10-12-2016 12:45 PM
2,848 12345 ...
tools
    Blues, Samsung will be releasing more info. No reason to bug the reps for info right now.

They will update the site and statement.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    09-02-2016 09:27 PM
    Well this is all good for me since I have scratches on mine already. Now I can rock my current without a screen protector 😉... that's the one thing I'm wondering about I know they're going to swap the batteries in the units we send back but wouldn't they also have to replace all the glass as I'm sure almost everyone have Micro scratches on their units???
    09-02-2016 09:52 PM
    Well this is all good for me since I have scratches on mine already. Now I can rock my current without a screen protector 😉... that's the one thing I'm wondering about I know they're going to swap the batteries in the units we send back but wouldn't they also have to replace all the glass as I'm sure almost everyone have Micro scratches on their units???
    I'm not sure Samsung has a use for a bunch of refurbs.
    09-02-2016 09:56 PM
    I'm not sure Samsung has a use for a bunch of refurbs.
    I'm just saying that on top of replacing all the batteries they will have to replace all of the glass and even some of the outer Metal Frames because some are scratched and they won't be able to sell them as a new device again with cosmetic defects
    09-02-2016 10:08 PM
    I'm just saying that on top of replacing all the batteries they will have to replace all of the glass and even some of the outer Metal Frames because some are scratched and they won't be able to sell them as a new device again with cosmetic defects
    They can't sell them as new again. That phone has been sold and registered. It can't be sold as a new device again.

I think the most they will do is use parts if they do. I doubt we will ever see these phones on the market, they were recalled downs safety issue. Not a good thing to deal with for years.
    09-02-2016 10:10 PM
    They wouldn't be able to sell any used phone as new, no matter what condition it's in. Once the box is opened, that's it. It's no longer new.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-02-2016 10:11 PM
    They wouldn't be able to sell any used phone as new, no matter what condition it's in. Once the box is opened, that's it. It's no longer new.
    They can't sell them as new again. That phone has been sold and registered. It can't be sold as a new device again.

I think the most they will do is use parts if they do. I doubt we will ever see these phones on the market, they were recalled downs safety issue. Not a good thing to deal with for years.
    Yeah I know... What I'm saying they would resell the internals after they reflashed the firmware and gave them new IMEI numbers.

I'm saying this because Samsung is only saying that they're going to swap the batteries out but they are going to have to do a lot more than that
    09-02-2016 10:14 PM
    Yeah I know... What I'm saying they would resell the internals after they reflashed the firmware and gave them new IMEI numbers.

I'm saying this because Samsung is only saying that they're going to swap the batteries out but they are going to have to do a lot more than that
    Who are they going to sell them too? They are theirs for their phones.

They aren't swapping out batteries.

Again, this is a safety recall. Doubt the problems of reusing phones recalled for safety is worth it to Samsung.
    anon(782252) likes this.
    09-02-2016 10:15 PM
    I had been having a really bad issue with my N7. Battery was fine until it got to 25-30%. Then, it would start draining 2-3% a minute while getting scorching hot. So hot that the phone would shut itself off when the battery got just below 10%.
    I talked to someone via Twitter Wednesday night, then went into a store yesterday. They ended up replacing my Note 7 with the very last Note 7 they had in stock. Only downfall is that it was blue, and I had black. I'd imagine this new phone falls under the recall as well (even though it seems unaffected). Hoping they'll let me switch it back for a black.
    Everyone I spoke with at T-Mobile was extremely helpful. After being with Verizon for 15 years, having a company that seems to care is a nice change of pace. Verizon probably would've just made me wait until the defective phone blew my ear off.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-02-2016 10:16 PM
    I had been having a really bad issue with my N7. Battery was fine until it got to 25-30%. Then, it would start draining 2-3% a minute while getting scorching hot. So hot that the phone would shut itself off when the battery got just below 10%.
    I talked to someone via Twitter Wednesday night, then went into a store yesterday. They ended up replacing my Note 7 with the very last Note 7 they had in stock. Only downfall is that it was blue, and I had black. I'd imagine this new phone falls under the recall as well (even though it seems unaffected). Hoping they'll let me switch it back for a black.
    Everyone I spoke with at T-Mobile was extremely helpful. After being with Verizon for 15 years, having a company that seems to care is a nice change of pace. Verizon probably would've just made me wait until the defective phone blew my ear off.
    So far I've seen other carriers say colors can be switched.
    09-02-2016 10:17 PM

I'm not saying it correctly so I apologize... But I agree with you

Another question I have is how is Samsung promising a few weeks turnaround time when it took them months to prepare the initial stock for launch?
    09-02-2016 10:18 PM

Again, this is a safety recall. Doubt the problems of reusing phones recalled for safety is worth it to Samsung.
    Yeah, good point. It wouldn't be worth it. And it might be more beneficial to them from a tax perspective to just write off the entire loss and move on.
    09-02-2016 10:20 PM
    I'm not saying it correctly so I apologize... But I agree with you

Another question I have is how is Samsung promising a few weeks turnaround time when it took them months to prepare the initial stock for launch?
    I think the returned phones will be trash.

