T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
When I did my loaner S7 Edge the rep told me that anyone who got a loaner was automatically put on the "list".

When I go to my order page on my T-mobile next to my Note 7 there is a "z"

I am guessing they have something internally in their systems to figure this all out.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
That's how I'm reading it to. But it sounded like if you were replacing yours you're on a list. But I guess the list doesn't take priority. So I guess the list is just to know who is replacing theirs?

It's going to be very interesting to see how this plays out over the next several days. Originally the options were to keep your Note 7 until the new ones came out and do a swap, or exchange it for something else. Then, several days later, they (Tmobile) added a 3rd option, get a loaner device, and swap that out for a new Note 7 when available. This 3rd option (imo) nullified the 2nd option of exchanging (because who in their right mind would have wanted to downgrade from a Note 7 to an S7 Edge permanently.) So...am I making sense? I think that's going to be a source of frustration for both customers and tmobile.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
It's going to be very interesting to see how this plays out over the next several days. Originally the options were to keep your Note 7 until the new ones came out and do a swap, or exchange it for something else. Then, several days later, they (Tmobile) added a 3rd option, get a loaner device, and swap that out for a new Note 7 when available. This 3rd option (imo) nullified the 2nd option of exchanging (because who in their right mind would have wanted to downgrade from a Note 7 to an S7 Edge permanently.) So...am I making sense? I think that's going to be a source of frustration for both customers and tmobile.

You make sense. If anyone did the exchange but wants the Note 7, I wonder if they would be on the "list". Plus that may effect their JoD or other payment options. Documentation or something might be good in this case.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I have a close contact at two local tmobile stores so hopefully I'll be able to get right in there when one is available.

Some places are all ready exchanging them. I think tmobile stores are pretty adamant about the 21st though. But keep us updated.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
You make sense. If anyone did the exchange but wants the Note 7, I wonder if they would be on the "list". Plus that may effect their JoD or other payment options. Documentation or something might be good in this case.

I just got off the phone with a T-Mobile rep and they put a notation on my account that I can swap out to the Note 7. It sounds to me like they are considering anyone that exchanged their faulty Note 7 for an S7 Edge (or likewise device) to be a "temporary" phone and the choice to keep it or exchange it back to Note 7 is left entirely up to the customer. I could be totally incorrect, but that's the impression I'm getting based on the conversations that I have had.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
One of my local stores says they are expecting shipments to start coming in today. They told me to swing by around 1 pm to see what's available. If there are two of us there at the same time, one of us with a potential bomb on our hands and the other with a s7 Edge replacement who do you think it would be more urgent to get a replacement to?

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
The way that I read this is that Tmobile is not going to be holding devices specifically for those that chose to hold onto their fire hazards until the new devices were released.
Exactly. Since there was supposed to be no priority given, I chose to return mine. However, there is no list. They just gave me the whole "we don't know when replacements will be in" company line.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
One of my local stores says they are expecting shipments to start coming in today. They told me to swing by around 1 pm to see what's available. If there are two of us there at the same time, one of us with a potential bomb on our hands and the other with a s7 Edge replacement who do you think it would be more urgent to get a replacement to?

Whoever got there first. If they're not worried today or last week and you're not, why would anyone be worried when exchanging. (Yes, not a question.)

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I called 4 stores. Four. None of them have any idea whatsoever about any of this. 1 of the stores said to check back this afternoon. 1 of the stores said "we just get the boxes and open them, we have no idea what we're getting" (yikes, and thats my local store too!), the other 2 both said "we have no idea."

So, there ya go. With that, I'm just going to try again on Wednesday.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I called 4 stores. Four. None of them have any idea whatsoever about any of this. 1 of the stores said to check back this afternoon. 1 of the stores said "we just get the boxes and open them, we have no idea what we're getting" (yikes, and thats my local store too!), the other 2 both said "we have no idea."

So, there ya go. With that, I'm just going to try again on Wednesday.
That's unacceptable to be that clueless. I would think at least the manager would know this information. Then, if they choose, pass it down to the rest of their staff. Doesn't every company that deals with manufacturing or retail sales have some sort of advanced shipping notification?
They should be able to look up when something is coming in.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Whoever got there first. If they're not worried today or last week and you're not, why would anyone be worried when exchanging. (Yes, not a question.)
Haha, kind of figure most people will say this even though they are probably the same ones that were saying people need to swap out their phones immediately or face being responsible for injury to others. Not so much when they are the person between you and the only Note in the store.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
That's unacceptable to be that clueless. I would think at least the manager would know this information. Then, if they choose, pass it down to the rest of their staff. Doesn't every company that deals with manufacturing or retail sales have some sort of advanced shipping notification?
They should be able to look up when something is coming in.

