10-12-2016 12:45 PM
2,848 ... 3536373839 ...
tools
    I asked if I would just turn in the old Note 7 along with the loaner phone to my local store when the new Note 7 shows up and the rep confirmed this to be the case. I wouldn't be surprised if that information changes sometime between now and when the new Note 7 shows up.
    I was told the same thing as well. Bring them both in. Tmo will send me my new N7 and once I get that return the other two.
    09-11-2016 01:55 PM
    Sooooooo here's my experience so far:
    -Went to a T-Mobile store yesterday that is not the one I received my phone from. I was told I "have to go to the store that I received my phone at." The lady then rudely tells me that "I will have to use a JUMP in order to move to another phone." I try to explain to her what T-Mo officially sent out yesterday, but she isn't hearing it. As I'm walking out, a lady walks in w/ her Note 7 to exchange. The lady tells her she "has to call the customer care number, or use 611 as they cannot do in store exchanges." So I turn around, walk back up to the counter and ask the employee if thats true, then why send me across town to the store I received my phone at? Why not tell me that then? She says it "varies by store." The customer that came in after me gets irate pretty quickly, and the employee calls customer care. I leave, not sure how the rest of her experience went.

-I go to the store I received my phone from. The guy clearly acts clueluess about the whole thing. Says he "never heard of this", which I tell him that's his prerogative, but he's heard of it now. He says he has to call his manager, but if she does not answer, there's not much he can do because he does not have the authorization to handle this. I ask him what exactly he does have the authorization to handle? The manager answers, and relays that I cannot exchange in store, I have to exchange over the phone (I'm thinking the same number I'm seeing listed in the threads here). I then load up the webpage from T-Mo where in writing, it says to call, or exchange in store. The employee ends up giving me his phone to talk w/ his manager. She goes on to explain customers are being told one thing, the stores are being told another. Their store is not an "authorized" store, so the stock they carry is not affiliated w/ the main corporate end. I ask her if thats the case, then how can they sell T-Mobile phones in the first place? And why does it say T-Mobile on the store sign then? Sounds like the run-around to me, and basically your telling me to leave the store with a device that not only has Samsung recalled, but so has the US Government. She then plays dumb, just as the employee did, and says that this is the first they are hearing about it.

So, I left, and I'm debating on even calling this number to even attempt to try. What a complete mess. This is in the St. Louis area BTW.
    I'm sorry that happened to you I've gone through horrible luck at T-Mobile stores. A little hint if you go to T-Mobile's main website any stores with the magenta color dots are corporate stores. But it's confusing with T-Mobile corporate and non corporate stores.

I recommend calling 611 and talking to someone reliable and having them leave notes in your account. That's the reason why I was able to get a loaner yesterday and return my note 7.

Don't let any store let you walk out with the note 7 that's dangerous with no loaner for whatever bs reason. That's unacceptable.
    09-11-2016 01:57 PM
    I was told the same thing as well. Bring them both in. Tmo will send me my new N7 and once I get that return the other two.
    That is what they told me the first couple days Samsung issued recall. So we can still have a new one shipped to us and ship the old Note back? That would be so much easier than waiting in the store for hours.
    09-11-2016 01:58 PM
    -Went to a T-Mobile store yesterday that is not the one I received my phone from. I was told I "have to go to the store that I received my phone at." The lady then rudely tells me that "I will have to use a JUMP in order to move to another phone." I try to explain to her what T-Mo officially sent out yesterday, but she isn't hearing it. As I'm walking out, a lady walks in w/ her Note 7 to exchange. The lady tells her she "has to call the customer care number, or use 611 as they cannot do in store exchanges." So I turn around, walk back up to the counter and ask the employee if thats true, then why send me across town to the store I received my phone at? Why not tell me that then? She says it "varies by store." The customer that came in after me gets irate pretty quickly, and the employee calls customer care. I leave, not sure how the rest of her experience went.

