10-12-2016 12:45 PM
2,848 ... 5253545556 ...
tools
    Loaner came in. Any official word about what we're supposed to do with the Note7? Do we just hold onto it until the replacements are available or turn it in to a local store?
    09-14-2016 03:27 PM
    Loaner came in. Any official word about what we're supposed to do with the Note7? Do we just hold onto it until the replacements are available or turn it in to a local store?
    They told me to hold onto it and they will notify when the new units come in. Then you would return your loaner and old N7 for the new one.
    09-14-2016 03:29 PM
    For all of you with an S7 Edge replacement. I would be very careful if I were you with that device. The screen will shatter easily if dropped. I'm speaking from experience. We have had 3 in my household and 2 of them have shattered screens from drops. It would be a shame to have to pay for a screen replacement on a loaner. ($279 if you don't have insurance, $175 if you do).

One drop and this happened eventhough it was in a Unicorn Supcase .
    lv2bsilly likes this.
    So I have my new s7e and n7 charging side by side right now and the s7e is hotter than the n7. I know, I know. It's could happen at any moment and all that hoopla. Just want to stoke the "flames" of controversy.
    Yeah, this is actually the first thing I noticed. My Note 7 ran cool to the touch basically at all times, even after throwing it into the Gear VR for about 45 minutes. S7E gets hot when charging, no doubt.
    oldskoolstyle70 and jdfry15 like this.
    For all of you with an S7 Edge replacement. I would be very careful if I were you with that device. The screen will shatter easily if dropped. I'm speaking from experience. We have had 3 in my household and 2 of them have shattered screens from drops. It would be a shame to have to pay for a screen replacement on a loaner. ($279 if you don't have insurance, $175 if you do).
    The Note 7 screens were shattering left and right too, though. I think that just comes with having a curved display right now, until the technology gets better.
    09-14-2016 03:30 PM
    So I have my new s7e and n7 charging side by side right now and the s7e is hotter than the n7. I know, I know. It's could happen at any moment and all that hoopla. Just want to stoke the "flames" of controversy.
    My note 7 losses charge fast. Went to sleep with 80% and when I woke up the phone was dead. Something odd going on
    09-14-2016 03:32 PM
    They told me to hold onto it and they will notify when the new units come in. Then you would return your loaner and old N7 for the new one.
    Thanks.
    09-14-2016 03:39 PM
    Did it move last night?
    It was barely picked up.... maybe I'll get it tomorrow, it says UPS 2nd Air
    09-14-2016 03:48 PM
    The lady I spoke with told me to go to the store and get a loaner case for it.... if they don't want to give me one, I'll just buy it and take it back within 14 days, get a new one and take it back within 14 days, etc.. until my new N7 comes in.
    09-14-2016 03:51 PM
    Is it me or would you have thought some sort of press release would've come out today? Why is it they always seem to wait until Friday to do that?
    09-14-2016 04:02 PM
    I'm really surprised that everyone is still completely in the dark here. I really thought we would hear at least something by now. Somebody needs to make a statement, and soon.
    They pretty much have, at this point for the U.S. and Canada Samsung is working with the CPSC. They will provide them with updated Note 7's and the CPSC will review and test them. Once the CPSC has determined that the issue has been fixed they will give Samsung the go ahead to start shipping again. Until then it's a waiting game.
    09-14-2016 04:03 PM
    I'll make a full thread on it but returned my Note 7 and purchased an S7 edge. It took about an hour to process the entire return and there was no customers in the store luckily so I got out a bit sooner than I thought, plus I was purchasing a new device which took a bit longer. I went to a store almost 40 miles away. The staff there a lot more helpful to me and very polite unlike the only store near me with grouchy, arrogant employees.

The clerk told me they have had a lot of Note 7 returns especially when they first started accepting them he said they were slammed. He told me a lot of customers are choosing to hold onto their devices saying there is nothing wrong with them and not worried at all. Which is a bad move IMO especially even reading on this forum people having whacky battery issues now and heating up. He recommend that I turn it in.

Oh and I can get another gift too since I purchased the Edge. I'm getting the SD card this time.

Overall this phone will last until later in the spring or next fall depending on what the S8 Edge and next Note look like.

One thing is for certain I'm never doing the pre ordering again though and being an early adopter. I'm waiting about a month next time before I buy it.
    09-14-2016 04:09 PM
    They pretty much have, at this point for the U.S. and Canada Samsung is working with the CPSC. They will provide them with updated Note 7's and the CPSC will review and test them. Once the CPSC has determined that the issue has been fixed they will give Samsung the go ahead to start shipping again. Until then it's a waiting game.
    Thats just what everyone has been assuming is going on. Nobody knows for sure, as neither party has said for sure.
    09-14-2016 04:10 PM
    Oh and the clerk at the store said they have no new Note 7s in yet. He was hoping later this week according to their Samsung rep but that they wouldn't be able to sell them or anything anyways because the government has not given the okay for it.
    09-14-2016 04:11 PM
    I'll make a full thread on it but returned my Note 7 and purchased an S7 edge. It took about an hour to process the entire return and there was no customers in the store luckily so I got out a bit sooner than I thought, plus I was purchasing a new device which took a bit longer. I went to a store almost 40 miles away. The staff there a lot more helpful to me and very polite unlike the only store near me with grouchy, arrogant employees.

