T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
Don't know.
I don't know either, but I went into my local store where I exchanged the recalled N7 last Saturday and talked to the manager who was actually quote intelligible and made some corrections to my.account that the guy doing good the exchange messed up. I didn't ask about the color, but I'm pretty sure I won't have any trouble getting one the day it comes in. This store said they have all their returned note 7 recalls and any left on the shelf before the recall, pulled and in the back room. They weren't told what to do with them yet.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't know either, but I went into my local store where I exchanged the recalled N7 last Saturday and talked to the manager who was actually quote intelligible and made some corrections to my.account that the guy doing good the exchange messed up. I didn't ask about the color, but I'm pretty sure I won't have any trouble getting one the day it comes in. This store said they have all their returned note 7 recalls and any left on the shelf before the recall, pulled and in the back room. They weren't told what to do with them yet.
When you said you didn't ask about color, you weren't referring to your situation, correct?
Since you already exchanged yours, you would be repurchasing, so you can get anything you want. Maybe I missed something here.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I was checking out the s7 edge but...keep thinking about the n7.

I don't really like the Edge very much. TouchWiz is much more cartoony. I know I could use a launcher, but that wouldn't change things like the settings menu. That along with the silver color I don't care for. The fingerprint sensor is also better on the Note.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I don't really like the Edge very much. TouchWiz is much more cartoony. I know I could use a launcher, but that wouldn't change things like the settings menu. That along with the silver color I don't care for. The fingerprint sensor is also better on the Note.
Hmm ok. And what did you mean by cartoony? In the store I changed the grid to 5x5 and the home.screen looked much better not as bubble like

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
Hmm ok. And what did you mean by cartoony? In the store I changed the grid to 5x5 and the home.screen looked much better not as bubble like

Some of the colors of the default apps, but mostly in stuff like the settings menu. It's just plain ugly compared to Grace UX that's on the Note.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone checked their local T-Mobile stores for replacements (considering Sprint stores and Best Buys are getting theirs already)?
I returned my Note 7 yesterday so I could get my down payment and monthly payment refunded and the rep had to call customer care to get my lease wiped. While on the phone he said he would deal with Tuesday once it got here and just wanted this iPhone launch weekend over. I'm guessing Tuesday was when he was expecting replacement phones. I guess I will see if I get a text. Although T-Force told me they are shipping me a replacement.

Cary Quinn

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I was at T-mobile in Colorado Springs yesterday to return the Note 5 that I had upgraded from.

No signs of replacement phones there yet. No Note7 on display on the usual mount.

You will probably see those displays set up first to indicate that the stores have been given approval to start selling or exchanging the phones again.

s0nic_201

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Hold on.. so comfirmed replacements are on the move this week?

Edit: I just spoke with a rep from the recall hotline and she informed me that the loaner phones should be available by the 28th, they were pushed back this morning. 1-844-275-9309

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy