10-12-2016 12:45 PM
2,848 ... 23456 ...
tools
    I bought mine on launch day and I've been using it pretty heavily to figure out all the functions, since it's my first Note ever. I use a wireless charger but don't leave it on the pad overnight. Just going to continue as usual (as long as there are no surprises) until I can go in and swap for another shiny new Note. ๐Ÿ˜Ž
    09-03-2016 12:35 AM
    So, today I decided to call ahead and make sure I can return my Note 7 in store. I had ordered it from T-Mobile by phone (Jump on Demand). I was told I could do so.

I get to the store, and they tell me I couldn't return it in-store because its Jump on Demand. Then they said it's because I didn't get it from the store itself. Wasted 1 hour in the store trying to get it done (Fair Oaks Mall location in Fairfax, VA).

Called customer care later in the day and they reiterated that I can indeed return it in-store. I haven't gone back... just using the Note 7 for now. It was quite the hassle, reset it before I went to the store and all, only to set it up again from scratch.

Just thought I'd share this... don't let the store tell you that you can't return it in-store if you ordered it online or by phone. I wish T-Mobile was doing a better job at educating retail locations on how to issue these returns for those that purchased online or by phone.
    pantlesspenguin and lv2bsilly like this.
    09-03-2016 12:53 AM
    So, today I decided to call ahead and make sure I can return my Note 7 in store. I had ordered it from T-Mobile by phone (Jump on Demand). I was told I could do so.

I get to the store, and they tell me I couldn't return it in-store because its Jump on Demand. Then they said it's because I didn't get it from the store itself. Wasted 1 hour in the store trying to get it done (Fair Oaks Mall location in Fairfax, VA).

Called customer care later in the day and they reiterated that I can indeed return it in-store. I haven't gone back... just using the Note 7 for now. It was quite the hassle, reset it before I went to the store and all, only to set it up again from scratch.

Just thought I'd share this... don't let the store tell you that you can't return it in-store if you ordered it online or by phone. I wish T-Mobile was doing a better job at educating retail locations on how to issue these returns for those that purchased online or by phone.
    Yea some of the stores suck. The one near me doesn't like doing exchanges in store and the wait time always long there and staff is hurried and rude. It would be easier to simply have them ship me a new one to my home and set it up myself or drive 30 miles to a different store. The way Tmobile help on twitter told me if I want to swap it out for a new Note 7 it could be shipped to the store and they can swap it out there. Might as well just have them ship it to my house and I ship the old one back. Much better than having to argue and deal with the store and sit there an hour. When I called Tmobile the rep told me I could get a new note 7 shipped to me THEN I can ship the old one back. At least that is the plan.
    hasasimo likes this.
    09-03-2016 01:31 AM
    I wanted the blue in the first place. They didn't had it on the launch date. So I got the silver titanium which is kind of cool too and liking it already. So maybe I'll switch to the blue as well.
    09-03-2016 01:37 AM
    Went to store today and turned it in. I had ordered mine online as well and it was a little bit of a wait. They couldn't figure out how to take the phone back since I had ordered online, but they eventually found a step by step guide and got me taken care of. Thankfully I never returned my old phone when I used my Jump. I will get my jump back and will wait to see what's supposed to be coming out.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-03-2016 01:45 AM
    Hopefully it will be easy and they have a lot of stock when they start selling again. And I don't want issues when I want to go from black to blue. Hahahaha
    09-03-2016 02:03 AM
    I haven't turned my N5 in yet...I think it's due back the 5th or 6th I'm wondering if I can get that extended until the replacements come in case anything happens to my N7.
    I talked to cs at T-Mobile about this very topic. He was extremely difficult to understand, but basically said no. If I don't ship my Note 5 by the 30th day from the date I received my Note 7, I'd be charged the amount that I owed on my Note 5.
    09-03-2016 02:18 AM
    Just got an email from TMO. They're giving us 3 options:
    1. Sign-up (with a link) to get notified when the new Note 7 is available.
    2. Switch to a new device.
    3. Get a full refund at ANY T-Mobile store.

I don't want any other phone so I just signed up to get notified. Hopefully I can switch to the blue one.
    Dimas de Leon likes this.
    09-03-2016 02:20 AM
    Question: what if I don't return my Note 7 in the next week or so? How about in a month from now? In other words, is there a due date by which I must turn in my Note 7 for a replacement? I'm aware of the risks involved, but let's just say I'm OK with it for now. Once they have the new ones out, will they still offer me the option to replace mine or do I have to send it in for repair and be without a phone during the said time?!
    09-03-2016 02:22 AM

I don't want any other phone so I just signed up to get notified. Hopefully I can switch to the blue one.
    Lucky you! I haven't received anything from them. Oh I take that back. They did send me a text promoting the free 6" subway chicken sub!!!
    CrisG likes this.
    09-03-2016 02:24 AM
    Question: what if I don't return my Note 7 in the next week or so? How about in a month from now? In other words, is there a due date by which I must turn in my Note 7 for a replacement? I'm aware of the risks involved, but let's just say I'm OK with it for now. Once they have the new ones out, will they still offer me the option to replace mine or do I have to send it in for repair and be without a phone during the said time?!
    It looks like the deadline is September 30. This is what it says on their website:

Customers can visit their local T-Mobile store where they bought the device or call 611 on their mobile phone or 1-800-937-8997 through at least September 30 to take advantage of either option.
    acentralist likes this.
    09-03-2016 04:24 AM

