10-12-2016 12:45 PM
2,848 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    Hope so. I was actually impressed the girl who picked up the phone at the store at least somewhat knew what was going on. The other problem I only have one store in my county and it's always super busy. I mean you might have to wait an hour versus taking 20 minutes at home to open the box and transfer everything. I can drive almost 40 miles north for more stores or 25-30 miles to my south.

Lets say I got an Iphone 7plus, do you think stock will run low and stores will only get a few and they will be back ordered or since it's Iphone they will have a lot of stock?

Also is there an app where you can transfer google contacts onto an Iphone from Android?
    I don't know about iPhone, it depends on your store also.

I'm not even sure which Google apps can run on iPhone. I am strictly Android and have only used an iPhone for two weeks.

I would have preferred to be on jail that two weeks and get a root canal each day..
    09-03-2016 02:44 PM
    But when they have a large number of devices... They aren't just going to throw them away... They might fix it and sell it cheap to a wholesaler...
    I don't think those phones will be in whole the market ever.. That is inviting lawsuits. I'm betting they may use parts.
    09-03-2016 02:45 PM
    My strategy is simple. I registered my email and number with the tmobile link so I get notified when they get the replacement Note 7s so I can mail mine in or go to the store and get a new one swapped out. Tmobile giving people until the 30th currently to swap out for a different cell phone or get a refund. I'm currently going to wait for a replacement but Samsung takes forever getting the new units out and the V20 is a knockout and the stores have it this month then I just might go and return this for the V20. Small possibility for the Iphone too but doubtful I would.

My strategy is pretty simple. I would rather just have a new Note but if it takes them longer and longer to get them then I will look into other options. Also the V20 is supposed to be a lot cheaper than the Note too. If it has more Ram, similar processor and better camera, and removable battery then it overrides the Spen feature IMO.

So I look at it this way. Likely I keep with the Note 7 or I will get a V20.
    hailsusy90 likes this.
    09-03-2016 04:34 PM
    Good news for the few that already cracked there screen
    Ha, yeah except I'm one of those who cracked their screens on day two, and I just received my replacement phone two days ago. So now I'm gonna have to send that one in for the recall. I just can't win with this phone.
    09-03-2016 04:49 PM
    Because if they made them defective the first time, who knows if they'll do it right the second time. This is the first time I've bought a phone with a non removable battery. I was iffy about doing that but I did it because I've had every single Note phone. Now with this issue I feel that it was a bad idea. Knowing the possibility of the replacement having issues too and not being able to just swap out the battery.
    If this is the first time you've bought a phone with a non-removable battery and you've owned every single Note phone, where did you find a Note 5 with a removable battery?
    lanenubia likes this.
    09-03-2016 05:10 PM
    If this is the first time you've bought a phone with a non-removable battery and you've owned every single Note phone, where did you find a Note 5 with a removable battery?
    I forgot about the Note 5. I skipped it because of that and the no SD card option. Had all the other ones.
    09-03-2016 05:14 PM
    Are you supposed to get an email after you request it?
    I did, I got the same e-mail JamesRick80 posted.
    jamesrick80 likes this.
    09-03-2016 05:16 PM
    T-Mobile didn't do anything.
    People just want money from the wrong people. Samsung already said they are giving us $25
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-03-2016 05:43 PM
    Ha, yeah except I'm one of those who cracked their screens on day two, and I just received my replacement phone two days ago. So now I'm gonna have to send that one in for the recall. I just can't win with this phone.
    Lol I did also!! Hot it on pre release day. Last week cracked the screen!!! Got the replace Thursday that just passed, now the recall comes up!!
    09-03-2016 05:52 PM
    From the sounds of it in the Verizon thread is that next week the new Notes will start to come in. I hope that's true and by the end of the week I have a new Note.
    09-03-2016 06:30 PM
    I wish you the best of luck, and I hope you get your refund maybe you can get the s7 edge unless you are going to wait until the phone is on sale again!
    09-03-2016 06:34 PM
    I wish you the best of luck, and I hope you get your refund maybe you can get the s7 edge unless you are going to wait until the phone is on sale again!
    I'm waiting to exchange mine! If they drag their feet as 9/30 comes closer and then the V20 comes out I might go and swap for a V20 and used the extra savings on spare batteries and cases.
    09-03-2016 07:23 PM
    I'm waiting to exchange mine! If they drag their feet as 9/30 comes closer and then the V20 comes out I might go and swap for a V20 and used the extra savings on spare batteries and cases.
    Blues, they will not let your return time expire before the new shipment is available.
    09-03-2016 07:36 PM
    You bought the Note7 outright, no JOD?
    09-03-2016 07:37 PM
    I still don't know what to do. I pulled out my Nexus 5x to use while I get the phone ready to go back. It runs so much smoother and faster. Makes me wonder if getting another Note is the right thing to do.

