10-12-2016 12:45 PM
2,848 ... 5354555657 ...
tools
    I went against the grain and have an LG G5 loaner coming. I came from the S7 Edge, and didn't want to go back to that phone. Also, if I happen to damage or lose the 'loaner' I wouldn't be liable for a $900 S7 Edge, but rather a $500 G5.
    how do you like it? I was thinking of going this route as well just for something different.
    09-14-2016 06:20 PM
    Btw Amazon is selling the Edge Defenders again. 36 bucks in stock! just ordered one. All the stores around here are out of it and Verizon rep told me it won't even let them order it. Best Buy all out of stock too or I'd have them price match. Might want to jump on this deal. The Defender for the Edge all the stores tell me is a popular case. I guess Otterbox doesn't make many of them.
    They won't let them order it since they were recalled because they were damaging the S7 Edge. If they find out that you were able to get one they may send you an email or text message requesting you send it back in for replacement with a similar case, like a Commuter or something.
    I'm kidding. Couldn't resist.
    09-14-2016 06:32 PM
    I got the black. Only two they had so I had no choice. Website doesn't even offer black right now for shipping estimates just gold and silver. probably everyone bought all the blacks up. Mine was made in May 2016. I get to double dip and get another gift too!
    Wait they do have black? Dang! They told me it doesn't even come in black. That's disappointing
    09-14-2016 06:32 PM
    Wait they do have black? Dang! They told me it doesn't even come in black. That's disappointing
    09-14-2016 06:36 PM
    Well, phooie
    09-14-2016 06:44 PM
    They won't let them order it since they were recalled because they were damaging the S7 Edge. If they find out that you were able to get one they may send you an email or text message requesting you send it back in for replacement with a similar case, like a Commuter or something.
    I'm kidding. Couldn't resist.
    ha. Seriously though I did hear about issues with touch sensitivity with the screen protector and that they were redoing it and that is why they were so hard to find. I hope the amazon one is a revised unit. If not it goes back and I'll have to find something else. I'm using a Supcase Unicorn Beetle on the Edge. Just like the Note 7. Doesn't offer good side protection and much shock absorption. Hope my Defender is here on Friday! I really wish tech 21 made the XT case for the Edge but they only make it for like 3 phones.
    09-14-2016 06:51 PM
    I have no idea what case to get. I have the Samsung Led wallet case that I use for going out but I'd like something else too for every other time. I don't like bulky cases or cases that are hard to take off and put on, as I use my gear vr a lot.
    09-14-2016 06:58 PM
    I have no idea what case to get. I have the Samsung Led wallet case that I use for going out but I'd like something else too for every other time. I don't like bulky cases or cases that are hard to take off and put on, as I use my gear vr a lot.
    Are you going to return it in a couple months if they re-launch the Note or will you just wait until the spring to see what the Edge 8 offers?
    09-14-2016 07:22 PM
    Are you going to return it in a couple months if they re-launch the Note or will you just wait until the spring to see what the Edge 8 offers?
    I am not sure. Most likely I will just stick it out until the S8 comes out.
    09-14-2016 07:44 PM
    I finally called and got edge replacements for our 3 lines. I also got them to throw in some cases and notate my account that they will accept them if any damage occurs to them while we wait for the replacement note 7s.
    09-14-2016 08:17 PM
    Hey bro, are you firm on your account of replacement dates? That would be tomorrow. I love this Note 7 more than any device I've previously owned. It's phenomenal. Rolling the dice and holding out until I can swap one for one.
    09-14-2016 08:24 PM
    If I get any message from T-Mobile stating to go to the store to pick up my replacement...I will leave work right away no question since I want to have choice of color...when are these replacements coming?...definitely keeping my charger and earphones...it will be nice to have two usb-C chargers...if they have any issues with keeping the charger I will have a old charger ready for them with usb 2.0 and I bet they will never notice....
    They usually don't, any time I've returned phones or tablets to T-mobile or Sprint neither have asked for the chargers back. When I jumped on my Note 4 to Note 5 the sales clerk asked me if I wanted to keep my s-pen, which surprised me.
