10-12-2016 12:45 PM
2,848 ... 2324252627 ...
tools
    Just heard in another forum that Samsung is saying they will be available for exchange by end of this week. (Their end of week is Sunday) Anyone else hear anything?
    Someone on the Best Buy thread said their Best Buy told them to come tomorrow to exchange their Note 7. Of course the BB Rep could have been wrong, but telling customers to come in on a certain day to exchange them for the new Note 7, you would think that would be confirmed information.
    09-09-2016 03:53 PM
    Hope so. If true IMO more like Tue or Wed of next week by the time stores start to get them. I'm seriously considering the jump to Iphone 7 plus if this BS keeps dragging out.
    There isn't BS Blues. Samsung said last Friday, within two weeks. Today is one week.
    09-09-2016 03:54 PM
    US GOvt getting involved

Will be official recall

https://www.engadget.com/2016/09/09/...source=Twitter
    09-09-2016 03:55 PM
    I don't know what this means but I pulled it directly from T-Mobiles website. I don't have a note 7 but I have being staying up to date on what's going on because my wife does.

Don't know if this is for replacements due to the recall or when it will go back on sale officially.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...0cdd4f61cf.jpg
    That should be for new orders and shipping dates when not in stock are estimates. It was the same with pre-orders a a then people would order dates would change back and forth and people that ordered a few days before shipping, shipped the same time as people that ordered just minutes after pre-orders started.
    09-09-2016 03:58 PM
    That should be for new orders and shipping dates when not in stock are estimates. It was the same with pre-orders a a then people would order dates would change back and forth and people that ordered a few days before shipping, shipped the same time as people that ordered just minutes after pre-orders started.
    Got it, my wife DOES NOT want to let her note go but it looks like she may have no choice.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-09-2016 03:59 PM
    If you read what the CPSC just said they are not even sure the new units will be ok to sell

Has gone from bad to worse rather quickly
    09-09-2016 04:01 PM
    If you read what the CPSC just said they are not even sure the new units will be ok to sell

Sheesh, don't j ow what she is gonna do, she has no desire to get anything else.
    Ashley03cali and athenatp like this.
    09-09-2016 04:02 PM
    US GOvt getting involved

Will be official recall

Interesting.
    Wonder if that means... We are gonna have to wait longer now?
    09-09-2016 04:06 PM
    Interesting.
    Basically now know one should be thinking of keeping any old Note 7's

I would even bet samsung and carriers will block all IMEI of the defective phones.
    09-09-2016 04:09 PM
    my coworker who ordered directly from samsung.com just got his phone today... This leads me to think that the new units will start trickling in as I'm sure this is from the new batches. It also leads me to think that s Samsung knew about this much earlier than we thought
    09-09-2016 04:10 PM
    Basically now know one should be thinking of keeping any old Note 7's

I would even bet samsung and carriers will block all IMEI of the defective phones.
    Well. Highly doubt the blocking of all imei. That's like getting all the Polaris ranger recall and having a random guy go to their house and towing them out. Just saying.
    09-09-2016 04:13 PM
    my coworker who ordered directly from samsung.com just got his phone today... This leads me to think that the new units will start trickling in as I'm sure this is from the new batches. It also leads me to think that s Samsung knew about this much earlier than we thought
    Hey can u ask if the box by the bar code has a black square and a sticker with a letter S on it?.
    True_RL likes this.
    09-09-2016 04:14 PM
    Just on my local news here in Florida Note catches fire in persons pocket at a Costco.

Person injured taken to hospital.

Holy Crap this is 2 miles down the road from me.

I think this is wayyyyyyy worse then we all know
    09-09-2016 04:15 PM
    I just returned my device this morning. It's basically a cluster. They have a paper that gives them all the steps necessary to complete the process, and most of the steps assume that the customer has an EIP. I bought mine outright. They refunded the entire amount. From what i was told, the exchange would be handled just like any other exchange, but I don't think they are refunding your card and then recharging the new device. It's an even swap. But who knows, it's T-Mobile, so the entire process could have been changed since I left the store 2 hours ago. By the way, I was there for 1 hour and 20 minutes for just a return. I can't wait to see what it's like once they get devices in.
    Yea took about 30 minutes for them to do mine. They have to do some weird math to recalculate the sales tax "stupid". They ended up shorting me about $5.40 cents and told me the sales tax online is different than our city. So they gave me a $5 bill credit and I kept the headphones.
    09-09-2016 04:17 PM
    Hey can u ask if the box by the bar code has a black square and a sticker with a letter S on it?.
    Nope don't see any of that... His production date is 8/18
    09-09-2016 04:20 PM
    Nope don't see any of that... His production date is 8/18
    Well that's the recalled one. Weird they shipped that
    09-09-2016 04:22 PM
    US GOvt getting involved

Will be official recall

Hopefully they get the exchanges done before the government gets involved. The only good thing about this would be, I believe Samsung will have to do exchanges for people that bought the phone feom eBay, Swappa or am individual or maybe got it trading with someone.
    09-09-2016 04:23 PM

That was my comment from the beginning about the government getting involved. It could slow down the exchange process.
    09-09-2016 04:24 PM
    Samsung has just said CPSC MUST APPROVE THE NEW DEVICE

Guys i have a feeling we will not be seeing the new Note 7 anytime soon.
    09-09-2016 04:24 PM
    Yup

and now CPSC says they must approve the new device
    09-09-2016 04:25 PM
    Yup

and now CPSC says they must approve the new device
    Wtf. Now what happens? I don't really like Apple but I might consider it. I might also consider switching to the S7 Edge.
    09-09-2016 04:27 PM
    This is from my local new station;

I think this is a much more widespread problem then we all think

This just happened this afternoon

Person hospitalized after cell phone catches fire
    09-09-2016 04:29 PM
    I don't know what this means but I pulled it directly from T-Mobiles website. I don't have a note 7 but I have being staying up to date on what's going on because my wife does.

Don't know if this is for replacements due to the recall or when it will go back on sale officially.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...0cdd4f61cf.jpg
    Yea I posted a thread about that this morning.
    09-09-2016 04:29 PM
    You sure you talked to a T-Force supervisor? They generally have to call you back and many work from home. Seems odd that Samsung would tell them that when Samsung is doing refund or exchange.

But none the less, that seems like an exchange, no matter how they are processing it in their system with your Jump reset. For people that do a Jump, JOD or EIP, they might have to fool the system to get the upgrade date back and to not burn an upgrade. There is also the issue of people that haven't turned in their device yet. The have to correct that because it is more than a date since the upgrade closes out the previous device and it isn't paid for yet. Their system might require an exchange so it does reset the upgrade.

Glad you got that clarified and no one will be hit with paying something out of pocket they didn't expect.
    Of course I'm sure it was T-force I had been bugging them with inbox or direct messages on Facebook and Twitter and just message them both to have a Supervisor call me it'll one of the sources did my wishes. I threatened to leave for Sprint. And they called me to my cell. Refund and repurchase is the official process!!!!!
    09-09-2016 04:32 PM
    Of course I'm sure it was T-force I had been bugging them with inbox or direct messages on Facebook and Twitter and just message them both to have a Supervisor call me it'll one of the sources did my wishes. I threatened to leave for Sprint. And they called me to my cell. Refund and repurchase is the official process!!!!!
    Well now that it looks like replacements won't be out for awhile I'll go ahead and return it and order the Iphone 7 Plus next week then unless some break news comes in and I hear we are getting replacements still.
    09-09-2016 04:34 PM
2,848 ... 2324252627 ...