The clerk told me they have had a lot of Note 7 returns especially when they first started accepting them he said they were slammed. He told me a lot of customers are choosing to hold onto their devices saying there is nothing wrong with them and not worried at all. Which is a bad move IMO especially even reading on this forum people having whacky battery issues now and heating up. He recommend that I turn it in.

Oh and I can get another gift too since I purchased the Edge. I'm getting the SD card this time.

Overall this phone will last until later in the spring or next fall depending on what the S8 Edge and next Note look like.

One thing is for certain I'm never doing the pre ordering again though and being an early adopter. I'm waiting about a month next time before I buy it.
    Glad you finally switched. At least you can put that worry to bed now. I'm gonna wait it out and get the S8 next year.
    09-14-2016 04:17 PM
    Oh and the clerk at the store said they have no new Note 7s in yet. He was hoping later this week according to their Samsung rep but that they wouldn't be able to sell them or anything anyways because the government has not given the okay for it.
    I don't know why, but I have a feeling they honestly have no idea. An issue this large with this much visibility, we'd see a proper press release from Samsung on the availability.
    09-14-2016 04:24 PM
    I'll make a full thread on it but returned my Note 7 and purchased an S7 edge.
    Please use this thread as you did here. There is no need for a thread about a return / exchange when we have the carrier ones here. Thanks.
    09-14-2016 04:42 PM
    Maybe we should focus our energy on the CPSC. An email blitz might get some response and give us an idea on where it all stands.
    Averix likes this.
    09-14-2016 04:48 PM
    Thats just what everyone has been assuming is going on. Nobody knows for sure, as neither party has said for sure.
    Actually it is what's going on Samsung Rushes to Contain Fallout From Galaxy Note 7 Recall - WSJ
    ajb1965 likes this.
    09-14-2016 05:03 PM
    Nobody has made any formal announcement is my point. CPSC has made no announcement since they were first introduced into this on Friday last week.
    09-14-2016 05:24 PM
    Btw Amazon is selling the Edge Defenders again. 36 bucks in stock! just ordered one. All the stores around here are out of it and Verizon rep told me it won't even let them order it. Best Buy all out of stock too or I'd have them price match. Might want to jump on this deal. The Defender for the Edge all the stores tell me is a popular case. I guess Otterbox doesn't make many of them.

Also you guys wanting to return the Note 7 to purchase an S7 Edge it seems stock is running low too. The only store near me did not have any in right now and the store I went to 35 miles away only had two left. Some who returned the Note 7 are getting edges the rep said. Just a heads up might want to act before more people go to the Edge.
    09-14-2016 05:30 PM
    Btw Amazon is selling the Edge Defenders again. 36 bucks in stock! just ordered one. All the stores around here are out of it and Verizon rep told me it won't even let them order it. Best Buy all out of stock too or I'd have them price match. Might want to jump on this deal. The Defender for the Edge all the stores tell me is a popular case. I guess Otterbox doesn't make many of them.

Also you guys wanting to return the Note 7 to purchase an S7 Edge it seems stock is running low too. The only store near me did not have any in right now and the store I went to 35 miles away only had two left. Some who returned the Note 7 are getting edges the rep said. Just a heads up might want to act before more people go to the Edge.
    What color did you end up with? I was disappointed to find that it apparently doesn't come in black, which I had with my N7. I got the S7E in silver.
    09-14-2016 05:44 PM
    What color did you end up with? I was disappointed to find that it apparently doesn't come in black, which I had with my N7. I got the S7E in silver.
    I got the black. Only two they had so I had no choice. Website doesn't even offer black right now for shipping estimates just gold and silver. probably everyone bought all the blacks up. Mine was made in May 2016. I get to double dip and get another gift too!
    09-14-2016 05:50 PM

Swap them out now while you have the chance.

http://www.phonedog.com/2016/09/13/s...rge-60-percent
    09-14-2016 05:54 PM
    I'm from Philadelphia, I went into a T-Mobile store thinking I could do the exchange process to turn in my Note 7 and get a loaner S7 Edge while I wait for the safe Note 7s to come out, as advised numerous times in Samsung emails and push notifications. The T-Mobile store rep said they were no longer doing the process at the store level and gave me a hotline number to call. So I called and talked to the rep, she was going to send me a loaner S7 Edge and once I received it, I would return my Note 7 for a full refund. They would let me know when the safe units are available to reorder and once they are I would have to place a brand new order and send back my loaner. Today I called and they said they wanted me to hold onto the Note 7 for now. What is going on?! This is just getting crazier and crazier. Can't believe the FAA got involved, I was traveling and was told not to use my Note 7 on the aircraft...
    09-14-2016 06:10 PM
2,848 ... 5253545556 ...