10-12-2016 12:45 PM
2,848 ... 6869707172 ...
tools
    From a business standpoint I understand. They don't know how many people are going to come in any given day and ask for an exchange. In theory, everyone should have returned their phone or gotten a loaner phone. I sent mine back for full refund to see what apple released. Wasn't impressed and hopeful to purchase a new note on Wednesday. The entire process has not been handled the best, don't know if that is the carriers fault or samsungs fault or a little of both.
    My.one local store said they wouldn't have the iPhone 7 plus for a month.
    09-20-2016 04:24 AM
    Does anyone know for those who have "loaners" if we will get hit with a restocking fee when we turn these in to get the new note 7??
    No restocking fee. That was confirmed by my local tmobile and the Tmobile online repz
    09-20-2016 04:27 AM
    Yeah 25 bucks was WEEEAK!!
    $25, free loaner, and full refund on whatever you paid toward the first N7, and the promo gift (watch, SD card, Netflix).
    ajb1965 likes this.
    09-20-2016 04:28 AM
    $25, free loaner, and full refund on whatever you paid toward the first N7, and the promo gift (watch, SD card, Netflix).
    Not enough, should of offer the replacement devices at a discount
    TheDonJ77 likes this.
    09-20-2016 05:55 AM
    That would be nice too, but it was still something. Persoally I'd be thrilled if I could just get it for 0 down 0 taxes by swapping my loaner note 5 for it.
    lsmith9523 likes this.
    09-20-2016 05:57 AM
    That would be nice too, but it was still something. Persoally I'd be thrilled if I could just get it for 0 down 0 taxes by swapping my loaner note 5 for it.
    I have a feeling Samsung will look out for the loyal ones who stood, it's only right
    lsmith9523 likes this.
    09-20-2016 06:47 AM
    Doubt it. They'll more than likely run some type of promo to pull in customers. I see a lot of BOGO offers coming in the next month or two with a free VR headset. Loyal customers who towed the line will be left in the dark. Well they might give you another $25 to spend in their app store.

If I was Samsung I'd be looking to move on to the S8 as fast as possible or praying the iPhone has some major flaw that takes the headlines off me.
    09-20-2016 06:55 AM

If I was Samsung I'd be looking to move on to the S8 as fast as possible or praying the iPhone has some major flaw that takes the headlines off me.
    Agree.

They're getting the word out. My local morning news talked about replacements. So they're working on getting positives out.

Anyone going to try today or just wait one more day?
    09-20-2016 06:58 AM
    So I just spoke to the manager at the corporate T-Mobile store in Orlando. What they are doing is selling and replacing phones on tomorrow. They have a certain amount for people that never exchanged the note 7, a certain amount for people that have a loaner, and a certain amount for new sales. He said that the amount set aside for the people that still have the note is much higher than the other ones which is understandable.
    09-20-2016 06:59 AM
    You weren't by chance at the Collegeville, PA location when you returned your Note 7?
    Collegeville store pissed me off so bad last week that I don't even want to go back there to get a new one when they come in.
    09-20-2016 07:02 AM
    So I just spoke to the manager at the corporate T-Mobile store in Orlando. What they are doing is selling and replacing phones on tomorrow. They have a certain amount for people that never exchanged the note 7, a certain amount for people that have a loaner, and a certain amount for new sales. He said that the amount set aside for the people that still have the note is much higher than the other ones which is understandable.
    Except this poll says only 18% of those who went for iPhones are coming back. Sure it's a bit skewed, but they'll have tons they will sale that were reserved. Give them a few days for those and they'll sell them to anyone who walks in.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=726181
    Plus count those who have other loaners who aren't coming back.
    09-20-2016 07:04 AM
    Collegeville store pissed me off so bad last week that I don't even want to go back there to get a new one when they come in.
    What sucks is going into the other forums I see AT&T and other carriers already swapping out devices to customers T-Mobile needs to get their act together this is getting a little frustrated. I spoke to a T-Mobile store in my area over here in New York and they told me tomorrow they will have devices and supposedly they're holding me a coral blue let's see..
    09-20-2016 07:06 AM
    Except this poll says only 18% of those who went for iPhones are coming back. Sure it's a bit skewed, but they'll have tons they will sale that were reserved. Give them a few days for those and they'll sell them to anyone who walks in.
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=726181
    Plus count those who have other loaners who aren't coming back.
    I was one of them I have an iPhone 7 plus coming to me but I cancel my order over the weekend
    09-20-2016 07:07 AM
    I have a feeling Samsung will look out for the loyal ones who stood, it's only right
    I was one of them I have an iPhone 7 plus coming to me but I cancel my order over the weekend
    So, you're not that loyal to Samsung. You'll jump ship if need be. Hmmm. I never even considered the iPhone. Never ordered one in my life.
    TheDonJ77 likes this.
    09-20-2016 07:10 AM
    So, you're not that loyal to Samsung. You'll jump ship if need be. Hmmm. I never even considered the iPhone. Never ordered one in my life.
    It was offered to me by T-Mobile customer service at a discounted price I took the offer but I did cancel my order, at the time I made my order Samsung T-Mobile didn't have the details of Replacements coming out anytime soon I was frustrated like many other people and being loyal to a brand I am to a certain extent but when my life is in danger especially having a cell phone charging and having a pregnant girlfriend around I have to look at other resources
    09-20-2016 07:12 AM
    It was offered to me by T-Mobile customer service at a discounted price I took the offer but I did cancel my order, at the time I made my order Samsung T-Mobile didn't have the details of Replacements coming out anytime soon I was frustrated like many other people and being loyal to a brand I am to a certain extent but when my life is in danger especially having a cell phone charging and having a pregnant girlfriend around I have to look at other resources
    I hadn't ordered the iPhone but I did order and S6 Edge Plus before it had a date update on The note7 Replacements I tried to cancel before it shipped it was too late but they allowed me to return it for no fee which I did
    debdroid1a likes this.
    09-20-2016 07:25 AM
    I hadn't ordered the iPhone but I did order and S6 Edge Plus before it had a date update on The note7 Replacements I tried to cancel before it shipped it was too late but they allowed me to return it for no fee which I did
    Well for me it's different iPhone 7 plus is so backed order it's not estimate to get shipped to me to me at the time around mid-october so I was able to cancel my order
    09-20-2016 07:26 AM
    Well for me it's different iPhone 7 plus is so backed order it's not estimate to get shipped to me to me at the time around mid-october so I was able to cancel my order
    I even asked our local T-Mobile stores the one anyway and they said the iphone7 plus won't be in stock for about a month
    09-20-2016 07:28 AM
    I can wait one more day. As long as they have them in tomorrow and I can walk out with my new Note 7 and be over this mess we'll be good to go. And I'm sitting out for the S8 most likely. I've had enough of dealing with upgrades and retail stores for a little while
    09-20-2016 07:28 AM
    I can tell you this right now, If T-mobile makes us all have to go to stores to do these trade ins it will be absolutely complete chaos.

