10-12-2016 12:45 PM
2,848 ... 2829303132 ...
tools
    Honestly I'd just go right now and swap it out for a Edge, I'm sure your store has them. They aren't exactly hard to get these days. Then you can just stop worrying. That's what I and others have decided to do today. It's not worth all of the Hassel for a phone that we all know at this point is dead in the water. It's reputation is ruined.
    This is probably the best advice. If after 2 weeks the Edge doesn't work for you, go back to the Note after this mess is hopefully over. In 2 or 3 weeks we should at least have some clarity on the Note situation. No need to drive yourself mad.
    09-10-2016 12:18 PM
    Honestly I'd just go right now and swap it out for a Edge, I'm sure your store has them. They aren't exactly hard to get these days. Then you can just stop worrying. That's what I and others have decided to do today. It's not worth all of the Hassel for a phone that we all know at this point is dead in the water. It's reputation is ruined.
    Do you think that the S7 Edge will get an update on the AOD similar to the Note 7? Apparently unless you use regular text messaging it won't notify you of WhatsApp messages or go SMS or tetra etc etc.
    09-10-2016 12:18 PM
    This is probably the best advice. If after 2 weeks the Edge doesn't work for you, go back to the Note after this mess is hopefully over. In 2 or 3 weeks we should at least have some clarity on the Note situation. No need to drive yourself mad.
    I still have my regular s7 I'm using so my situation isn't dire like some on here who only have a Note and end up having to use a POS loaner like J7 so I can hold off and just get the transaction done all at once at a tmobile store and walk out with the edge or worse case order one to my house.

Also I have to order a defender style case for it first. Tmobile doesn't sell the defender and Best buy 30 miles from me is the closest one who has it, or order a generic defender case off Amazon.
    09-10-2016 12:21 PM
    Do you think that the S7 Edge will get an update on the AOD similar to the Note 7? Apparently unless you use regular text messaging it won't notify you of WhatsApp messages or go SMS or tetra etc etc.
    Good point and why I want to try holding out a bit longer before getting an edge.
    09-10-2016 12:21 PM
    Yes, I believe that it will, at some point. I don't find that to be a huge deal though. I mean yeah its noticeable right away but I've had the Edge now for like, 2 hours and its fine now.
    09-10-2016 12:25 PM
    Yes, I believe that it will, at some point. I don't find that to be a huge deal though. I mean yeah its noticeable right away but I've had the Edge now for like, 2 hours and its fine now.
    Is it a huge difference between the edge and the Note 7? I never used the Spen on the Note 7.
    09-10-2016 12:27 PM
    I will say this though, my experience today was that it indeed had to be returned and then done as a repurchase - I had to give up my JOD because I was out of upgrades, so I got switched over to regular Jump - Not what I wanted but I was too tired to even care at that point. I did have to pay the tax on the Edge but I called TMO customer service and they were more than happy to just give me back that money as a bill credit - so that was a wash out. The lady at Tmobile gave me a free LED Wallet case AND fast wireless charger to compensate for my trouble, so that was cool. I still get to keep the Gear Fit 2 that I got with my Note, and now I was able to order a free 256 gig SD card ($200 value) with the new Samsung promotion they just stated for S7 and S7 Edge purchases.

So basically, I had to go from Note 7 to Edge 7 - basically its the same phone minus the S pen and USB C - I technically didn't pay anything and what I got out of the deal (for free) is a Fast Wireless Charger, LED Wallet Case, Gear Fit 2, and 256 gig SD card. That's more than fair for the trouble this situation caused.

So I mean, yeah, part of this has been a huge inconvenience, but I'm overall happy with the Edge 7 and I do feel like both Samsung and T-Mobile did everything that they could do to make this right. So I'm fine at this point.
    09-10-2016 12:29 PM
    Is it a huge difference between the edge and the Note 7? I never used the Spen on the Note 7.

I don't find it to be. I have already noticed that the battery life is definitely noticeably better on the Edge, believe it or not. Its a 5.5 inch screen vs a 5.7...hardly noticeable unless you're using both devices side by side. S Pen i never used anyway.
    09-10-2016 12:30 PM
    I don't find it to be. I have already noticed that the battery life is definitely noticeably better on the Edge, believe it or not.
    Bigger battery, smaller display. So yeah I experienced the same.
    09-10-2016 12:32 PM
    I don't find it to be. I have already noticed that the battery life is definitely noticeably better on the Edge, believe it or not. Its a 5.5 inch screen vs a 5.7...hardly noticeable unless you're using both devices side by side. S Pen i never used anyway.
    Hmm this is definitely something I might do then. Especially since the OtterBox defender case is out for this one. With the Note 7 I was really paranoid all the time because I couldn't use a decent protector for the screen and the cases they have seemed aesthetic than useful.
    09-10-2016 12:34 PM
    Fortunately, I never returned our Note5's. I popped my Note7 into mine this morning and it's good to go.
    I had to call Thursday to get them to stop billing my JOD for them. I told them we didn't return them yet due to the recall the prior week.
    09-10-2016 12:35 PM
    I will say this though, my experience today was that it indeed had to be returned and then done as a repurchase - I had to give up my JOD because I was out of upgrades, so I got switched over to regular Jump - Not what I wanted but I was too tired to even care at that point. I did have to pay the tax on the Edge but I called TMO customer service and they were more than happy to just give me back that money as a bill credit - so that was a wash out. The lady at Tmobile gave me a free LED Wallet case AND fast wireless charger to compensate for my trouble, so that was cool. I still get to keep the Gear Fit 2 that I got with my Note, and now I was able to order a free 256 gig SD card ($200 value) with the new Samsung promotion they just stated for S7 and S7 Edge purchases.

