10-12-2016 12:45 PM
2,848 ... 8990919293 ...
tools
    This whole experience including the experience in Tmobile stores is usually much much worse than the DMV. Even down here in Fl the DMV isn't that bad.
    09-21-2016 11:18 AM
    Just called a store that said they would sell me a new one outright. On my way there. I'll let you know what happened
    I hate a liar.

I just drove 60 miles to be told "oh, we're only doing exchanges". I said I specifically asked you if you could sell me one new and you said yes. That you could. She was like, oh, I thought you were exchanging. There was no use in getting mad so I just walked out. 120 mile round trip for nothing. Thanks T-Mobile. Going to see if Sprint has them in stock because I need a phone in the worst way. My note 4 is freezing up and restarting a couple times a day.
    09-21-2016 11:19 AM
    I hate a liar.

I just drove 60 miles to be told "oh, we're only doing exchanges". I said I specifically asked you if you could sell me one new and you said yes. That you could. She was like, oh, I thought you were exchanging. There was no use in getting mad so I just walked out. 120 mile round trip for nothing. Thanks T-Mobile. Going to see if Sprint has them in stock because I need a phone in the worst way. My note 4 is freezing up and restarting a couple times a day.
    Damn, sorry to hear that happened. T-Mobile really needs to get its employees on the same page with this whole process. Some people seem to be having luck going in and purchasing while others are not.
    09-21-2016 11:20 AM
    I hate a liar.

Oh sorry to hear about that experience ouch! My job is about 47 miles from my house and I've called a few locations near work and near home, finding out ahead of time what I need to know before making a trip in to one of them. Hope this goes smoothly today
    09-21-2016 11:21 AM
    Store 1: Still hasn't received any Note 7's today, but should later.
    Store 2: Have 3 left but they have a line. Don't know when they'll get more.
    Store 3: Received them, but they're all gone. Don't know when they'll get more.
    Store 4: 1 left (black), can't hold one for me. Might get more next week. (Will head to this one now.)
    Store 5: 2 left (blue). Don't know when they'll get more.
    Store 6: Doesn't know how many there are left. Put me on hold, followed by the call ending.
    Store 7: Has some, doesn't have a count, and there is a line.
    Store 8: Has some, doesn't have a count.
    Store 9: Still hasn't receive any Note 7's today, but should later today to be available tomorrow...
    Store 10: Line busy...
    Store 11: Kept ringing; no answer.
    Store 12: Still hasn't received any Note 7's today, but should later.
    Store 13: Has some, didn't mention how many, but enough to last 45 minutes...
    At "store 4." 4 people ahead in line. Don't know if they're here for a Note 7. All 3 reps are busy on the phone, presumably with CS. 1 rep says they have more Note 7's. Don't know the color. I'm only interested in black.
    09-21-2016 11:29 AM
    Store 1: Still hasn't received any Note 7's today, but should later.
    Store 2: Have 3 left but they have a line. Don't know when they'll get more.
    Store 3: Received them, but they're all gone. Don't know when they'll get more.
    Store 4: 1 left (black), can't hold one for me. Might get more next week. (Will head to this one now.)
    Store 5: 2 left (blue). Don't know when they'll get more.
    Store 6: Doesn't know how many there are left. Put me on hold, followed by the call ending.
    Store 7: Has some, doesn't have a count, and there is a line.
    Store 8: Has some, doesn't have a count.
    Store 9: Still hasn't receive any Note 7's today, but should later today to be available tomorrow...
    Store 10: Line busy...
    Store 11: Kept ringing; no answer.
    Store 12: Still hasn't received any Note 7's today, but should later.
    Store 13: Has some, didn't mention how many, but enough to last 45 minutes...
    Are these all the stores you're calling? Is the 13th store like 3 hours away? Lol
    You have a lot more patience (and time) than I do. If you don't absolutely need it today, just call the 1-844 number and have it shipped to the store.
    That way, you can not stress about it.
    09-21-2016 11:33 AM
    Called 3 stores at about 11am. First store had received 8 replacements, but they were already gone. 2nd store said they have stock, but the manager hadn't released them yet (?!?), and that I should check back at about 1pm. 3rd store said they have stock but they were struggling with the system, and hoped to have it figured out by the time I got over there.
    09-21-2016 11:35 AM
    Are these all the stores you're calling? Is the 13th store like 3 hours away? Lol
    You have a lot more patience (and time) than I do. If you don't absolutely need it today, just call the 1-844 number and have it shipped to the store.
    That way, you can not stress about it.
    I'm tired of waiting, but have all day today to wait.
    I can't believe that the stores haven't gotten it together today. This process should have been a lot smoother for everyone today. I don't know who has been approved for their gear vr but this was in the email about it being approved.

Don’t forget, if your original Galaxy device has been replaced by your carrier or retailer and is not the original device you used to register for this promotion, you will need to call Samsung Customer Support at 1-800-SAMSUNG and provide them with your new IMEI and Wi-Fi MAC address in order to be able to access your Oculus content bonus. Please allow 72 hours after you update us with your new device for this content to be available.

