T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
True, but they may also feel like people are trying to take advantage of a bad situation and costing them more money. I mean I'm assuming everyone already cashed in on the promo for the Note 7 and if you got the micros SD card that was worth $240ish as it is. I'm just saying I wouldn't be surprised.

tripleblaze

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site
...Then only thing I'm curious about is if you claim these promotional gifts does that signal to their system that you decided to keep the loaner instead of wanting a Note 7 replacement. In one of the emails from T-Mobile it said "We'll ship you any device of your choice in our inventory with free next business day shipping. You can keep it or use it as a "loaner" until the new Note 7 is available." Since you have to enter the IMEI, Mac Address, your name, carrier, shipping address and so on, I would think that would indicate to them that you are planning on keeping the device since you have basically claimed the IMEI number. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if that's the case and they could easily argue it or require that you pay for the VR or return it since the S7 is a loaner and you did not purchase it.

I doubt that redeeming the promo will "signal" anything. The promo is redeemed through Samsung, not T-mobile... so unless Samsung makes a point to provide T-mobile with a list of people that have redeemed the promo I don't see why it would even be on T-mobile's radar. We are able to redeem promos on jump/JOD/leased phones that we don't technically own... so what is the difference here? Surprising people who have redeemed promos on their loaner phone (that they had to sign EIPs for no less) with news that they must now pay for the loaner would also not do nice things for T-mobile or Samsung's reputations in a already difficult situation.
Once again though, like so many things in this recall ordeal, all that we can do is speculate at this point.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
So I got my "Thank you for your Order" email at 9 AM CST with the order number and link to check order progress on My Tmobile. I log on to MyTmobile, and it doesn't show up. Something I should be concerned about, or do I need to give it some time?

I got the same email yesterday when I placed my order and I have the same status on T-Mobile, just need to give them a little time as I'm sure they are swamped with issuing loaners.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I thought about that as well. Not sure what happens if we claim the promotion on a loaner phone.
There were plenty of people that returned the Note 7 before the 14 day buyers remorse period was over and already had their promo in hand. I think I had mine in 9 days. Nothing Samsung can do. Once they approve the promo I think that's it. I doubt there is any checking with carriers to see if it was returned, etc.

Ca_lvn

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
There were plenty of people that returned the Note 7 before the 14 day buyers remorse period was over and already had their promo in hand. I think I had mine in 9 days. Nothing Samsung can do. Once they approve the promo I think that's it. I doubt there is any checking with carriers to see if it was returned, etc.
Im still waiting for my orginal promo from the 7 to ship been approved since the 22nd of august

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
So I got my "Thank you for your Order" email at 9 AM CST with the order number and link to check order progress on My Tmobile. I log on to MyTmobile, and it doesn't show up. Something I should be concerned about, or do I need to give it some time?
Check the app if you have it set up. Mine still doesn't show up on the web even though it's out for delivery today.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site

That does make sense, didn't think of it that way.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I was surprised today when I opened a tmobile chat window to discuss my account. I told them I returned the note 7 in store on Saturday and asked for the Note 5. I got my refund on the Note 7 down payment and got the note 5 no up front cost. I checked today and still saw the Note 7 EIP so I did the chat. They informed me my.Note 5 was a temp replacement and that I will be notified when the replacement Note 7 is in. There will be no cost involved for me.to exchange the now Note 5 for the replacement Note 7. They said if I wanted to make the Note 5 a permanent replacement that I'd need to go back to the store and request that. Then they would change the eip to the lower cost Note 5. Since this appears to be the case, I may opt for getting the Note 7 when replacements are available.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
So any word today on when replacement Note 7s will come in? Should I just say heck with it and buy an S7 edge? What should I do? how much longer will we have to wait?

Che Minati

May 11, 2014
Visit site
So any word today on when replacement Note 7s will come in? Should I just say heck with it and buy an S7 edge? What should I do? how much longer will we have to wait?

I posted this on here yesterday but it got lost in the recall hoopla,My Corp tmobile store instructed me to keep my Note 7 because Sept 16th they will get the fresh batch to swap out in store I'm in houston/katy texas.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I posted this on here yesterday but it got lost in the recall hoopla,My Corp tmobile store instructed me to keep my Note 7 because Sept 16th they will get the fresh batch to swap out in store I'm in houston/katy texas.
This is entirely possible but it is extremely unlikely that T-Mobile could know what the CPSC plans to do.

tripleblaze

Mar 20, 2016
Visit site

I would take that date with a grain of salt. If T-mobile truly knew when the new Notes are showing up, why would they continue processing loaner requests?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scout13fox