You will have stores that will be selling and replacing at the same time. One person comes in buys the note 7 for first time person behind him trading in old note 7 but nope no more left. Will be insane.

It has to be one of the other. If stores are getting new stock in then they must be calling people who still have their note 7 to trade in. They CAN NOT be selling and doing trade-ins at the same time. They wont have enough stock. (unless ALL stores are getting massive amounts of new shipments)
    09-20-2016 07:29 AM
    Not trying to be the moral police here, but ordering loaner phones for the sole purpose of getting a free VR to me seems like outright fraud. If you ordered a loaner phone and never intended or needed one to use, why get one? That program was put in place for people who did not have a backup phone and wanted to stop using their Note7. Not sure if Samsung has any safeguards in place to avoid things like this. You would think at least they would be able to verify if a phone was never activated. Otherwise, all anyone would need to do was grab information from the outside of any retail box.
    I understand some people feel like they are entitled to some extra gift due to this whole fiasco and that's how they justify it in their minds. To me, it just seems like very shady.
    debdroid1a and Bianca Horkan like this.
    09-20-2016 07:32 AM
    I can tell you this right now, If T-mobile makes us all have to go to stores to do these trade ins it will be absolutely complete chaos.

You will have stores that will be selling and replacing at the same time. One person comes in buys the note 7 for first time person behind him trading in old note 7 but nope no more left. Will be insane.

It has to be one of the other. If stores are getting new stock in then they must be calling people who still have their note 7 to trade in. They CAN NOT be selling and doing trade-ins at the same time. They wont have enough stock. (unless ALL stores are getting massive amounts of new shipments)
    Not everyone is trading in for a Note 7. Not everyone us buying one.
    09-20-2016 07:36 AM

I know our store doesn't have a list. If I was managing a store and if someone called to see if we had inventory, I would hold it for a few hours. That's it. I would not risk any sales putting a bunch of people on a list before they were delivered and not have any stock to sell in case they don't show up that day. I am sure if each average store only gets like 12 (just using an arbitrary number) on day one, they will probably get another shipment or two by the weekend. Why sit on all of them if you only had 2 or 3 calls that day for someone to hold them?
    Personally, I am going to try and stay away from the stores and do it online, if at all possible. How many customers which don't already own or previously owned the Note7 will come into the store asking to purchase one? Probably close to zero is my guess.
    They still think they are defective. For everyone else asking, they should have plenty on hand, I would think.
    09-20-2016 07:38 AM
    Oh I see. There was no other phone available to trade for. Safety concerns are first, I agree. If they have only an iphone available then you grab it.

Wait. I thought you said you ordered the iPhone? If you were in a rush, why order?
    So what phone did you trade for? For safety reasons of course. Any features you think it's better then the Note 7?
    09-20-2016 07:39 AM
    Oh I see. There was no other phone available to trade for. Safety concerns are first, I agree. If they have only an iphone available then you grab it.

Wait. I thought you said you ordered the iPhone? If you were in a rush, why order?
    So what phone did you trade for? For safety reasons of course. Any features you think it's better then the Note 7?
    LOL what is this an interrogation, before I came to Samsung I was with Apple so they're a little more familiar to me on an Android system the only phones I will get is a Samsung device. I don't like the other android operating phones HTC Sony LG etc...

I didn't trade in my Note 7 I still have it
    09-20-2016 07:46 AM
2,848 ... 6869707172 ...