10-12-2016 12:45 PM
2,848 ... 8485868788 ...
tools
    Got my new Note 7 in blue today. I had already turned in my silver Note 7 to the store a week ago and gotten a Note 5 as the loaner. Got the call today from my local T-Mobile, went in, returned the Note 5 and left with the new Note 7 in blue. The silver is a great color, but my fingerprints were all over it. So I opted for the blue, which looks fantastic. Had no issues getting the new Note 7 even though I had already turned in my recalled Note 7 last week for the Note 5 loaner. Good luck to all making the exchange!
    amyf27 likes this.
    09-20-2016 10:14 PM
    I see. It will take me a little time since I need to do the smart switch in the store and then wipe my old note before handing it in.
    09-20-2016 10:30 PM
    Got my black v2 replacement today. The guy who helped me told me to keep everything including my old spen. Quick and easy transaction. Loving my new v2 note.
    amyf27 likes this.
    09-20-2016 10:34 PM
    I think this new update of their recall process is better than the 5 million ways I've heard or been told. Just spoke to the 844 number and the Rep went ahead and ordered my replacement to be shipped at a tmobile store near me. Will get updated through txt or email. This way I know for sure my new replacement is waiting for me when I come & pick it up.
    If people would just walk in, it would be chaos plus the time you would spend figuring out how to fix the account. Remember there's a replacement and a return for the loaner phones.
    All I have to do now is to wait patiently for that txt or email to come pick up my new replacement.
    Oh and before I forget, Rep also told me to bring a valid ID for the exchange to make sure you are the person to pick it up. She also said I get the same color I had.
    tara segaline likes this.
    09-20-2016 10:35 PM
    How many original Note 7s were purchased in the US? Samsung announced 500,000 replacements have arrived in the US.
    09-20-2016 10:44 PM
    Well awesome. I called 611 number to talk to T-Mobile customer support. My account still showed S7 Edge and no Note 7 and I paid a $51.99 down payment. Customer support saw that the store that charged the down payment made no notation of why they charged it.

There confirmed I already payed down payment and didn't need to again. After more verification they were able to refund my down payment completely. And they are going to apply the $25 Samsung credit on second billing cycle.

Also store I got replacement at didn't give me a new sim they took the one out of S7 edge and put in replacement note 7. Customer service fixed that. Hopefully no one tomorrow will be tricked into a down payment. If you are call customer service in store or after. The two hours I spent on the phone getting it resolved was worth it.
    09-20-2016 10:56 PM
    Silly me, I've been a Samsung loyal customer for years and just found out that their HQ is here in New Jersey. If my Tmo store will give me a hard time in the morning, I'm going straight to Samsung headquarters. Just kidding! The guys at the Tmo store are always good and they have confirmed they have the replacement.
    09-20-2016 10:58 PM
    Just got a email stating my replacement device has been shipped to the store T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread-screenshot_20160921-000245.png
    09-20-2016 11:04 PM
    So I got my phone, I was there from 7:30pm until 9:30pm mainly because of they have to treat it as a return and buying another phone, Smart Switch and I forgot my Samsung password when it came time to do a factory reset...ugh! But it was ridiculous I had 11 people in from of me. Manager felt sorry for me and gave me a free case.....lol. But they ran out of Black phones (go figure)....people were coming in droves, most of them were leaving as they didn't want to wait. I waited because I didn't want them to run out of blue one's too, which I heard the manager say he only had a couple left. That manager was really nice trying to get as many people to stay today instead of coming back tomorrow. All in all, now that I think about it I love this phone, but I will not go through this again with any other phone....I'm gonna get either a Pixel or another phone as back up in case something like this ever happens again. And yes, to me $25 is not enough for what most of us went through to stay loyal to this brand......I am not asking for a hand out but, nope $25 doesn't cut it for me.
    It was funny as much people that were coming for the Note 7 replacements and to buy it, there were just as many coming in the store for the new Iphone 7 plus that is sold out everywhere. We love our phones in America....lol.
    09-20-2016 11:11 PM
    I see. It will take me a little time since I need to do the smart switch in the store and then wipe my old note before handing it in.
