10-12-2016 12:45 PM
2,848 ... 8889909192 ...
tools
    For people who did a return, did they give you a decrepit for the credit card refund at the store? At my store they didn't and they said 7 days or so it would be back in my account the refund and it still hasn't shown yet. Talking to Tmobile on twitter right now to see what's going on. Seems like someone might have messed up.
    Mine showed on my credit card the next day.
    jamesrick80 likes this.
    09-21-2016 10:10 AM
    So has anyone had any luck going in and purchasing a new note (without returning a loaner or exchanging an old note)?
    09-21-2016 10:14 AM
    Mine showed on my credit card the next day.
    The whole process took about an hour and he had to keep going back into different screens. I'm thinking they might have forgot to refund my card.

What irritates me is when I pre ordered in the store I had the cash to pay the phone in full in my wallet, but they wouldn't take cash and said I must order with a credit card! I hate paying stuff on the card for reasons liek this.
    09-21-2016 10:16 AM
    Other local store called back and is pretty sure he can waive everything. He's in process of doing another one now and will call back shortly. He thinks mine may be easy just has to confirm his process steps. Sounds like they have a LOT of info to go through on how to do these exchanges
    09-21-2016 10:16 AM
    Other local store called back and is pretty sure he can waive everything. He's in process of doing another one now and will call back shortly. He thinks mine may be easy just has to confirm his process steps. Sounds like they have a LOT of info to go through on how to do these exchanges
    Just got back from my local mobile store, they only had 8 devices and by the time i left with mines I say 4 were left.
    amyf27 likes this.
    09-21-2016 10:21 AM
    So has anyone had any luck going in and purchasing a new note (without returning a loaner or exchanging an old note)?
    Just called a store that said they would sell me a new one outright. On my way there. I'll let you know what happened
    mhettrich and debdroid1a like this.
    09-21-2016 10:21 AM
    For people who did a return, did they give you a decrepit for the credit card refund at the store? At my store they didn't and they said 7 days or so it would be back in my account the refund and it still hasn't shown yet. Talking to Tmobile on twitter right now to see what's going on. Seems like someone might have messed up.
    I was issued a refund a few days ago i never notice
    09-21-2016 10:22 AM
    Just called a store that said they would sell me a new one outright. On my way there. I'll let you know what happened
    Thanks! I'll keep checking back.
    09-21-2016 10:24 AM
    I called the T-Mobile store by my house and they said they had a few on hand, but couldn’t hold any because they were getting a lot of people in already. This is like an hour from my work.
    I called the one by work and they didn’t receive any in yet, but were expecting some with the UPS delivery around 1 or 2 today.
    So, I called the 1-844 number again. She said things have changed since yesterday. They are now supposed to process all exchanges as warranty replacements.
    I explained what our situation was again and she said it was no problem and put in the orders for us so we can pick it up at the store instead of worrying about them not having any when we got there.
    Supposed to be no later than Monday delivery, but I’ll be happy if we can get them by this weekend.
    What a cluster. I am not calling stores multiple times a day and rearranging my work schedule just to get a new phone...again.
    lv2bsilly likes this.
    09-21-2016 10:24 AM
    Does anybody know when ups will deliver to the NYC Metro area? Specifically Air drop offs to Newark airport area.
    09-21-2016 10:28 AM
    Called my store, the manager said they have six in stock. Cannot hold, and said they are instructed to power the phone off immediately so make sure everything is backed up.

Doubt I get my replacement today, but my phone has ran fine. I can wait for next shipment if need be.
    09-21-2016 10:31 AM
    Called my store, the manager said they have six in stock. Cannot hold, and said they are instructed to power the phone off immediately so make sure everything is backed up.

Doubt I get my replacement today, but my phone has ran fine. I can wait for next shipment if need be.
    Yes. Was going pretty fast the guy who helped me at T-Mobile is really friendly we exchanged numbers he just text me saying the 8 devices they had just sold out
    09-21-2016 10:33 AM
    The other local store said i can come in and do the swap there. What's another hour or so right? On my way now. Glad I own my own business and don't have to stress over work with all of this crap.
    09-21-2016 10:35 AM
    I refused that..told them I paid with a gift card I no longer was in possession of..so they did a cash refund..no money changed hands, just a work around. No idea who thought this process of refunding to a card and then paying again is a good idea
    09-21-2016 10:37 AM
    Oh this one takes the cake.

I used my Note 7 for one day then shut it off because of the recall.

I just called the 844 number to have an exchanged shipped to my store. They told me:

"since I only used the phone for 1 day it has not shown up in their system. I must use the phone for the next 48 hours in order to show up in their system and then they will put an exchange order in for me"

So T-mobile is telling me i must use the hazardous phone no matter what to do an exchange.
    09-21-2016 10:45 AM
    Store 1: Still hasn't received any Note 7's today, but should later.
    Store 2: Have 3 left but they have a line. Don't know when they'll get more.
    Store 3: Received them, but they're all gone. Don't know when they'll get more.
    Store 4: 1 left (black), can't hold one for me. Might get more next week. (Will head to this one now.)
    Store 5: 2 left (blue). Don't know when they'll get more.
    Store 6: Doesn't know how many there are left. Put me on hold, followed by the call ending.
    Store 7: Has some, doesn't have a count, and there is a line.
    Store 8: Has some, doesn't have a count.
    Store 9: Still hasn't receive any Note 7's today, but should later today to be available tomorrow...
    Store 10: Line busy...
    Store 11: Kept ringing; no answer.
    Store 12: Still hasn't received any Note 7's today, but should later.
    Store 13: Has some, didn't mention how many, but enough to last 45 minutes...
    DaBlackman619 likes this.
    09-21-2016 10:50 AM
    They got back with me on twitter and teh rep on twitter says they need to speak with the store manager about my refund and he won't be in until after 1.