So basically, I had to go from Note 7 to Edge 7 - basically its the same phone minus the S pen and USB C - I technically didn't pay anything and what I got out of the deal (for free) is a Fast Wireless Charger, LED Wallet Case, Gear Fit 2, and 256 gig SD card. That's more than fair for the trouble this situation caused.

So I mean, yeah, part of this has been a huge inconvenience, but I'm overall happy with the Edge 7 and I do feel like both Samsung and T-Mobile did everything that they could do to make this right. So I'm fine at this point.
    Does tmobile store sell S7 edge Otterbox Defender case? They don't list it on their website. best buy 30 miles from only place I know of who does.
    09-10-2016 12:38 PM
    Does tmobile store sell S7 edge Otterbox Defender case? They don't list it on their website. best buy 30 miles from only place I know of who does.
    They don't. Best Buy is the only store I know that does.
    09-10-2016 12:39 PM
    They don't. Best Buy is the only store I know that does.
    Verizon lists it on their website I know. Not sure about att and sprint.
    09-10-2016 12:45 PM
    No, I didn't see them, but they did have a pretty decent selection of cases. They are definitely overpriced there, I only took it because they comped me for it (and thats definitely probably a store by store thing). You can price match with Amazon at Best Buy, I do it all the time and always get my stuff there at the Amazon price, which is always quite a bit lower. BB has a great price match policy.
    09-10-2016 12:45 PM

I hope that if I make the switch I get all of that free stuff.
    09-10-2016 12:49 PM
    No, I didn't see them, but they did have a pretty decent selection of cases. They are definitely overpriced there, I only took it because they comped me for it (and thats definitely probably a store by store thing). You can price match with Amazon at Best Buy, I do it all the time and always get my stuff there at the Amazon price, which is always quite a bit lower. BB has a great price match policy.
    Yep done that a number of times with Amazon with defender cases. If i have to drive 30 miles for it I'll just do it at the tmobile store down there if I decide to.
    09-10-2016 12:54 PM
    bad news Amazon now has removed the edge defender case. Before last week it had 1-2 month wait now it's gone. All the Best Buys within 120 miles here in FL don't have them as well. I remember someone said the Edge Defenders also had some production issues as well.

FML this Jinx just doesn't stop. At least there are generic similar one's on Amazon.
    09-10-2016 12:58 PM
    bad news Amazon now has removed the edge defender case. Before last week it had 1-2 month wait now it's gone. All the Best Buys within 120 miles here in FL don't have them as well. I remember someone said the Edge Defenders also had some production issues as well.

FML this Jinx just doesn't stop. At least there are generic similar one's on Amazon.
    I'm in Miami so there's a lot of stores around me. There's one about 10 miles from me that says they have it.
    09-10-2016 01:01 PM
    I'm in Miami so there's a lot of stores around me. There's one about 10 miles from me that says they have it.
    Found the link but Amazon has totally pulled it. if it was back ordered it would give a range of 1-2 months. Probably production issues. I heard a lot of complaints about the screen protector not being very sensitive.

https://www.amazon.com/OtterBox-DEFE...cUvbUpU5409060
    09-10-2016 01:03 PM

Just curious, how does a case like a defender work with an edge display.
    09-10-2016 01:03 PM
    That's pretty much the direction we are headed in, bud.
    Heading in -- possibly. We will see but I don't see them just blacklisting all the IMEI numbers.
    09-10-2016 01:09 PM

Well you seem to be OK with the turnout but I would definitely NOT let them change my plan no matter what unless I wanted them to. The person in store just took the easier way out. I'd be on the phone with CS and getting back on JOD.
    09-10-2016 01:12 PM
    I had to call a few stores to finally find one that has the S7 Edge in stock. The girl on the phone told me that apparently a lot of people have been returning the Note 7 for this phone.
    09-10-2016 01:14 PM
    Just curious, how does a case like a defender work with an edge display.
    You can go on youtube for reviews on it. All the stores around here don't carry it. Verizon, tmobile, sprint, etc. Closest ATT store is sarasota 40 miles away. I don't know what to do now. No decent cases to protect the edge display. The commuter is cheap and I don't like the flimsy material.
    09-10-2016 01:14 PM
2,848 ... 2829303132 ...