Probably not the focus of today but something to think about once people get their gear vr's. Sounds like to redeem the oculus promotions you have to call samsung and tell them that you no longer have the s7/edge and need to switch the IMEI to the note 7. I have a feeling samsung knows a majority of people redeemed the offer on a loaner phone. I doubt they'd refuse people or demand that the gear vr be sent back. I'm not sure if this is just for the oculus freebies or if the oculus account is already tied into the IMEI of loaner phones. Something complicated to look forward to at least. Also. I still believe samsung sort of planned the gear vr promotion around the loaner phones as an extra incentive to their loyalist customers. I also think they really want more people to get into gear vr and that's good too.
    I wasn't planning on dealing with this today but I had a job right by a tmobile store so I stopped in. I returned mine for full refund due to recall. He said they were doing exchanges only. Told him I had the 7 and returned it and he said let me look at your account. He said he could sell me one since you had it and returned it because of the recall. He said their store received 12 phones all black. The entire process took 15 minutes. I paid full retail so maybe that made things go a little faster.
    besweeet likes this.
    09-21-2016 11:49 AM
    Those who ordered a replacement from the 844 number, I placed mine around 3pm yesterday and got a text confirmation shortly after (I chose to be notified by text instead of email). Today I got a text notification that it had shipped; I did a chat with T-Mobile to get the tracking number. It looks like just the shipping label has been created and it hasn't actually been picked up yet which is kind of what I expected. The rep I spoke to when I ordered it said I should get it on Thursday as it was pretty late in the day when I placed my order but they are being overnighted, looks like that will be about spot on. Just thought I'd share if folks were trying to get an idea as of to when theirs might ship based on when they ordered.
    09-21-2016 11:54 AM
    Also if anyone has to pay taxes or fees, make sure you contact T-Mobile on twitter as soon as you get home and get that reimbursed or credited to your T-Mobile account
    09-21-2016 11:57 AM
    Those who ordered a replacement from the 844 number, I placed mine around 3pm yesterday and got a text confirmation shortly after (I chose to be notified by text instead of email). Today I got a text notification that it had shipped; I did a chat with T-Mobile to get the tracking number. It looks like just the shipping label has been created and it hasn't actually been picked up yet which is kind of what I expected. The rep I spoke to when I ordered it said I should get it on Thursday as it was pretty late in the day when I placed my order but they are being overnighted, looks like that will be about spot on. Just thought I'd share if folks were trying to get an idea as of to when theirs might ship based on when they ordered.
    i ordered mine about 9am PST yesterday, i recieved a processing text shortly after. I called today and the rep said the store should recieve it by end of business today.
    09-21-2016 11:58 AM
    Also if anyone has to pay taxes or fees, make sure you contact T-Mobile on twitter as soon as you get home and get that reimbursed or credited to your T-Mobile account
    They refunded my taxes in cash. I just called my charge card company and they still have no record of my refund I did a week ago and are no help and it's between me and Tmobile. If I don't hear back later I guess I'll give them a buzz.
    09-21-2016 11:59 AM
    Had to run some other errands after T-Mobile. Wasn't too bad once customer care picked up the phone. I was first in the door, rep was on hold with customer care for about 10 minutes to ask how to handle my loaner since I got it online. He had to mark some notes on it and then cancelled out that EIP on my account, scanned in Note 7 back on JOD and I was done.

About 35 minutes total. Now the multi hour process of setting up new phone starts.

Edit... Before I even got home I had system update, installed it, now have green battery indicator.
    msm0511 likes this.
    09-21-2016 12:02 PM
    Has a guy at the store I frequent call me and tell me he had a blue Note 7 in stock that he would sell me. Drive all the way over there and as soon as I walk in, he tells me he can't sell it. That he just got an email saying he couldn't sell it. He called me to come get it, but couldn't call new to say nevermind. He waits till I get there.

I'm done.
    09-21-2016 12:05 PM
    It won't be credited if you return3d the recalled note 7 and got your refund from that already. In that case going in today is treated more like a new purchase.
    09-21-2016 12:06 PM
    I knew the whole loaner thing was going to cause issues which is EXACTLY why I never went for the loaner phone. Just seemed like adding a bad idea on top of a bad situation.
    09-21-2016 12:09 PM
    I knew the whole loaner thing was going to cause issues which is EXACTLY why I never went for the loaner phone. Just seemed like adding a bad idea on top of a bad situation.
    Same here and I hate the s7 and s7 edge
    09-21-2016 12:13 PM
    Yup that's why I kept using my note 7. Never have me an issue. Walk in exchange it and walk out
    09-21-2016 12:14 PM
    At T-Mobile going on 3 hours, unfortunately got there behind customers exchanging 3 - 4 phones. Only blue in Stock which works for me since mine is blue. Having a problem because the loaner shows as my permanent phone and my Note 7 shows returned (I'm typing this on my Note 7 btw while they sort things out) . This whole thing is one big cluster!
    09-21-2016 12:14 PM
    At T-Mobile going on 3 hours, unfortunately got there behind customers exchanging 3 - 4 phones. Only blue in Stock which works for me since mine is blue. Having a problem because the loaner shows as my permanent phone and my Note 7 shows returned (I'm typing this on my Note 7 btw while they sort things out) . This whole thing is one big cluster!
    Oh hell no 3 hours. I hope you walking out with some free accessories.
    09-21-2016 12:16 PM
    My T-Mobile store has it down pack. 1 section for people that still have note 7 and another section for people with loaners. If you still have note 7 much easier process than loaners.
    lv2bsilly likes this.
    09-21-2016 12:18 PM
    Maybe Batman will give us some type of bill credit.
    09-21-2016 12:19 PM
    On top of it all they are saying that they are not doing data transfers so asking if my data is backed up. SMH.
    09-21-2016 12:22 PM
2,848 ... 8990919293 ...