10-12-2016 12:45 PM
2,848 ... 34567 ...
tools
    Question: what if I don't return my Note 7 in the next week or so? How about in a month from now? In other words, is there a due date by which I must turn in my Note 7 for a replacement? I'm aware of the risks involved, but let's just say I'm OK with it for now. Once they have the new ones out, will they still offer me the option to replace mine or do I have to send it in for repair and be without a phone during the said time?!
    No idea. Why wait?
    09-03-2016 08:37 AM
    According to official T-mobile they are saying you MUST do the return in store no matter how you purchased.

I wonder if this will change

http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=LsiIKDcg
    09-03-2016 08:37 AM
    So, if I return my N7 for an S7, tmo will exchange or refund all my N7 accessories
    Yes if you bought the accessories from TMO, they will.
    09-03-2016 08:38 AM
    Sorry. Didn't finish my thought on the rest of that last post. After moving the S7, I can keep the gift I got on promo for buying the N7 but if I just get a replacement N7 I get...nothing? Seems a tad bit weak to me. I guess a phone that doesn't explode is considered a perk these days. And here I thought that was supposed to be a standard option.
    Wait.. People got a gift from TMO buying the Note 7. If you return the Note 7 and go to the S7, TMO is allowing you to keep the gift.

So on top of getting a free, brand new phone, you want another gift from T-Mobile, who has nothing at all to do with the issue at hand?
    09-03-2016 08:40 AM
    I contacted t-mobile and they stated you would receive a text message with instructions....t-mobile also indicated that all phones will go to your local t-mobile store
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-03-2016 08:40 AM
    I'm not expecting another gift. It just seems tmo isn't doing anything other than what would be expected in this case while other carriers and Samsung are giving something for the inconvenience. I'm okay with getting an exchange and knowing my phone will be safe for the future. But to make this big ordeal on how much is being done in this instance seems a little too much.
    This is a Samsung issue, not a T-Mobile issue. T-Mobile is just working with Samsung to make things easier for their customers.

You should thank T-Mobile. They are stopping you from having to ship your phone off and wait for a phone to be sent to you.
    cert15z and pantlesspenguin like this.
    09-03-2016 08:42 AM
    I expect them to not throw their CSA and store associates to the masses without having some sort of plan for those that complain about this exchange. I'm not saying tmo is at fault.
    This is an unprecedented recall. No one has done this before. It is a learning curve.
    09-03-2016 08:43 AM
    I'm not expecting another gift. It just seems tmo isn't doing anything other than what would be expected in this case while other carriers and Samsung are giving something for the inconvenience. I'm okay with getting an exchange and knowing my phone will be safe for the future. But to make this big ordeal on how much is being done in this instance seems a little too much.
    If you can tell me exactly what T-Mobile did to cause a battery explode then I would agree with you. If you can't, you are own your own. T-Mobile is work with Samsung to get new devices out as soon as possible. That's all I expect from T-Mobile.
    09-03-2016 08:47 AM
    So the replacement schedule went from 1-2 weeks to 2-4 weeks (in the official email from T-Mobile)? Hopefully nothing blows up in the meantime.
    09-03-2016 09:07 AM
    So the replacement schedule went from 1-2 weeks to 2-4 weeks. Hopefully nothing blows up in the meantime.
    Who knows? I'm starting to check out other phones. I feel iffy about this whole recall.
    09-03-2016 09:09 AM
    Who knows? I'm starting to check out other phones. I feel iffy about this whole recall.
    Why would you feel iffy?
    09-03-2016 09:12 AM
    So the replacement schedule went from 1-2 weeks to 2-4 weeks (in the official email from T-Mobile)? Hopefully nothing blows up in the meantime.
    Honestly I'd feel better about getting a new note later rather than sooner to make sure it goes through thorough testing. I wouldn't want a fixed battery only to have a different problem arise due to rushing the phones to market.
    If the manufacturer date is being pushed out, then TMO might get with Samsung and look into loaners.
    Why would you feel iffy?
    Because if they made them defective the first time, who knows if they'll do it right the second time. This is the first time I've bought a phone with a non removable battery. I was iffy about doing that but I did it because I've had every single Note phone. Now with this issue I feel that it was a bad idea. Knowing the possibility of the replacement having issues too and not being able to just swap out the battery.
    09-03-2016 09:17 AM
    Because if they made them defective the first time, who knows if they'll do it right the second time. This is the first time I've bought a phone with a non removable battery. I was iffy about doing that but I did it because I've had every single Note phone. Now with this issue I feel that it was a bad idea. Knowing the possibility of the replacement having issues too and not being able to just swap out the battery.
    You have to be kidding me. Samsung didn't make them defective, the contractor had an issue with making the battery cells. Samsung identified the battery cell issue.

You want to tell me you think that will not be checked more than a patient in ICU with these replacements? Samsung isn't stupid, they are in the business to make money, not let defective phones be made over and over.
    Stealthieone likes this.
    09-03-2016 09:21 AM
    So when I go to return my note in store today, will I have to go without a phone for weeks..or will they let me use a temp phone?
    09-03-2016 09:38 AM
    So when I go to return my note in store today, will I have to go without a phone for weeks..or will they let me use a temp phone?
    T-Mobile isn't giving loaner phones. Only Sprint is. If you return it and don't have a back up you will be phone less.
    09-03-2016 09:39 AM
    If you turn it in today and don't have another phone, you may be without one. I haven't heard TMO is doing loaners.

There is the option of buying a phone, you have two weeks to return that one. Personally I would go to Best Buy, Walmart, etc and just buy a a cheap prepaid smartphone.

With a loaner or buying a new one, if anything happens to it, you are responsible.
    09-03-2016 09:40 AM
    Just got an email from TMO. They're giving us 3 options:
    1. Sign-up (with a link) to get notified when the new Note 7 is available.
    2. Switch to a new device.
    3. Get a full refund at ANY T-Mobile store.

I don't want any other phone so I just signed up to get notified. Hopefully I can switch to the blue one.
    I didn't get this email. Can you please post the link?
    angelh0809 likes this.
    09-03-2016 10:12 AM
    09-03-2016 10:14 AM
    I haven't turned my N5 in yet...I think it's due back the 5th or 6th I'm wondering if I can get that extended until the replacements come in case anything happens to my N7.
    Probably -- I feel like TMo has such great customer service that if you called or went into a store they would probably make some sort of exception.
    09-03-2016 10:18 AM
    Can you post the actual link that is in the email though? Thanks.
    09-03-2016 10:18 AM
    Can you post the actual link that is in the email though? Thanks.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/e?l...token=adJIVWE_
    09-03-2016 10:20 AM
    https:// explore.t-mobile.com/samsung-galaxy-note7-recall

I don't know why the url comes out like that but it's this just not with the spaces
    Stealthieone likes this.
    09-03-2016 10:21 AM
    I didn't get an email either. Does this mean they don't know that I have a Note 7?!
    09-03-2016 10:22 AM
2,848 ... 34567 ...