10-12-2016 12:45 PM
2,848 ... 4142434445 ...
tools
    So u keep the Note 7 or u have to return it right away? Or u keep it until u get a replacement ...?
    I asked the phone rep this question directly and I was told to bring the loaner and my bad battery Note 7 to the store after the replacement Note 7 becomes available.
    athenatp likes this.
    09-12-2016 03:05 PM
    Seems everyone is getting different info. even over the phone. I was told that my S7 will have return labels for my S7 loaner and my defective Note 7, and that the new Note 7 will be shipped to me when available, then I ship the other two devices back. My loaner S7 is shipped.
    09-12-2016 03:41 PM
    Well the s7 edge is the better performer and it's not even debatable (same hardware, less processes running on it).

Only thing keeping me from the edge is that I don't know if it'll get GraceUX. I've also grown fond of the Note's subtler edges.
    Yes the s7 edge is faster than the note 7 and does not lag at all unlike the note 7...I just prefer the additional features of the note 7
    09-12-2016 04:05 PM
    Yes the s7 edge is faster than the note 7 and does not lag at all unlike the note 7...I just prefer the additional features of the note 7
    Gonna ride out until the replacements come
    09-12-2016 04:16 PM
    Welp, my experience so far has not been to great with how the T-Mobile is handling this voluntary "recall". Went to a store to get a refund, told couldn't since I flat out paid for it and also got it from T-Mobile.com. Was provided a UPS shipping label and told to ship out phone and I "should" get a refund back. Person did not sound to sure. Called the 844 number and spoke with a rep saying that was the wrong procedure and that we should go back to the store.

Went to another store, told them what happened. They started the refund process with no issues until they found my phone "canceled". Guess when the first person tried to help me, they did it the old way the stores were first told to do and not the current way it is being handled. Unfortunately, could not get my refund in store and just got back from shipping the phone out.

I love my Note 7, really wished it wasn't plagued with the battery issue since mine worked. Only got hot when I was playing games, but still holdable. Did not overcharge it. Would have waited till the new Note 7s came out, but family was urging me to just return it since the media has been blasting it so much.
    09-12-2016 04:19 PM
    Tmobile is sending me a 7 Edge "loaner" free Overnight until the New Note 7 comes in. FYI
    09-12-2016 04:22 PM
    Just called up the toll free number and have my replacement phone on the way. No wait for a rep to get on the line either. Very simple process. I am glad that I am getting a different phone as I recently saw that carriers are not expecting to have large quantities available until October or November. While I am sure my phone is ok (made in China) I just hate to take the risk and hearing about that kid that had one blow up in his hands is enough to make me want to be SURE that mine won't be one of the next ones to go KA-BOOM!
    09-12-2016 05:14 PM
    Man, I'm never buying a phone from carriers again. Glad I was able to return mine hassle free.

Was the first time in 4 years I've bought a carrier phone. Back to buying unlocked.
    09-12-2016 05:24 PM
    While I am sure my phone is ok (made in China) I just hate to take the risk and hearing about that kid that had one blow up in his hands is enough to make me want to be SURE that mine won't be one of the next ones to go KA-BOOM!

My understanding is that they actually don't go Kaboom! They start heating up and expanding and then seeping the insides out and getting very hot and basically creating a fire if you don't notice it in time and it's in an area that has flammable materials.

My phone has been working awesome and I'm holding on to it until I get it replaced with another Note 7. I'm just being careful with it and not placing it anywhere that will spark a fire in the event it does overheat and bulge out.
    09-12-2016 05:28 PM
    Man, I'm never buying a phone from carriers again. Glad I was able to return mine hassle free.

Was the first time in 4 years I've bought a carrier phone. Back to buying unlocked.
    If we didn't want a replacement Note 7 then we could return them hassle free as well.
    09-12-2016 05:46 PM
    My understanding is that they actually don't go Kaboom! They start heating up and expanding and then seeping the insides out and getting very hot and basically creating a fire if you don't notice it in time and it's in an area that has flammable materials.