-I go to the store I received my phone from. The guy clearly acts clueluess about the whole thing. Says he "never heard of this", which I tell him that's his prerogative, but he's heard of it now. He says he has to call his manager, but if she does not answer, there's not much he can do because he does not have the authorization to handle this. I ask him what exactly he does have the authorization to handle? The manager answers, and relays that I cannot exchange in store, I have to exchange over the phone (I'm thinking the same number I'm seeing listed in the threads here). I then load up the webpage from T-Mo where in writing, it says to call, or exchange in store. The employee ends up giving me his phone to talk w/ his manager. She goes on to explain customers are being told one thing, the stores are being told another. Their store is not an "authorized" store, so the stock they carry is not affiliated w/ the main corporate end. I ask her if thats the case, then how can they sell T-Mobile phones in the first place? And why does it say T-Mobile on the store sign then? Sounds like the run-around to me, and basically your telling me to leave the store with a device that not only has Samsung recalled, but so has the US Government. She then plays dumb, just as the employee did, and says that this is the first they are hearing about it.

So, I left, and I'm debating on even calling this number to even attempt to try. What a complete mess. This is in the St. Louis area BTW.
    I moved from St. Louis last year. Which store? I lived in South County near the mall. I had 3 stores within about two miles from me. I always seemed to have the best of luck at the Tmobile store next to Best Buy across the street from the mall. Mall one is okay but busier. The one on Telegraph by walmart is okay too.
    09-11-2016 02:00 PM
    Thats what im planning to do...Im not trekking around my County searching for a store that actually has my Color or the phone in general just to wait there for a hour for them to transfer everything over when i can do it in the comfort of my own home in 30 mins
    09-11-2016 02:01 PM
    This is getting so complicated I'm just going to hold onto my Note 7 until there's plenty in stock locally so I can just swap out for another Note 7.
    That's exactly what me and my wife are going to do.
    09-11-2016 02:05 PM
    That is what they told me the first couple days Samsung issued recall. So we can still have a new one shipped to us and ship the old Note back? That would be so much easier than waiting in the store for hours.
    I doubt that they will want anybody to ship the old Note 7s back directly as it would be a potential hazard. However all we can do is speculate until the new Note 7s arrive and clear instruction has been given.
    09-11-2016 02:07 PM
    I doubt that they will want anybody to ship the old Note 7s back directly as it would be a potential hazard. However all we can do is speculate until the new Note 7s arrive and clear instruction has been given.
    T-Force on Twitter told me they wouldn't allow me to ship my Note back. The 844 number told me they weren't sure about the return process for Notes, but i would definitely be able to ship the loaner back. The thing is they'll all have to be shipped somewhere at some point. They can't just leave them at the T-Mobile stores we return to. My understanding is if they're powered down they're not dangerous, but who knows.
    09-11-2016 02:46 PM
    I got my email right away for the loaner phone. I would follow up with regular customer service to make sure the order was pushed thru. They won't ship the phone until you confirm via email.
    The email finally came through a moment ago. It's a bit unnerving signing the EIP with all of the dollar amounts showing on it, but I understand that they have to track the loaner phone somehow... I will be watching my bill each month to make sure nothing screwy happens.
    09-11-2016 02:47 PM
    They will ship the new one out but you have to drop the old n7 and loaner back at a Corp location for handling and closing out the loaner agreement.
    09-11-2016 02:50 PM
    There's gonna be a lot of repercussion when these loaners start getting turned him.
    Damage ect ect ect.
    09-11-2016 02:53 PM
    There's gonna be a lot of repercussion when these loaners start getting turned him.
    Damage ect ect ect.
    I just hope these stores do a quick switch back for people and dont try to hassle them into staying with the loaner..They will get a bunch of note 7's that would go to existing customers and thats less they will have to sell..They will make no money off the switch back to the note 7...Hope Samsung puts a Sale restriction on the note 7 for at-least a week giving us a chance to get first dips on the new devices
    09-11-2016 02:56 PM
