10-12-2016 12:45 PM
2,848 ... 3637383940 ...
tools
    I was going to go to the store and do the exchange for the loaner there but after reading all these stories I preferred to call that number instead and order over the phone.

The lady told me that they were only giving J7s as loaners now. I agreed to it and she got all my information but mid process I changed my mind and told her I needed a faster and more reliable phone because of my work. I told her I would risk it and just stick with N7 until the new ones came in. She then said ok, she could get me a better phone, so I opted for the S7E silver. Should get it Tuesday, the latest Wednesday.
    09-11-2016 05:35 PM
    I was going to go to the store and do the exchange for the loaner there but after reading all these stories I preferred to call that number instead and order over the phone.

The lady told me that they were only giving J7s as loaners now. I agreed to it and she got all my information but mid process I changed my mind and told her I needed a faster and more reliable phone because of my work. I told her I would risk it and just stick with N7 until the new ones came in. She then said ok, she could get me a better phone, so I opted for the S7E silver. Should get it Tuesday, the latest Wednesday.
    Yeah, I'd probably just take a chance on having the phone blow up in my face before I'd want to agree to take a J series phone. I honestly didn't even know there was such a phone until recently. I saw it in a store and thought it was some kind of a joke. Seriously
    09-11-2016 05:38 PM
    Yeah, I'd probably just take a chance on having the phone blow up in my face before I'd want to agree to take a J series phone. I honestly didn't even know there was such a phone until recently. I saw it in a store and thought it was some kind of a joke. Seriously
    Some people were given the Samsung j1 mini which is the ultimate slap in the face....it's like a 2016 galaxy s3
    09-11-2016 05:41 PM
    Some people were given the Samsung j1 mini which is the ultimate slap in the face....it's like a 2016 galaxy s3
    LOL! Ouch.
    09-11-2016 06:05 PM
    The way it sounds in the best buy thread, some of the stores already have the new phones but are waiting the go ahead to be allowed to start swapping them. lets hope any day now we start hearing them being swapped out. Might be a good thing I didn't jump in the Iphone so soon. yea the J series is a joke. Wouldn't you rather have an Iphone than a J series.
    09-11-2016 06:05 PM
    The way it sounds in the best buy thread, some of the stores already have the new phones but are waiting the go ahead to be allowed to start swapping them. lets hope any day now we start hearing them being swapped out. Might be a good thing I didn't jump in the Iphone so soon. yea the J series is a joke. Wouldn't you rather have an Iphone than a J series.
    An iPhone is a true flagship phone like the Note 7 and is not comparible to a joke phone like the J series. I'm glad you didn't jump on the iPhone either, you're definitely an android guy.

J series phone, lol. C'mon Samsung, don't play games.
    09-11-2016 06:18 PM
    The downside is no other phone really competes with this device...it's sad to say
    What about the One plus three or LG V20?

Just my .02
    09-11-2016 06:32 PM
    Man I'm so glad I just got my money back as soon as possible.

Seems they're doing their best to make sure customers only get a credit. If I'm going to buy an S7 edge, why on earth would I get it through a carrier and not buy it outright?
    09-11-2016 06:35 PM

Just my .02
    Two phones that will be forgotten within 2 months of their release. My 2 cents.
    09-11-2016 06:43 PM
    Man I'm so glad I just got my money back as soon as possible.

Seems they're doing their best to make sure customers only get a credit. If I'm going to buy an S7 edge, why on earth would I get it through a carrier and not buy it outright?
    Best buy sells the unlocked version cheaper than what the carriers charge.
    09-11-2016 06:44 PM
    Damn. Im just keeping my Note 7, which works like a champ. Unless it blows up, which is extremely unlikely, I'll trade it in for the new Note when it comes in. Excuse me while I set it on my wireless charger before I go to bed!!! Seriously, that's my thing. I would never mess with someone if they had a different opinion. Kudos to all.
    09-11-2016 06:46 PM
    Two phones that will be forgotten within 2 months of their release. My 2 cents.
    lol
    09-11-2016 06:47 PM
    After telling tmo yesterday to forget it I would just keep my Note 7 and sue them if anything happened, they reached out to me today.
    They're sending me an S7E overnight. While I did have to sign a new EIP, I was told my account would be credited for the amount of the payment, and I would just keep paying for the one device. She then told me I would be priority for a new N7, and once it came out they would get me a new N7, and they would take my N7 and S7E at that point. She just wasn't sure how that would happen yet as they didn't know.
    09-11-2016 06:58 PM
    Pretty much the same outcome I got. Lol just didn't complain nearly half as much.
    09-11-2016 07:02 PM

Just my .02
    One Plus is a compromise on all things that matter; display (1080p is passable. 1080p pentile is not); waterproofing; camera.