    09-14-2016 09:37 PM
    Exchanged a family member's blue coral Note 7 for a gold S7 Edge in-store today. They're quite happy with it, and find it to basically be the same phone minus the S-Pen. I found it to be the same experience when I had an S7 Edge as well. The S7 Edge is also a little more stable, with fewer crashes. Some people never notice a crash on their Note 7, it really just depends on what apps you use. Whatsapp for instance does crash on occasion. Noticed that on two separate Note 7s. Luckily all the bugs have already been removed on the S7 Edge through updates that the Note 7 hasn't received yet due to the recall.
    09-14-2016 10:16 PM
    For whatever reason that Samsung decides at the last minute not to send out replacement phones what do we do with N7 we already have? Can they actually make us send them back? Especially the ones who already paid in full for them. I really enjoyed my S7E but have enjoyed my N7 a bit more. My S7E loaner should be here early next week. Just a thought.
    09-14-2016 11:51 PM
    For whatever reason that Samsung decides at the last minute not to send out replacement phones what do we do with N7 we already have? Can they actually make us send them back? Especially the ones who already paid in full for them. I really enjoyed my S7E but have enjoyed my N7 a bit more. My S7E loaner should be here early next week. Just a thought.
    Why wouldn't you exchange it for a good one?
    09-15-2016 05:59 AM
    For whatever reason th.at Samsung decides at the last minute not to send out replacement phones what do we do with N7 we already have? Can they actually make us send them back? Especially the ones who already paid in full for them. I really enjoyed my S7E but have enjoyed my N7 a bit more. My S7E loaner should be here early next week. Just a thought.
    It might just be a rumor, but I heard that after Sept 30 or 31st, Samsung will REMOTELY KILL ALL OUTSTANDING BAD BATTERY NOTE .7s. Past that date,all outstanding un returned phones will be door weights.
    09-15-2016 07:10 AM
    It might just be a rumor, but I heard that after Sept 30 or 31st, Samsung will REMOTELY KILL ALL OUTSTANDING BAD BATTERY NOTE .7s. Past that date,all outstanding un returned phones will be door weights.
    I've been noticing lately I've been getting very bad battery life battery drains quickly and anywhere under 15% the phone automatically dies and it runs very hot
    09-15-2016 07:13 AM
    Highly doubt this is true.
    09-15-2016 07:55 AM
    Highly doubt this is true.
    My co-worker was telling me this morning he went into a T-Mobile store and they told him replacement devices should be available in a few days let's see
    09-15-2016 07:57 AM
    I think this all depends on what the CPSC finds in their test.

If its that bad and we keep seeing these reports of fires, there is no doubt the CPSC CAN MAKE carriers block IMEI's. This would be down the road like couple of months from now. But they government can absolutely tell carriers to block. Would have to be done by carriers not Samsung.
    09-15-2016 08:05 AM
    My co-worker was telling me this morning he went into a T-Mobile store and they told him replacement devices should be available in a few days let's see
    Unless we hear from the CPSC this week dont count on it.
    09-15-2016 08:05 AM
    My S7 is on the delivery truck today. *sigh* I already miss my Note 7 I really hope the replacements come out sooner than October or December...
    09-15-2016 08:25 AM
    In a tmobile chat this morning, I was told by a rep that I would have to pay any associated tax/down payment on the replacement Note 7 when it's available. Has anyone else heard this?
    09-15-2016 08:26 AM
    In a tmobile chat this morning, I was told by a rep that I would have to pay any associated tax/down payment on the replacement Note 7 when it's available. Has anyone else heard this?
    I think that would be true if you did a full return and refund. If you've only gone the loaner route and still have your N7, I can't see how they could charge you since at that point you would be doing an exchange.

There isn't a clear channel of or for information which is what is making it all so confusing.
    09-15-2016 08:31 AM
    I returned the note 7 in store as soon as I heard about the recall. I wish I would've gone the route of loaner through the mail. At any rate I grabbed a note 5 loaner while there for now.
    09-15-2016 08:33 AM
2,848 ... 5354555657 ...