    I moved from St. Louis last year. Which store? I lived in South County near the mall. I had 3 stores within about two miles from me. I always seemed to have the best of luck at the Tmobile store next to Best Buy across the street from the mall. Mall one is okay but busier. The one on Telegraph by walmart is okay too.
    I'm on the IL side in Belleville. Went to the one in Fairview Heights then to the one in Belleville.
    09-11-2016 02:57 PM
    I'm on the IL side in Belleville. Went to the one in Fairview Heights then to the one in Belleville.
    Ah. Stl area has a crap load of Tmobile stores. Even here in FL up in tampa they don't have as many. I have ONE in my county about 12 miles away. What about for us who don't take a loaner phone because we have our old device? Will they still ship us a Note 7 and I take the Old note back to a store? Again really easier then to set it up at home and drop the old one off. I pay full price for my phones, no payment plan or jump bs so I hope it doesn't take as long.
    09-11-2016 03:24 PM
    So I just went into my tmobile store today and they handed me the number to call and that's it. They are no longer giving out loaner phones on site, it's all through the note 7 contact number. I called and after being on hold for 20 mins a woman helped me. She told me I couldn't choose the color of the s7 edge, which was weird but okay. She only asked for an address to send the loaner phone to. She didn't ask me to sign any eip agreements or anything. I should get the s7 edge on Tuesday, Wednesday latest. And they will further instruct me on how to turn in the note 7. She did say, since I am planning on getting the new notes when they come out, I will still be charged the monthly payment of the note. So hopefully that's somewhat the same information everyone is getting.
    09-11-2016 03:47 PM
    T mobile will get my blue note 7 when I have a new one in my hand .not before. Love my note7.
    09-11-2016 03:53 PM
    I turned in my note 7 yesterday. First store I went to was a franchise and the guy was a jerk. The next store I went to, I got lucky and got the manager. He knew exactly what to do and let me pick whatever phone I wanted. I got the note 5 since I wanted the stylus more than I wanted the edge (at least at the time - I'm really missing it now. I NEED them both!) Within the same store though, the guy at the register next to me was told he couldn't even return his note 7 since he did not have a receipt. I overheard and said I didn't have one either and was being allowed to return no problem. So the manager set the employee straight and the guy continued with his return. He however walked out with the J7 because the other clerk thought that was the only one he could give out. So there are lots of different things being said even within the same locations. I imagine it is a nightmare for the store employees who are pretty much used to just selling and trading in. They have never had to deal with returns of this magnitude and quite frankly, the information is changing from day to day. I have saved all my emails and screen shot the T-Mobile pages that say we can choose any phone we want as a loaner, because tomorrow, the policy may well be completely different. I am not getting stuck with a year old phone that costs almost as much as the brand new Note 7 I REALLY want. I also called the 844 number today and made sure everything was recorded in my account properly because nothing on my receipt for the Note 5 said loaner. I also did not get a full return for the 7, so she had to correct that. She then told me that we will be getting charged monthly for the EIP agreements and not getting refunded for them at the time we get our 7. The charges will be applied to our Note 7 EIP as if we have been making payments on it for the entire time, even though the amounts are different. That part seems a little odd to me so we will see how they really handle it in the future. Hopefully all the rest of you gets your loaners with a little headache as possible. Maybe there will be some more bonuses at the end of all this for us for staying loyal. I already saved $199 on my netflix, I'll get $25 with the New 7, $20 Samsung pay, and now with the note 5, I got $50 off my OneDrive account, so I'm $294 in the black!
    09-11-2016 03:56 PM
    I wanna exchange for an iPhone on Friday. Besides inventory and switching to iPhone anyone sense any issue with that.
    09-11-2016 04:21 PM
    With what is going on, are there going to be any short term issues with S7 Edge inventory like back orders or stores running out of them? I'm trying to hold off as long as possible for a Note 7 exchange but if we don't hear anything in another week I will probably get the Edge. I don't mind it being shipped to me, but just wondering if it will go on back order.