I wonder if they're going to start sending out those emails. I didn't get anything. I would like to sign up to know when the new phone is out and I can change it.
    lsmith9523 likes this.
    09-03-2016 04:36 AM
    So, if I return my N7 for an S7, tmo will exchange or refund all my N7 accessories
    09-03-2016 04:37 AM
    So, if I return my N7 for an S7, tmo will exchange or refund all my N7 accessories
    Yup. But it will be a permanent exchange. They're not doing what Sprint is doing and giving a loaner phone until the new Note 7s are in.
    09-03-2016 04:39 AM
    Sorry. Didn't finish my thought on the rest of that last post. After moving the S7, I can keep the gift I got on promo for buying the N7 but if I just get a replacement N7 I get...nothing? Seems a tad bit weak to me. I guess a phone that doesn't explode is considered a perk these days. And here I thought that was supposed to be a standard option.
    09-03-2016 04:41 AM
    I wonder if they're going to start sending out those emails. I didn't get anything. I would like to sign up to know when the new phone is out and I can change it.
    Got my email around 2AM. The link to sign-up is https:// explore.t-mobile.com/samsung-galaxy-note7-recall?

They also send you a follow-up email once you signed up that your exchange request is confirmed.
    Keltian and acentralist like this.
    09-03-2016 06:01 AM
    Sorry. Didn't finish my thought on the rest of that last post. After moving the S7, I can keep the gift I got on promo for buying the N7 but if I just get a replacement N7 I get...nothing? Seems a tad bit weak to me. I guess a phone that doesn't explode is considered a perk these days. And here I thought that was supposed to be a standard option.
    If you get a replacement, its an exchange. You're not buying and paying for another phone. You already have your gift. Do you seriously expect another gift? Or maybe I misunderstood your comment. If you decide for a Note 7 replacement you get to keep the gift as well, if that is what you're trying to ask. Even if you decide for a full return/refund, you still keep the gift.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-03-2016 06:09 AM
    If you get a replacement, its an exchange. You're not buying and paying for another phone. You already have your gift. Do you seriously expect another gift? Or maybe I misunderstood your comment. If you decide for a Note 7 replacement you get to keep the gift as well, if that is what you're trying to ask. Even if you decide for a full return/refund, you still keep the gift.
    I'm not expecting another gift. It just seems tmo isn't doing anything other than what would be expected in this case while other carriers and Samsung are giving something for the inconvenience. I'm okay with getting an exchange and knowing my phone will be safe for the future. But to make this big ordeal on how much is being done in this instance seems a little too much.
    09-03-2016 06:24 AM
    I'm not expecting another gift. It just seems tmo isn't doing anything other than what would be expected in this case while other carriers and Samsung are giving something for the inconvenience. I'm okay with getting an exchange and knowing my phone will be safe for the future. But to make this big ordeal on how much is being done in this instance seems a little too much.
    First of all this is NOT Tmo's fault. They're already doing the best they can to accommodate you to what ever you like (exchange or refund), they'll even refund the accessories, you get to keep your free gift, so what else do you expect from them? Seriously!
    09-03-2016 06:35 AM
    First of all this is NOT Tmo's fault. They're already doing the best they can to accommodate you to what ever you like (exchange or refund), they'll even refund the accessories, you get to keep your free gift, so what else do you expect from them? Seriously!
    I expect them to not throw their CSA and store associates to the masses without having some sort of plan for those that complain about this exchange. I'm not saying tmo is at fault.
    09-03-2016 07:06 AM
    I expect them to not throw their CSA and store associates to the masses without having some sort of plan for those that complain about this exchange. I'm not saying tmo is at fault.
    I really don't get you. What are you ranting about Tmo's return procedures. First you're talking about gifts then you said it's not about the gifts yet you said in your own words, "while other carriers and Samsung are giving something for the inconvenience". So, I get it, you are being inconvenienced and you want to be compensated by a company that is of no fault of their own. Now you're talking about their stores associates to have some sort of plan "for those that COMPLAIN". They already HAVE a plan plain and simple and it's already marked in stone. You want to complain, call Samsung then.
    Anyway, you have a good day, and I wish you may have a pleasant experience in your exchange/return procedure!
    Me, I'll just wait patiently for the new phones to arrive and go to the store and greet the associates with a pleasant smile.
    lsmith9523 and Kelly Kearns like this.
    09-03-2016 07:42 AM
    They will fix them and use as warranty replacement or sell as refurbished
    I don't know.. Samsung doesn't do warranty replacement for the US and doesn't have large US refurb sales. They are increasing that, but it it geared to international sales. Also the refurbs we can buy at carriers, don't come from Samsung. I always thought Samsung certified them, Samsung told me no they don't.
    09-03-2016 08:30 AM
    Just found out about this via Drippler...kinda pissed I found out through a third-party app yet I have Samsung Plus on my phone and haven't heard from T-mobile....my phone has been fine so far the only times it got super hot was when I tried to do data transfer using the adapter provided and a Samsung micro-usb cable. ๐Ÿ˜”
    You posted just about 24 hours after it happened. Even all of Samsung didn't know what was going on. This is unprecedented and fast. This isn't being handled as a normal recall so it can be done quickly. There is going to be some hiccups along the way in getting this done at first.
    09-03-2016 08:31 AM
    I haven't turned my N5 in yet...I think it's due back the 5th or 6th I'm wondering if I can get that extended until the replacements come in case anything happens to my N7.
    Should not be a problem. If you don't get a satisfactory answer from a T-Mobile store or Rep, tweet T-Force at @TMobileHelp and they can assure everything on your account with that is fine.
    09-03-2016 08:33 AM
    Ok you guys.. If you are getting out of the country customer care you probably will get answers for the basic return policy.

The weekend and the Holiday you are more likely to get the out of the country call centers.

They will just frustrate you. I wouldn't bother with them this weekend.
    Keltian, Tabbiel1989 and toneofark like this.
    09-03-2016 08:36 AM
2,848 ... 23456 ...