with Samsung to finalize details of their exchange program for the Note7, and we want to make sure T-Mobile customers are taken care of. Customers now have two options:
    As we announced earlier this morning, customers can return the Note7 to T-Mobile for a full, complete refund of anything paid for the device and any Note7 accessories. We’ll waive any restocking charges and shipping fees, and customers can keep the free Netflix subscription and Gear Fit or SD card they received with purchase during pre-order. Customers have the option to use their refund to choose any device in T-Moble’s stores.
    As soon as we have inventory from Samsung, customers can exchange their current Galaxy Note7 for a new Galaxy Note7, and we will notify customers as soon as we have inventory available.
    Source: https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-a...te7-update.htm
    Wait, in order to swap out your device you must pay a down payment now? If they want me doing this, the device is being returned then. I'll order through samsung when they get them back in and roll the dice with it then or get the Iphone at the apple store.
    Your posts straight up crack me up lol. I'm convinced you have to be writing these as a joke at this point
    That is the process refund the total transaction then re Buy. Ask Twitter T-Mobile T-force
    See here - https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-a...te7-update.htm.
    09-09-2016 12:17 PM
    I pay in full for my phone so I didn't put a downpayment when I ordered it. So if I keep my device, choose to swap it out, they will have to refund my card which might take a week to go back on, and recharge my card again? That is so stupid. I've worked a number of retail jobs and never did exchanges like this including with computers.
    Just reach out to T-force don't only take my word
    09-09-2016 12:17 PM
    They aren't doing that. They will just do an exchange.

Source: https://newsroom.t-mobile.com/news-a...te7-update.htm
    That's old news. Ask them now don't just take my word for it
    09-09-2016 12:19 PM
    Your posts straight up crack me up lol. I'm convinced you have to be writing these as a joke at this point
    I'm pissed to. Just go ask T-Mobile T-force
    09-09-2016 12:20 PM
    For clarification purposes....

We have been working closely with Samsung to finalize details of their exchange program for the Note7, and we want to make sure T-Mobile customers are taken care of. Customers now have two options:
    1. As we announced earlier this morning, customers can return the Note7 to T-Mobile for a full, complete refund of anything paid for the device and any Note7 accessories. We’ll waive any restocking charges and shipping fees, and customers can keep the free Netflix subscription and Gear Fit or SD card they received with purchase during pre-order. Customers have the option to use their refund to choose any device in T-Moble’s stores.
    2. As soon as we have inventory from Samsung, customers can exchange their current Galaxy Note7 for a new Galaxy Note7, and we will notify customers as soon as we have inventory available.
    Either return for a full refund and do whatever you want... or hold on to it and swap it out for a new one when available. Two different paths. But option #2 doesn't involve option #1.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-09-2016 12:21 PM
    You will not pay more, the price is the same. If you pay $69.99 down your monthly payment is a little lower. My monthly payment was higher because they stopped charging JOD a down payment.

That is the key, it is a down payment, which comes off the total price, not a fee.

If something costs $100 and you finance it for 5 months and pay nothing down, your payment is $20 a month.

If you pay $12 down, then you finance only $88 and not $100. Your payments are then $17.60 for 5 months.

The price is still the same, your monthly payment will be lower if you pay something down.
    09-09-2016 12:22 PM
    For clarification purposes....

Either return for a full refund and do whatever you want... or hold on to it and swap it out for a new one when available. Two different paths. But option #2 doesn't involve option #1.
    Nope as of yesterday only 1 option ask for yourself and my brother works there
    That's old news. Ask them now don't just take my word for it
    I will go on what is written there rather than some random rep on "T-Force". They wouldn't give an option 2 to exchange if we had to return / rebuy. It would just be as simple as .. "Go return then rebuy once it is out".

They also wouldn't have this site still live if that T-Force rep was correct but .. it still is. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=z1BE105e
    You will not pay more, the price is the same. If you pay $69.99 down your monthly payment is a little lower. My monthly payment was higher because the stopped charging JOD a down payment.

That is the key, it is a down payment, which comes off the total price, not a fee.

If something costs $100 and you finance it for 5 months and pay nothing down, your payment is $20 a month.

If you pay $12 down, then you finance only $88 and not $100. Your payments are then $17.60 for 5 months.

The price is still the same, your monthly payment will be lower if you pay something down.
    I did JOD and I hope not to pay that i didn't have to before
    09-09-2016 12:23 PM
    I will go on what is written there rather than some random rep on "T-Force". They wouldn't give an option 2 to exchange if we had to return / rebuy. It would just be as simple as .. "Go return then rebuy once it is out".