Samsung is saying two weeks. They started back putting phones together for this the first of this week.

All sales are halted, with the new phones they had to just have batteries. Phones are manufactured on a specific day and in our hands in a week when they launch.
    09-02-2016 10:21 PM
    Wow. I've never had that bad of a problem with any of my phones before, but it does seem though starting with the S6 from my experiences the batteries on these things are a bit wonky. My s6 didn't get good battery life and that thing seemed to drain fast, then again we all know about the terrible battery life of the S6, my Note 5 had okay battery life but even that was so so and would drain fast, and the Note 7 my battery life is meh. I'm not seeing the super long life like all the reviews are claiming. It seems about the same as the S7. Bigger battery doesn't mean everything. These Note 7s have bigger screens, Always on, and Spen so the bigger battery is compensating for larger screens and such.

Since these phones don't have replaceable batteries I wish Samsung would put more research and development into finding ways to give us longer battery life.
    09-02-2016 10:28 PM
    Wow. I've never had that bad of a problem with any of my phones before, but it does seem though starting with the S6 from my experiences the batteries on these things are a bit wonky. My s6 didn't get good battery life and that thing seemed to drain fast, then again we all know about the terrible battery life of the S6, my Note 5 had okay battery life but even that was so so and would drain fast, and the Note 7 my battery life is meh. I'm not seeing the super long life like all the reviews are claiming. It seems about the same as the S7. Bigger battery doesn't mean everything. These Note 7s have bigger screens, Always on, and Spen so the bigger battery is compensating for larger screens and such.

Since these phones don't have replaceable batteries I wish Samsung would put more research and development into finding ways to give us longer battery life.
    I had the S6E+, Note 5, and S7 Edge prior to the Note 7. I'd agree that the battery life on the N5 and S7E seemed superior. To those that say the N7 is an S7E with a stylus...I wish it was lol.
    09-02-2016 10:32 PM
    Since these phones don't have replaceable batteries .
    ... I bet they are regretting that decision right now lol
    09-02-2016 10:32 PM
    09-02-2016 10:35 PM
    I have heard of a few other cases... Wonder if it is related to the same problem it is being recalled for
    09-02-2016 10:59 PM
    I think the returned phones will be trash.

Samsung is saying two weeks. They started back putting phones together for this the first of this week.

All sales are halted, with the new phones they had to just have batteries. Phones are manufactured on a specific day and in our hands in a week when they launch.
    They will fix them and use as warranty replacement or sell as refurbished
    debdroid1a likes this.
    09-02-2016 10:59 PM
    Just found out about this via Drippler...kinda pissed I found out through a third-party app yet I have Samsung Plus on my phone and haven't heard from T-mobile....my phone has been fine so far the only times it got super hot was when I tried to do data transfer using the adapter provided and a Samsung micro-usb cable.
    09-02-2016 11:05 PM
    I turned in my N5 to get the N7 with JOD, and so now I'm using my N2. The N7 is going to seems so super duper insanely fast when they get some non-exploding ones in stock and I can switch back. Cannot wait.
    I haven't turned my N5 in yet...I think it's due back the 5th or 6th I'm wondering if I can get that extended until the replacements come in case anything happens to my N7.
    09-02-2016 11:19 PM
    I like that Sprint is offering the opportunity to trade the phone for something else UNTIL they get the new Note 7s in stock, then you can go back to the Note 7. With T-Mobile, you either have to hang on to it for a couple weeks, or trade/return it and get something else, but they don't say if they'll let you exchange that for a new Note 7 when they're available.
    This was my issue, T-mo told me that if I take the N7 back and get an S7....... when the "new" N7 is available.... too bad. If I want one, I cannot just give back the S7 and get the Note back.
    09-02-2016 11:38 PM
    This was my issue, T-mo told me that if I take the N7 back and get an S7....... when the "new" N7 is available.... too bad. If I want one, I cannot just give back the S7 and get the Note back.
    That's BS. Even if it is an S7 edge you're still losing money on it since the Edge is cheaper now. It is just a couple weeks. Just hold onto your device and swap it for a new one or depending on how long before the V20 comes out if you're thinking about that phone. If the phone is working fine I wouldn't worry. If I was one of the people on here who have random crashes and battery going down to zero suddenly, then I'd brick it for the Edge if you need a phone that bad.
    09-03-2016 12:01 AM
    This is real frustrating, man.
    09-03-2016 12:24 AM
    I think I'll return to my S7 and see if the Note7's absence makes the heart grow fonder.
    crystinonfire and GBP87 like this.
    09-03-2016 12:27 AM
2,848 12345 ...