Wow, this whole process from Samsung all the way down to the carriers has been a PITA. Feel bad for people who want to swap the device out but each store only has a few of them
    09-21-2016 10:52 AM
    Oh this one takes the cake.

I used my Note 7 for one day then shut it off because of the recall.

I just called the 844 number to have an exchanged shipped to my store. They told me:

"since I only used the phone for 1 day it has not shown up in their system. I must use the phone for the next 48 hours in order to show up in their system and then they will put an exchange order in for me"

So T-mobile is telling me i must use the hazardous phone no matter what to do an exchange.
    Wow you should have at least kept it on a few days....to register it in their system
    09-21-2016 10:54 AM
    Would of been much easier if they shipped all the news ones to peoples houses and then made them go to store just to drop off detective units.
    09-21-2016 10:55 AM
    Wow you should have at least kept it on a few days....to register it in their system
    He said the SIM card must be in the phone to register it.

Tforce on twitter now is trying to straighten it out. They are saying its unacceptable they are telling me to use the defective phone for 3 days
    09-21-2016 10:57 AM
    I just left my local T-Mobile. Horrible experience. I walked in and simply said "We are here to exchange our Note 7s." The lady instantly got an attitude and said "We have not been given the okay and I am not going to lose my job over a few minutes." Excuse me.... I never asked you to lose your job. You could simply tell me you are not able to do so yet. I had never seen this lady in the store before so must be new. I wish I had gotten her name.... She said I should have called. I told her I assumed it would be okay considering the official press release. She told me "well, every carrier is different." I responded with "I understand, but this is the official T-Mobile release." She told me to call back at 12, but I told her no, that's okay, I will go to another store. Waiting on the other store to open in 15 minutes.
    When I went in my store, the rep they assigned me to, started to have an attitude as well. All I said was what colors do you have? She said I don't know, I am not sure I have it in stock....and no one should be picky because this is not a TMobile problem it's a Samsung problem. I told her right away, neither is it a customer problem but since I got my phone through TMobile I would hope that TMobile would "make" it their problem to make sure that this is a smooth transaction. I also told her that I would gladly have the phone mailed out to me but since it's not an option that TMobile is giving at this time, she will have to put up with the Note customers doing their exchanges......Manager came over (Because I was getting loud) and her attitude changed, it was smooth sailing after that. I guess she realized she was wrong, but I think she was more tired than anything as they made her stay over time to help because the store was extremely busy. This is why I will always order my phone to be shipped to me.
    09-21-2016 11:00 AM
    I mentioned that I got mine last night after randomly calling to ask what time I could come in today to get my replacement. They said they were open until 9pm last night and that I could do it then. So I went....

When I got there, I waited about 30 mins (there was only 1 person in front of me but multiple problematic customers being worked on). When I got to the desk, I said I was there for the swap and the guy (manager) went to the back and said "I will see if we have any more". After a couple of mins he came back and said "You are lucky, you got the last one (blue). I'm keeping the other one for myself. I'm a customer too!".

That aside, the next hour was them trying to figure out how to do the swap because I originally bought my phone online and didn't have my receipt with me. While they were on the phone with support, I was setting my phone back up. At the end of the countless calls they had to make, I was told that they were unable to process the trade until tomorrow (today) because the system wouldn't let them. Luckily I had already started setting up the new one so they let me leave with it and left my old phone along with the new box and accessories there.

My fear is when I go there today, I'll have some weirdness to deal with in the exchange. I'm sure it'll be slightly painful but I already have the phone so I hold the cards (so to speak). Fingers crossed for me later today.

I wish all of you guys trying to get your phones today the best of luck. The reality is they should not have treated this like some sort of pre-order where you can't sell it before the launch date. This is a safety issue and should have been handled the very day they got stock.
    09-21-2016 11:06 AM
    One store told me they can't waive the down pmt and taxes. Other store contacting district manager about that and will call back. I have 2 other local stores to call - one store yesterday confirmed they can and will waive everything up front so anyone needing their replacement Note 7 can walk out with no cost up front
    If you turned your original Note 7 in for a full refund then you were credited the down payment and taxes back so if you get a Note 7 again then you will have to pay them. I have a loaner and still have my Note 7 so I shouldn't be charged anything. If they do try to I'll just ask them to show me in their system where I was credited those charges for my original Note 7.
    09-21-2016 11:08 AM
    I'm going to be at my store at 10:00am PST. But, I have a meeting at work at 10:30am. For those that already got theirs replaced and seeing the process and how long it takes, do you think I can request a replacement and leave my phone there, then come back later to pick it up?
    09-21-2016 11:16 AM
    I went into a local store in Tampa today. Had mine to swap out. A lady directly in front of me bought the last one! I was under the impression that they were only selling replacements to people who already had one? Oh well. I'll try another store later.
    562dope562 likes this.
    09-21-2016 11:17 AM
2,848 ... 8889909192 ...