T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

THRILLHOUSE_ATX

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
I went against the grain and have an LG G5 loaner coming. I came from the S7 Edge, and didn't want to go back to that phone. Also, if I happen to damage or lose the 'loaner' I wouldn't be liable for a $900 S7 Edge, but rather a $500 G5.

I almost did a G5, but thought it would be easiest to just stick with Samsung since I plan on going back to the Note when it's ready again.

My last phone was a G4, and had to turn that phone in after it got the bootloader issue. So I'm not on a good streak in picking out phones lately.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm really surprised that everyone is still completely in the dark here. I really thought we would hear at least something by now. Somebody needs to make a statement, and soon.

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
So I have my new s7e and n7 charging side by side right now and the s7e is hotter than the n7. I know, I know. It's could happen at any moment and all that hoopla. Just want to stoke the "flames" of controversy.

Treonday

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Loaner came in. Any official word about what we're supposed to do with the Note7? Do we just hold onto it until the replacements are available or turn it in to a local store?

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Loaner came in. Any official word about what we're supposed to do with the Note7? Do we just hold onto it until the replacements are available or turn it in to a local store?

They told me to hold onto it and they will notify when the new units come in. Then you would return your loaner and old N7 for the new one.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
For all of you with an S7 Edge replacement. I would be very careful if I were you with that device. The screen will shatter easily if dropped. I'm speaking from experience. We have had 3 in my household and 2 of them have shattered screens from drops. It would be a shame to have to pay for a screen replacement on a loaner. ($279 if you don't have insurance, $175 if you do).

One drop and this happened eventhough it was in a Unicorn Supcase .
9b630ba20f238394fe824ae838a9e354.jpg

Last edited:

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
So I have my new s7e and n7 charging side by side right now and the s7e is hotter than the n7. I know, I know. It's could happen at any moment and all that hoopla. Just want to stoke the "flames" of controversy.

Yeah, this is actually the first thing I noticed. My Note 7 ran cool to the touch basically at all times, even after throwing it into the Gear VR for about 45 minutes. S7E gets hot when charging, no doubt.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
For all of you with an S7 Edge replacement. I would be very careful if I were you with that device. The screen will shatter easily if dropped. I'm speaking from experience. We have had 3 in my household and 2 of them have shattered screens from drops. It would be a shame to have to pay for a screen replacement on a loaner. ($279 if you don't have insurance, $175 if you do).

The Note 7 screens were shattering left and right too, though. I think that just comes with having a curved display right now, until the technology gets better.

Victor Hernandez Jr

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site

My note 7 losses charge fast. Went to sleep with 80% and when I woke up the phone was dead. Something odd going on

Dimas de Leon

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site

The lady I spoke with told me to go to the store and get a loaner case for it.... if they don't want to give me one, I'll just buy it and take it back within 14 days, get a new one and take it back within 14 days, etc.. until my new N7 comes in.

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm really surprised that everyone is still completely in the dark here. I really thought we would hear at least something by now. Somebody needs to make a statement, and soon.

They pretty much have, at this point for the U.S. and Canada Samsung is working with the CPSC. They will provide them with updated Note 7's and the CPSC will review and test them. Once the CPSC has determined that the issue has been fixed they will give Samsung the go ahead to start shipping again. Until then it's a waiting game.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I'll make a full thread on it but returned my Note 7 and purchased an S7 edge. It took about an hour to process the entire return and there was no customers in the store luckily so I got out a bit sooner than I thought, plus I was purchasing a new device which took a bit longer. I went to a store almost 40 miles away. The staff there a lot more helpful to me and very polite unlike the only store near me with grouchy, arrogant employees.

The clerk told me they have had a lot of Note 7 returns especially when they first started accepting them he said they were slammed. He told me a lot of customers are choosing to hold onto their devices saying there is nothing wrong with them and not worried at all. Which is a bad move IMO especially even reading on this forum people having whacky battery issues now and heating up. He recommend that I turn it in.

Oh and I can get another gift too since I purchased the Edge. I'm getting the SD card this time.

Overall this phone will last until later in the spring or next fall depending on what the S8 Edge and next Note look like.

One thing is for certain I'm never doing the pre ordering again though and being an early adopter. I'm waiting about a month next time before I buy it.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
They pretty much have, at this point for the U.S. and Canada Samsung is working with the CPSC. They will provide them with updated Note 7's and the CPSC will review and test them. Once the CPSC has determined that the issue has been fixed they will give Samsung the go ahead to start shipping again. Until then it's a waiting game.

Thats just what everyone has been assuming is going on. Nobody knows for sure, as neither party has said for sure.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Oh and the clerk at the store said they have no new Note 7s in yet. He was hoping later this week according to their Samsung rep but that they wouldn't be able to sell them or anything anyways because the government has not given the okay for it.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I'll make a full thread on it but returned my Note 7 and purchased an S7 edge. It took about an hour to process the entire return and there was no customers in the store luckily so I got out a bit sooner than I thought, plus I was purchasing a new device which took a bit longer. I went to a store almost 40 miles away. The staff there a lot more helpful to me and very polite unlike the only store near me with grouchy, arrogant employees.

The clerk told me they have had a lot of Note 7 returns especially when they first started accepting them he said they were slammed. He told me a lot of customers are choosing to hold onto their devices saying there is nothing wrong with them and not worried at all. Which is a bad move IMO especially even reading on this forum people having whacky battery issues now and heating up. He recommend that I turn it in.

Oh and I can get another gift too since I purchased the Edge. I'm getting the SD card this time.

Overall this phone will last until later in the spring or next fall depending on what the S8 Edge and next Note look like.

One thing is for certain I'm never doing the pre ordering again though and being an early adopter. I'm waiting about a month next time before I buy it.
Glad you finally switched. At least you can put that worry to bed now. I'm gonna wait it out and get the S8 next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781