10-12-2016 12:45 PM
2,848 ... 6162636465 ...
tools
    Has anyone checked their local T-Mobile stores for replacements (considering Sprint stores and Best Buys are getting theirs already)?
    09-18-2016 12:29 PM
    Has anyone checked their local T-Mobile stores for replacements (considering Sprint stores and Best Buys are getting theirs already)?
    I returned my Note 7 yesterday so I could get my down payment and monthly payment refunded and the rep had to call customer care to get my lease wiped. While on the phone he said he would deal with Tuesday once it got here and just wanted this iPhone launch weekend over. I'm guessing Tuesday was when he was expecting replacement phones. I guess I will see if I get a text. Although T-Force told me they are shipping me a replacement.
    msm0511 likes this.
    09-18-2016 12:44 PM
    I was at T-mobile in Colorado Springs yesterday to return the Note 5 that I had upgraded from.

No signs of replacement phones there yet. No Note7 on display on the usual mount.

You will probably see those displays set up first to indicate that the stores have been given approval to start selling or exchanging the phones again.
    09-18-2016 12:44 PM
    Called all of the tmobile stores in Jacksonville Florida and none had any yet. Gonna call again on Tuesday.
    09-18-2016 01:38 PM
    Hold on.. so comfirmed replacements are on the move this week?

Edit: I just spoke with a rep from the recall hotline and she informed me that the loaner phones should be available by the 28th, they were pushed back this morning. 1-844-275-9309
    09-18-2016 01:59 PM
    Hold on.. so comfirmed replacements are on the move this week?
    They're set for "no later than September, 21," so I imagine they're moving now.
    09-18-2016 02:10 PM
    Tampa T Mobile has none. Checked today.
    09-18-2016 02:42 PM
    They're set for "no later than September, 21," so I imagine they're moving now.
    according to the rep i just spoke with, it was lushed back to the 28th now.
    09-18-2016 02:47 PM
    I have zero trust in reps.
    09-18-2016 02:49 PM
    I have zero trust in reps.
    Alot of people say that but this rep seemed very knowledgable. I do hope she is wrong because im using my old GS6 in the mean time, I miss my Note 7.
    09-18-2016 03:03 PM
    When I was in twitter to tmo, they said the 21st will start exchanges for existing N7 folks and the 28th will "hopefully" start for new purchases.
    09-18-2016 03:33 PM
    When I was in twitter to tmo, they said the 21st will start exchanges for existing N7 folks and the 28th will "hopefully" start for new purchases.
    I think this is going to be based on the store and location. Where I'm from, the only Tmobile store near me is a very slow, and they even said they haven't had hardly anyone come in to do a Note exchange/return. I imagine people will be able to find somewhere to do a purchase starting on Wednesday.
    debdroid1a likes this.
    09-18-2016 03:46 PM
    By "exchanges," is that referring to people who opted to get a loaner? I outright returned mine with the intention of re-purchasing a Note 7. If I have to wait longer just because I returned my original (as obviously recommended by Samsung), that's when I'll get loud.
    amyf27 and jeffg9 like this.
    09-18-2016 04:04 PM
    I think this is going to be based on the store and location. Where I'm from, the only Tmobile store near me is a very slow, and they even said they haven't had hardly anyone come in to do a Note exchange/return. I imagine people will be able to find somewhere to do a purchase starting on Wednesday.
    My local store has about 15 that they've had turned in they are also saying the 21st
    09-18-2016 04:10 PM
    By "exchanges," is that referring to people who opted to get a loaner? I outright returned mine with the intention of re-purchasing a Note 7. If I have to wait longer just because I returned my original (as obviously recommended by Samsung), that's when I'll get loud.
    If you returned, just make sure there are notes on your account stating you would be eligible to get the replacement N7. I wouldn't count on the store being able to pull the phone history on your account to confirm you had one. Proactive before Wednesday will be the key. If you have twitter I would reach out to them there. Calling in mat be hit or miss depending on who is on the other end of the phone.
    jamesrick80 likes this.
    09-18-2016 04:13 PM
    Samsung said the 21st.
    I think someone would catch a lot of flack if they decided they were pushing their date back.
    09-18-2016 05:50 PM
    I have a a twitter message telling me that it would be the same date. I don't think they will sit on phones when they could sell them. Makes no sense to me.
    09-18-2016 05:52 PM
    I stopped by the Tmo store at the Brandon, FL mall. And they are all saying the same "September 21st". So, until then, I will continue to enjoy owning THE MOST DANGEROUS PHONE IN THE WORLD!

I got the FREE 256GB card in the other day and have all my files backed up on it, so when I swap out, it should be pretty painless.
    09-18-2016 05:56 PM
    I have a T-Mobile chat transcript as well as T Force confirm that I will be able to do a swap from my Edge exchange back to the Note 7 on Wednesday so even if they reps at the store try to give me hell (which wouldn't surprise me at all) I think I have enough support to come out on top. The only real negative about T-Mobile is their store reps. I've had a few good ones but most are lousy and are just in it for themselves and their commission.
    09-18-2016 06:04 PM
    I've had mixed experiences as well at both corporate-owned stores as well as third-party retailers. I've narrowed down which ones I avoid.
    09-18-2016 06:18 PM
    I have a T-Mobile chat transcript as well as T Force confirm that I will be able to do a swap from my Edge exchange back to the Note 7 on Wednesday so even if they reps at the store try to give me hell (which wouldn't surprise me at all) I think I have enough support to come out on top. The only real negative about T-Mobile is their store reps. I've had a few good ones but most are lousy and are just in it for themselves and their commission.
    Agreed. Unless you get a manager, they're all pretty clueless to their procedures. Maybe I'll try to get someone on twitter on the 21st to just order one again. The reps in the store state that it's more difficult on them if you buy online, then try to get service in the stores. Now that I think about it, the only reason I even went to the retail store is because we were told to return their. If there is a next time, I think I'll take whatever option that keeps me out of their stores.
    amyf27 likes this.
    09-18-2016 06:21 PM
    I got this response on 9/13. It even mentions the store will put me on a list. Ha! They don't have a list.

09-18-2016 06:24 PM
    Agreed. Unless you get a manager, they're all pretty clueless to their procedures. Maybe I'll try to get someone on twitter on the 21st to just order one again. The reps in the store state that it's more difficult on them if you buy online, then try to get service in the stores. Now that I think about it, the only reason I even went to the retail store is because we were told to return their. If there is a next time, I think I'll take whatever option that keeps me out of their stores.
    Tmobile imo kind of boxed themselves into a problem when they added the option to get a loaner S7 Edge several days AFTER they kept pressuring us to come in and just do a flat out exchange. It really doesn't seem fair that those (like me) that were proactive to participate in the recall potentially got a very short end of the stick here...so, I think a lot of stores will be making "exceptions" for customers who put their foot down...which is what I will be doing if I have to. Insert Rick Grimes "Ehhh...that deal's not gonna work for us."
    09-18-2016 06:55 PM
    Call me crazy, but didn't they take down the Note 7 page for the recall? Now it's up and you can order one.

Edit: Conversely, Verizon's Note 7 page says "temporarily out of stock"
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=8s4GSr5b
    09-19-2016 12:53 AM
    I got this response on 9/13. It even mentions the store will put me on a list. Ha! They don't have a list.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...916731bc47.jpg
    Did you notice, he did a double talk. Said you'd be on a list, but on the last line that doing an exchange won't grant you a priory.
    09-19-2016 02:56 AM
2,848 ... 6162636465 ...