I would think this week we will know if they're ready to release the new phones or if it will be awhile still. Samsung has already been making new Note 7s and some Best Buys have them already so it could be at any time they get the go ahead or could be a month from now. I hope we hear something soon or even tomorrow maybe.
    09-11-2016 04:31 PM
    With what is going on, are there going to be any short term issues with S7 Edge inventory like back orders or stores running out of them? I'm trying to hold off as long as possible for a Note 7 exchange but if we don't hear anything in another week I will probably get the Edge. I don't mind it being shipped to me, but just wondering if it will go on back order.

I would think this week we will know if they're ready to release the new phones or if it will be awhile still. Samsung has already been making new Note 7s and some Best Buys have them already so it could be at any time they get the go ahead or could be a month from now. I hope we hear something soon or even tomorrow maybe.
    I would check the carrier site. I imagine most people aren't just moving to the edge.
    09-11-2016 04:35 PM
    No shortages on the S7 edge.
    09-11-2016 05:00 PM
    I wouldn't expect there to he any S7 Edge shortages. My T-Mobile store had a lot of them yesterday.
    09-11-2016 05:09 PM
    I wouldn't expect there to he any S7 Edge shortages. My T-Mobile store had a lot of them yesterday.
    As did my AT&T store. He said he hadn't done many Note 7 exchanges. He thinks most people are holding on to them. I switched to the Edge, and I am very glad I did it... I loved my Note 7, before, but after a day with the edge I am passionately and totally in complete love with my Note 7 and cant wait to get it back. The 7 edge isn't a bad phone, it just feels blah, compared to my Note 7.
    jamesrick80 likes this.
    09-11-2016 05:14 PM

EDIT:

Ok, so I called the number, and it took all of 5 minutes. The lady was extremely helpful, she logged into my acct, verified the Note7, and then asked me which phone I would like to replace it with. I told her a regular S7 is fine, I just want to be able to move my sim and SD card without much hassle. She said that was no problem, and put the order in. She said an email would be coming to verify shortly, but she will have this processed today, shipped tomorrow, and I should receive my loaner on Tuesday. I asked her exactly what the process going forward is, she said I will receive my S7 loaner, and that my lease on the Note 7 will be put on hold. Once they receive the replacement phones, my replacement Note 7 will be shipped to my house, and I use that box to return my loaner phone, and my current Note 7. If I decide that I want to keep the S7, I just need to call the number back, let them know, and they will just add that to the plan and I ship the Note 7 back.

So, hope this helps anyone who is wondering. I spoke with an Angela if you want to try by name.
    This is exactly why I just threw the towel in and just exchanged for a S7 Edge. Seriously, screw all of this noise. This is the biggest screw up in Samsung's mobile history and the carriers are all out of sync, right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing. I liked the Note 7, but it wasn't worth all of this nonsense. I'm sad that all of this is happening to Samsung and I'll just wait till the S8 is out to get the next "best phone"
    Tabbiel1989 likes this.
    09-11-2016 05:18 PM
    As did my AT&T store. He said he hadn't done many Note 7 exchanges. He thinks most people are holding on to them. I switched to the Edge, and I am very glad I did it... I loved my Note 7, before, but after a day with the edge I am passionately and totally in complete love with my Note 7 and cant wait to get it back. The 7 edge isn't a bad phone, it just feels blah, compared to my Note 7.
    Same here.. I was on the fence between the N7 or S7E - if there's a positive out of all of this it's that I've had the opportunity to use both extensively now to determine which I want to use (or to potentially switch to something else).

After using the S7E for about the same time I had with the N7 - hands down the N7 is the better device overall (at least for my daily driver). There were just so many nuances, tweaks, and changes overall, including how the N7 felt to hold in your hand that aren't there for the S7E. It's the combination of all of these yielding a greater experience overall that just makes me look forward to getting my N7 back (hopefully soon.. ).

Now compared to the rest of the market and other phones (Moto, LG, etc.) I've been using recently, they are both fantastic devices and you can't go wrong using either.

I have an iPhone I carry for work purposes and both of these simply blow away Apple's current/future offerings.

I'm slightly interested in the V20 but only to compare side by side. The more I read about it... The less I'm interested.
    09-11-2016 05:26 PM
2,848 ... 3536373839 ...