My phone has been working awesome and I'm holding on to it until I get it replaced with another Note 7. I'm just being careful with it and not placing it anywhere that will spark a fire in the event it does overheat and bulge out.
    That's my understanding as well, I have yet to see a situation mentioned where the phone actually EXPLODES as all of the click-bait headlines like to say. Saying EXPLODE creates dramatic images of the phone sending shrapnel flying through the air.
    09-12-2016 06:01 PM

Mine has been working great as well but then the thought of liability hit me. Mine is a pre-order that I got on the 18th and has been working great... honestly this is the best battery life I have ever gotten out of a cell phone. I decided I would just hang onto it until a replacement is available; I would simply completely power it off at night and then in the morning power it on and charge it while I was reading the news and then take it off the charger when I started getting ready which is usually enough time time get it to 100%. I had seen reports that when the battery ruptured it wasn't always on a charger so that got me to thinking. Should something happen (I think the chances are slim but you never know), I would be liable for all damages. Samsung has issued emails telling people to power off the device and exchange it for another phone or a loaner, so if I didn't act on their warnings and went against their instructions they are no longer liable. They did everything they can do but come to my home and yank it out of my hands. My insurance company would probably tell me to pound sand because I did not follow the instructions of the manufacturer regarding the recall, therefore I would have been negligent and they won't cover any damages. Again I think it's a slim chance of anything actually happening but felt it was better to be safe than sorry so I ordered a loaner today.
    09-12-2016 06:02 PM
    That's my understanding as well, I have yet to see a situation mentioned where the phone actually EXPLODES as all of the click-bait headlines like to say. Saying EXPLODE creates dramatic images of the phone sending shrapnel flying through the air.
    Just called customer service, was offer a 128gb iphone 7 plus no down payment.. Might take the up on that offer
    09-12-2016 06:48 PM
    I agree with you. With N7, I experienced Wi-Fi drop, YouTube pause, unresponsive.
    09-12-2016 06:52 PM
    I agree with you. With N7, I experienced Wi-Fi drop, YouTube pause, unresponsive.
    Not Necessarilly because of note 7 could be the way your Carrier set up the phone
    09-12-2016 06:55 PM
    So everyone is talking about what they got from T-Mobile today, well apparently I got a 900 dollar credit on my bill, so hey.
    09-12-2016 06:56 PM
    I asked yesterday on twitter about when Notes come in. the rep told me 2-4 weeks jargon as usual. Does anyone know when? You read on here and see all different dates thrown around on these threads. Some are saying this wed they heard from Best Buy, same say this Friday.

Should I just return the phone and buy an S7 Edge? My problem is I do and knowing my luck the Notes get released.
    09-12-2016 06:58 PM
    So everyone is talking about what they got from T-Mobile today, well apparently I got a 900 dollar credit on my bill, so hey.
    Explain more
    09-12-2016 07:11 PM
    Explain more
    Shoot, I really have no idea, honestly. It just all of a sudden showed up on my account last night. I called TMO and they said it was a "refund for my Note 7", which was on JOD for my account. So, who knows. It seems to be a mistake.
    09-12-2016 07:14 PM
    I asked yesterday on twitter about when Notes come in. the rep told me 2-4 weeks jargon as usual. Does anyone know when? You read on here and see all different dates thrown around on these threads. Some are saying this wed they heard from Best Buy, same say this Friday.

Should I just return the phone and buy an S7 Edge? My problem is I do and knowing my luck the Notes get released.
    I wouldnt count on it anytime soon bro. It seems to be if anything, WORSE today than it was. I'd just go ahead and switch out.
    09-12-2016 07:17 PM
    I wouldnt count on it anytime soon bro. It seems to be if anything, WORSE today than it was. I'd just go ahead and switch out.
    My Supcase came in for the S7 edge today. I figured order an edge case and if the Notes come out then just send it back to Amazon. I'm really getting annoyed by this whole process. They need to be more clear on a timetable.

With the government I really think Apple could be pressing them too. Announcing it the day pre orders of Iphones go on sale is just plain fishy.
    09-12-2016 07:25 PM
    For what is worth, I spoke with Samsung earlier today and the guy told me new N7s will start shipping out on the 19th. Can't speak to how valid that is but thought I would share.
    09-12-2016 07:26 PM
    For what is worth, I spoke with Samsung earlier today and the guy told me new N7s will start shipping out on the 19th. Can't speak to how valid that is but thought I would share.
    That's what I don't understand. Why won't they just make a press release with it so we can decide what we want to do?
    09-12-2016 07:28 PM
    Shoot, I really have no idea, honestly. It just all of a sudden showed up on my account last night. I called TMO and they said it was a "refund for my Note 7", which was on JOD for my account. So, who knows. It seems to be a mistake.
    Do u keep the phone or have to send it in?
    09-12-2016 07:30 PM
    Just called customer service, was offer a 128gb iphone 7 plus no down payment.. Might take the up on that offer
    But when will you get it?
    09-12-2016 07:31 PM
2,848 ... 4142434445 ...