They also wouldn't have this site still live if that T-Force rep was correct but .. it still is. https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=58AD5O7a
    I talked to several supervisor because I thought this was an injustice and stupid once my brother told me. Started yesterday
    09-09-2016 12:25 PM
    I did JOD and I hope not to pay that i didn't have to before
    You will be exchanging. If you pay a down payment this time, your monthly payment will be lower. Basically you won't be financing most of the tax. Your total amount paid will be the same.

This isn't a fee, it is a down payment and that is subtracted from the total price. That is how all down payments work in everything. Just like a house.. You make a down payment and you borrow that much less from the bank.
    09-09-2016 12:30 PM
    Okay I'm confused now between what people are saying. So if we hold onto our Note devices when we go to get a new one they will refund the card, and then have us pay for it again?
    09-09-2016 12:31 PM
    To me, the exchange is basically like a warranty replacement. You don't repurchase. You take your old one in, plop your SIM into the new one, they update your account and off you go. That's what makes sense to me. If it doesn't go down that way, that's another story.
    IF you already returned yours, you are repurchasing.
    09-09-2016 12:34 PM
    Okay I'm confused now between what people are saying. So if we hold onto our Note devices when we go to get a new one they will refund the card, and then have us pay for it again?
    We don't know for sure Blues. If they do that they will refund your card and then charge it again. My guess is they are just doing an exchange. That is less work on them, especially dealing with credit card fees that businesses pay.
    09-09-2016 12:35 PM
    We don't know for sure Blues. If they do that they will refund your card and then charge it again. My guess is they are just doing an exchange. That is less work on them, especially dealing with credit card fees that businesses pay.
    If they charge your card again it takes 7-10 days for the original refund to show. Really gives no incentive to hold onto the devices anymore then. They probably want people returning them so they can buy Iphones.
    09-09-2016 12:37 PM
    I just returned my device this morning. It's basically a cluster. They have a paper that gives them all the steps necessary to complete the process, and most of the steps assume that the customer has an EIP. I bought mine outright. They refunded the entire amount. From what i was told, the exchange would be handled just like any other exchange, but I don't think they are refunding your card and then recharging the new device. It's an even swap. But who knows, it's T-Mobile, so the entire process could have been changed since I left the store 2 hours ago. By the way, I was there for 1 hour and 20 minutes for just a return. I can't wait to see what it's like once they get devices in.
    09-09-2016 12:38 PM
    If they charge your card again it takes 7-10 days for the original refund to show. Really gives no incentive to hold onto the devices anymore then. They probably want people returning them so they can buy Iphones.
    I do returns and rebuy something at a different price even, on credit card, all the time and it is done immediately, they do one ticket with two transactions.

Trust me Blues, they know how to do refunds of that is what they choose, which I doubt they will. In fact if I remember correctly, TMO actually used the words "exchange". BUT.. If they refund and you buy again and it doesn't cost you more and you walk out with your new phone, what is the problem?
    09-09-2016 12:46 PM
    We have to re buy our devices
    This completely 100% false. Don't make a statement and present is a factual when you have absolutely no idea.
    MarqBland likes this.
    09-09-2016 12:46 PM
    I just returned my device this morning. It's basically a cluster****. They have a paper that gives them all the steps necessary to complete the process, and most of the steps assume that the customer has an EIP. I bought mine outright. They refunded the entire amount. From what i was told, the exchange would be handled just like any other exchange, but I don't think they are refunding your card and then recharging the new device. It's an even swap. But who knows, it's T-Mobile, so the entire process could have been changed since I left the store 2 hours ago. By the way, I was there for 1 hour and 20 minutes for just a return. I can't wait to see what it's like once they get devices in.
    By logic you would make the even swap quick by doing a simple even exchange. I agree Tmobile is a cluster in general whenever I purchase something it turns into an long ordeal even for buying a case it took 10 minutes one time. Every time I've gone to the stores it takes over an hour. I don't understand why they make the process so confusing. If you pay in whole like I do just refund the amount. I don't have a JOD account. I just pay outright in full. It really isn't that hard. When paying in full it should be just like returning anything at Home Depot or Wal-mart, not some hour long bs.
    09-09-2016 12:47 PM
    I'm sure they are doing this the easiest way. They have to override restocking fees and return dates.

I'm sure they are making this as easy as possible and not just doing it on a way that is going to require them more time, just for the heck of it.

This is all new, it isn't just TMO, other carriers have issues too. Also with every carrier, there have been different experiences at different stores. I'm sure TMO and all carriers are doing this the easiest way possible. They don't want to create extra work for themselves unnecessarily. They do not have a previous situation to draw experience on, this is unprecedented.
    09-09-2016 12:51 PM
    This completely 100% false. Don't make a statement and present is a factual when you have absolutely no idea.
    Oh ok I don't. My brother doesn't work there and 2 supervisors didn't tell me. You get the facts and ask for yourself. Don't be scared just ask the simple question don't take my word for it
    09-09-2016 12:51 PM
2,848 ... 2122232425 ...