T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
[WARN]UPDATE: The Samsung Galaxy Note7 has been officially recalled. Users who own a Note7 will be able to exchange their unit for another one.

Samsung announces global Galaxy Note 7 recall following battery explosions | Android Central
[/WARN]

[NOTE]Please use this thread for T-MOBILE only. For an updated list of official statements from Samsung and carriers, plus what to do if you're affected, and links to the other carrier threads, please check the following link.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-7/719826-psa-note-7-recall.html[/NOTE]

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I am hoping I can work on exchanging it without much hassle. I was debating on getting a new phone but there is nothing else I really want.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I'll just use mine until T-Mobile gets new stock and can exchange it. I will stop charging at night and won't fast charge again until I get the new one.

dseiden

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I am probably going to just keep mine till the new units are available. I won't charge it at night anymore certainly or leave it on a charger unattended.

I wish Samsung would say stop using it or use it with caution.. Either would be helpful to let us know if this is widespread and what exactly to look for till the new stock arrives.

Treonday

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
New member that's been following along with the issue.

I'm in a good position all things considered. I used my jump upgrade to get the Note 7, which ironically just arrived today. So I still have my old iPhone 6 plus to use until Samsung gets a clear plan in place. So for now, I'll probably just keep my Note 7 in it's box until a clear exchange solution is available.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't intend on not using mine, either. I wonder if those few people that had that weird battery drain issue are at risk. The fast discharging as well as the ones that shut off at like 40%.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I called Tmobile today. The rep said a couple weeks and she said that they would ship me a new Note 7 first, then I can ship my old one back. There is no waiting list as of yet and she said next week to call back to see if any new info, but that we should get a text message when they get the new units. I wanted to make sure because I don't want to end up waiting awhile and then when I go to swap I get a refurbed Note 7.

The tmobile twitter chat rep said same thing but that since I ordered it instead of buying it directly from the store that I'd have to have one shipped to the store to exchange. Might as well just have it shipped directly to me then and not have to worry about the ding dong reps my store have.

Ventura726

May 16, 2012
Visit site
I like that Sprint is offering the opportunity to trade the phone for something else UNTIL they get the new Note 7s in stock, then you can go back to the Note 7. With T-Mobile, you either have to hang on to it for a couple weeks, or trade/return it and get something else, but they don't say if they'll let you exchange that for a new Note 7 when they're available. I'm on JOD but I don't wanna waste one of my jumps on something that isn't my fault, and I really like this phone.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
Are we supposed to call T-Mobile and tell them what we want to do? And have them call or text us when a new shipment arrives? I just sent my S7 Edge back yesterday so I have no other working phone I can use. I really want this phone. They should credit us and pay for our phones for all this trouble.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't know.. So many people turned in their Jump and Jump on Demand trade in phones and don't have an extra.
I don't have an extra.

But what I meant was of all the sudden my Note 7 went from running perfect to getting so hot I couldn't hold it, I'd walk it into T-Mobile and I bet they would find a way to give a loaner for a one off situation. Or should I say...I would be walking out of there with a loaner one way or another

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't have an extra.

But what I meant was of all the sudden my Note 7 went from running perfect to getting so hot I couldn't hold it, I'd walk it into T-Mobile and I bet they would find a way to give a loaner for a one off situation. Or should I say...I would be walking out of there with a loaner one way or another
Oh then? Yeah.. Not sure what they would do.

I isn't even have a landline in my house anymore.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Are we supposed to call T-Mobile and tell them what we want to do? And have them call or text us when a new shipment arrives? I just sent my S7 Edge back yesterday so I have no other working phone I can use. I really want this phone. They should credit us and pay for our phones for all this trouble.
T-Mobile didn't do anything.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

Yeaaaaaaaah. No.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Sadly it doesn't work that way. This problem was caused by Samsung not by T-Mobile.

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I wonder... My service is through T-Mobile, so while visiting there last week, I spent $50 on the Note 7 S View cover. The official statement from Samsung says that they will refund the money for the phone and any accessories. I wonder if I can get a refund for the S-View case even though I didn't get the phone there.

Posted via the Android Central App

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000