I've been running the Note on the medium battery profile setting at FHD resolution. Did that for battery savings and to try and speed it up. Now that there is an out I'm wondering if I should just take it and switch.

I know no one cares to hear that on a Note 7 thread. I liked my S7 but considering all the issues and multiple resets and compromises I've made I'm not sure if replacing this Note with another one is in the cards just yet.
    09-03-2016 07:52 PM
    I still don't know what to do. I pulled out my Nexus 5x to use while I get the phone ready to go back. It runs so much smoother and faster. Makes me wonder if getting another Note is the right thing to do.

I've been running the Note on the medium battery profile setting at FHD resolution. Did that for battery savings and to try and speed it up. Now that there is an out I'm wondering if I should just take it and switch.

I know no one cares to hear that on a Note 7 thread. I liked my S7 but considering all the issues and multiple resets and compromises I've made I'm not sure if replacing this Note with another one is in the cards just yet.
    I wouldn't. Sadly I think that this years Note has been totally tainted by this whole mess. And on top of that, for such a high spec device, it's sort of missed the mark. Also, as others chatted in another thread, despite what some others think, the resale value of the Note 7 will definitely be affected.
    akin_t likes this.
    09-03-2016 07:57 PM
    You bought the Note7 outright, no JOD?
    Correct. I don't have JOD or anything. I'm still on the old style texting and data plan grandfathered in. I know they won't let time expire and I expect Tmobile to extend the return window by a couple weeks since not all people are probably aware yet and some people don't have the time to stop in right away.

If the V20 is appealing I possibly might consider it. Even though we are getting new devices, resale and trade in value is still going to take a hit I think.
    09-03-2016 08:02 PM
    I wouldn't. Sadly I think that this years Note has been totally tainted by this whole mess. And on top of that, for such a high spec device, it's sort of missed the mark. Also, as others chatted in another thread, despite what some others think, the resale value of the Note 7 will definitely be affected.
    That's what I'm thinking too. I still WANT a Note 7 though. If they get them in a timely matter I want the Note. I'm so used to the Samsung platform over the last 5 years I've used it. If the V20 comes out in time though and I don't have a Note 7 yet then I might make the switch.

However we know LG has issues too. What if the V20 turns into a flop like the G5 did with questionable build quality and the module how I heard they were coming loose.
    09-03-2016 08:06 PM
    I will likely go back to a 6S Plus, which after using the Note 7 for a while i feel like is a better phone for me. Faster, better battery, better apps. And then jump to the iPhone 7. The note 7 has been fun but not for me.
    09-03-2016 08:13 PM
    Anyone know how long it takes for the EIP and jump upgrade to reset? I returned mine before this recall and it was delivered on the morning of August 31st.
    09-03-2016 08:15 PM
    I will likely go back to a 6S Plus, which after using the Note 7 for a while i feel like is a better phone for me. Faster, better battery, better apps. And then jump to the iPhone 7. The note 7 has been fun but not for me.
    Same here. Announcement is on Tuesday and I'm hoping my jump will be reset by then.
    09-03-2016 08:16 PM
    Same here. Announcement is on Tuesday and I'm hoping my jump will be reset by then.
    From what I heard, your Jump is not reset. Going back to a 6S Plus after I already turned my old one ends still counts as having used one of my Jumps. Which sucks. Hopefully I can still preorder the 7.
    09-03-2016 08:19 PM
    I didn't send my trade in. I held on it just in case. According to T-Mobile, they're supposed to reset it. But nobody knows how long that takes... And someone else here said his jump was reset.
    09-03-2016 08:20 PM
    I didn't send my trade in. I held on it just in case. According to T-Mobile, they're supposed to reset it. But nobody knows how long that takes... And someone else here said his jump was reset.
    Good news - hopefully that will be the case for me. I wouldn't mind rolling with a 6s plus for a few weeks more either way - fantastic phone still.
    09-03-2016 08:22 PM
    Anyone know how long it takes for the EIP and jump upgrade to reset? I returned mine before this recall and it was delivered on the morning of August 31st.
    Usually takes about a week......
    09-03-2016 08:22 PM
2,848 ... 7891011 ...