But hey, it opens Gmail 0.1 seconds faster!
    Frozen Corpse likes this.
    09-11-2016 07:04 PM
    http://sammyhub.com/2016/09/09/galax...7-recall-info/

Expected replacement dates for new Note 7s for all countries. The US is at the bottom on the list with no expected dates, as the government has gotten involved.
    09-11-2016 07:05 PM
    One Plus is a compromise on all things that matter; display (1080p is passable. 1080p pentile is not); waterproofing; camera.

But hey, it opens Gmail 0.1 seconds faster!
    People try to force budget phones into flagship territory just because they are decent..... LG V20 yeah... One plus 3 is what you get when you don't want to spend the money....
    akin_t likes this.
    09-11-2016 07:07 PM
    Sooooooo here's my experience so far:
    -Went to a T-Mobile store yesterday that is not the one I received my phone from. I was told I "have to go to the store that I received my phone at." The lady then rudely tells me that "I will have to use a JUMP in order to move to another phone." I try to explain to her what T-Mo officially sent out yesterday, but she isn't hearing it. As I'm walking out, a lady walks in w/ her Note 7 to exchange. The lady tells her she "has to call the customer care number, or use 611 as they cannot do in store exchanges." So I turn around, walk back up to the counter and ask the employee if thats true, then why send me across town to the store I received my phone at? Why not tell me that then? She says it "varies by store." The customer that came in after me gets irate pretty quickly, and the employee calls customer care. I leave, not sure how the rest of her experience went.

-I go to the store I received my phone from. The guy clearly acts clueluess about the whole thing. Says he "never heard of this", which I tell him that's his prerogative, but he's heard of it now. He says he has to call his manager, but if she does not answer, there's not much he can do because he does not have the authorization to handle this. I ask him what exactly he does have the authorization to handle? The manager answers, and relays that I cannot exchange in store, I have to exchange over the phone (I'm thinking the same number I'm seeing listed in the threads here). I then load up the webpage from T-Mo where in writing, it says to call, or exchange in store. The employee ends up giving me his phone to talk w/ his manager. She goes on to explain customers are being told one thing, the stores are being told another. Their store is not an "authorized" store, so the stock they carry is not affiliated w/ the main corporate end. I ask her if thats the case, then how can they sell T-Mobile phones in the first place? And why does it say T-Mobile on the store sign then? Sounds like the run-around to me, and basically your telling me to leave the store with a device that not only has Samsung recalled, but so has the US Government. She then plays dumb, just as the employee did, and says that this is the first they are hearing about it.

So, I left, and I'm debating on even calling this number to even attempt to try. What a complete mess. This is in the St. Louis area BTW.

EDIT:

Ok, so I called the number, and it took all of 5 minutes. The lady was extremely helpful, she logged into my acct, verified the Note7, and then asked me which phone I would like to replace it with. I told her a regular S7 is fine, I just want to be able to move my sim and SD card without much hassle. She said that was no problem, and put the order in. She said an email would be coming to verify shortly, but she will have this processed today, shipped tomorrow, and I should receive my loaner on Tuesday. I asked her exactly what the process going forward is, she said I will receive my S7 loaner, and that my lease on the Note 7 will be put on hold. Once they receive the replacement phones, my replacement Note 7 will be shipped to my house, and I use that box to return my loaner phone, and my current Note 7. If I decide that I want to keep the S7, I just need to call the number back, let them know, and they will just add that to the plan and I ship the Note 7 back.

So, hope this helps anyone who is wondering. I spoke with an Angela if you want to try by name.
    Which store in St. Louis? I live in St. Louis as well and will be exchanging mine in store.
    09-11-2016 07:07 PM
    Which store in St. Louis? I live in St. Louis as well and will be exchanging mine in store.
    From what I know, you can no longer exchange for a loaner in store. Only returns, as of today. At least that's what I was told by the manager in store and a representative on the phone.
    09-11-2016 07:10 PM
    From what I know, you can no longer exchange for a loaner in store. Only returns, as of today. At least that's what I was told by the manager in store and a representative on the phone.
    Thanks for the heads up. I think I'll just hang on to mine and wait for the stores to get new supply in.
    09-11-2016 07:11 PM
    The S7 edge is every bit as good as the Note 7. It just doesn't burn your house down
    09-11-2016 07:18 PM
    The S7 edge is every bit as good as the Note 7. It just doesn't burn your house down
    The S7E is awesome but I love the S Pen!
    AZwldcats likes this.
    09-11-2016 07:21 PM
    The S7E is awesome but I love the S Pen!
    I had a Note 4 before I got the S7e, but I never used the s Pen. Thought about waiting on the Note 7, but kinda glad I didn't!
    adam13141 likes this.
    09-11-2016 07:24 PM
    Anyone able to see their "loaner" order in My Tmobile?
    09-11-2016 07:36 PM
    he lives in the metro east, Fairview Heights I think he said.
    adam13141 likes this.
    09-11-2016 07:40 PM
2,848 ... 3637383940 ...