    Attached Thumbnails T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread-1644.jpg  
    09-21-2016 03:50 AM
    This is the problem. Just all around different answers. I wouldn't worry, just head to your store tomorrow and hopefully you'll be able to get your note 7. If they are rewarding the ones who didn't obey their recal with priority, that's screwy.
    How is that screwy ? If my phone was not getting hot why change it for something I didn't want. Still used it and it has not blown up. Looking forward to my new note 7 today and never had to stop using my old one.
    09-21-2016 03:52 AM
    Got mine, I had to do the smartswitch at T-Mobile. I'm back in N7 heaven. Finally!!!
    Where are you located
    09-21-2016 04:04 AM
    Black or blue coral?
    I have the blue and i like it but I don't know why my mind wants to switch to black
    I'd probably go with either color. I had black originally.
    09-21-2016 04:04 AM
    Got my new Note 7 in blue today. I had already turned in my silver Note 7 to the store a week ago and gotten a Note 5 as the loaner. Got the call today from my local T-Mobile, went in, returned the Note 5 and left with the new Note 7 in blue. The silver is a great color, but my fingerprints were all over it. So I opted for the blue, which looks fantastic. Had no issues getting the new Note 7 even though I had already turned in my recalled Note 7 last week for the Note 5 loaner. Good luck to all making the exchange!
    Was there any out of pocket expense for you at all?
    09-21-2016 04:07 AM
    Black or blue coral?
    I have the blue and i like it but I don't know why my mind wants to switch to black
    Black. My wife has blue and hates it. To shiny and has an horrible glare to it. She switching to black. I have black and it is so clean specially when Watch videos and stuff.
    09-21-2016 04:14 AM
    Has there been anyone who turned their Note 7 in early and was able to get a new replacement? I bought mine August 30th and turn it in September 1st when they announced recall
    09-21-2016 05:00 AM
    Has there been anyone who turned their Note 7 in early and was able to get a new replacement? I bought mine August 30th and turn it in September 1st when they announced recall
    I'm going to try to do that today I turned mine in last Saturday the 10th
    Nutzer likes this.
    09-21-2016 05:03 AM
    Gonna try my luck at 10am, didn't have a problem getting a replacement but I couldn't change the color I wanted. Hopefully the store gives me a better result
    09-21-2016 06:01 AM
    Gonna try my luck at 10am, didn't have a problem getting a replacement but I couldn't change the color I wanted. Hopefully the store gives me a better result
    I'm hoping to do the same but also hoping my.local store has their process together as I'd be doing this on a break at work
    09-21-2016 06:11 AM
    I'm hoping to do the same but also hoping my.local store has their process together as I'd be doing this on a break at work
    LOL I hope you eat your lunch at TMobile I don't think this is going to be an easy process
    jamesrick80 likes this.
    09-21-2016 06:21 AM
    I checked my account this morning and my JOD is still open for the N7. I hope this should be pretty easy for them. Return the loaner, exchange for the new n7 and let me take my phone and go.
    09-21-2016 06:22 AM
    Make sure you bring chargers and Spen. People are getting turned away for not having everything which is B.S we should be able to just turn phone in.
    amyf27 likes this.
    09-21-2016 06:25 AM
    Make sure you bring chargers and Spen. People are getting turned away for not having everything which is B.S we should be able to just turn phone in.
    I have my loaner phone box and paperwork
    09-21-2016 06:30 AM
    Good luck,,, My T-mo store at first said they would sell me a Note 7, Then retracted. I turned my phone in before loaners were an option. I bought a cheap phone to use because they said I could just return it when the Note 7's came in. Meanwhile Verizon and Sprint are selling Note 7's to new customers. Not a happy customer T-MO.
    09-21-2016 06:35 AM
    Good luck,,, My T-mo store at first said they would sell me a Note 7, Then retracted. I turned my phone in before loaners were an option. I bought a cheap phone to use because they said I could just return it when the Note 7's came in. Meanwhile Verizon and Sprint are selling Note 7's to new customers. Not a happy customer T-MO.
    That would leave me pretty upset as well when I did mine I turned in the note7 and they handed me a new Note 5
    09-21-2016 06:39 AM
2,848 ... 8485868788 ...