Yeah idk man, that's what I would think too. These were 4 completely different Tmobile locations too. This seems like a recipe for disaster honestly. If there is a way to do this over the phone, ill gladly wait a couple extra days to get the phone shipped to me rather than have to deal with the retail store incompetence.

debdroid1a

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Haha, kind of figure most people will say this even though they are probably the same ones that were saying people need to swap out their phones immediately or face being responsible for injury to others. Not so much when they are the person between you and the only Note in the store.

Personal responsibility.
If you have and are using a Note 7 that could potentially blow up, you are choosing to hurt yourself and possibly others.

Stop with the entitlement when you've made the choice to carry a potential bomb.

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Well a little bit of good news. I called the t-mobile store in Hurst, TX where I got my loaner s7 edge and turned in my bomb of a note 7.

They didn't have any in stock and don't know when they will. I mentioned Samsung's official recall page, their own, and even the president of samsung saying the date. And still just "Nope, no idea". And that's a corporate store. I called the t-mobile support line and talked to someone nice. She said I can go into any t-mobile store and get a replacement. I told her that I was originally told that because I got the loaner in store that I couldn't get a note 7 replacement in any store but that one. She checked on my account and told me that originally was the case but because it's an official recall now it's changed and I can go to any t-mobile and get my replacement note 7 if they have any in stock.

She also checked (she said at least) all stores around my zipcode and said that none are showing any in stock. So I'll call around in GA today and see what I find.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Well a little bit of good news. I called the t-mobile store in Hurst, TX where I got my loaner s7 edge and turned in my bomb of a note 7.

They didn't have any in stock and don't know when they will. I mentioned Samsung's official recall page, their own, and even the president of samsung saying the date. And still just "Nope, no idea". And that's a corporate store. I called the t-mobile support line and talked to someone nice. She said I can go into any t-mobile store and get a replacement. I told her that I was originally told that because I got the loaner in store that I couldn't get a note 7 replacement in any store but that one. She checked on my account and told me that originally was the case but because it's an official recall now it's changed and I can go to any t-mobile and get my replacement note 7 if they have any in stock.

She also checked (she said at least) all stores around my zipcode and said that none are showing any in stock. So I'll call around in GA today and see what I find.
The retail stores are so clueless it's almost painful to know that we generally know way more than they do. All I can say is be prepared to be guiding your rep in what to do when you go in to do your exchange.

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
The retail stores are so clueless it's almost painful to know that we generally know way more than they do. All I can say is be prepared to be guiding your rep in what to do when you go in to do your exchange.

Yup your right. Just called lawrenceville, lavista, and loganville t-mobile. Lavista is still on the old information of 2-3 weeks and next week is the third week. That's what samsung told that store. I hope they get updated information soon. The other ones were more up to date about the website and samsung's new recall policies. Loganville said possibly thursday but sometime near the end of the week. Lawrenceville said similar that they have a truck coming tomorrow but aren't told if there are note 7 replacements on it and that they are expecting them near the end of the week but samsung hasn't told them when they'll get them. I wish it could just be shipped.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
According to a user on Reddit, Samsung has told them Fedex and UPS refuse to ship the old defective Note 7's

So it DOES look like if this holds up we will have to go into the store to return the old ones.

ajb1965

Trusted Member
Jun 14, 2014
Visit site
Yup your right. Just called lawrenceville, lavista, and loganville t-mobile. Lavista is still on the old information of 2-3 weeks and next week is the third week. That's what samsung told that store. I hope they get updated information soon. The other ones were more up to date about the website and samsung's new recall policies. Loganville said possibly thursday but sometime near the end of the week. Lawrenceville said similar that they have a truck coming tomorrow but aren't told if there are note 7 replacements on it and that they are expecting them near the end of the week but samsung hasn't told them when they'll get them. I wish it could just be shipped.

All the stores I checked with in my area (Tempe AZ) said to check back on the 21st. My loaner finally gets here today so I will probably just stop by one this weekend

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
According to a user on Reddit, Samsung has told them Fedex and UPS refuse to ship the old defective Note 7's

So it DOES look like if this holds up we will have to go into the store to return the old ones.

That was said about the ones ordered through samsung and samsung is looking into a private shipping company to take them back. When I called t-mobile customer service they said they weren't shipping any replacement note 7's out at this time. I think that contradicts what others have said and heard. She might have thought I meant the bad units though. This is the first I'm hearing about that delaying the new replacements.

When I originally called and asked t-mobile said they'll mail a loaner device and the note 7 replacement when it comes in. They said for the defective note 7 that they hadn't been told how to they will get those back yet. That was a week ago though. I just am confused that t-mobile's official website says "no later than the 21st" and t-mobile stores don't know.

I'm hoping that the 21st will be here and every store will get shipments. Still waiting on that gear vr too. Although I calculated the time it took for the micro sd card from the note 7 to arrive. Exactly 17 days from when I sent it in. So hopefully the 27th or 28th but still nothing from samsung about a tracking number yet. The card only took 3 days to get here once I got the tracking number though.

Status
Not open for further replies.