10-12-2016 12:45 PM
2,848 ... 96979899100 ...
tools
    My wife hates her blue and is joining team black. To shiny for her liking. I just can't see me walking around with a shiny blue phone. Plus the Black pops with videos and goes with any case. Glad your happy with your choice that's what it's all about. Love different options to fit everyone style.
    I switched to blue from black, mainly because that's what was available. I like the blue well enough, still think the black is better but don't really have any regrets, they are both very nice looking phones.
    amyf27 likes this.
    09-22-2016 07:37 AM
    Definitely Different Strokes for different folks. The only thing I notice it's hard to find a nice case for coral blue
    I don't know if this who match. But it's clear with a blue removeable bumper around it. I got it when someone was sharing coupon codes to see if I'd like the Note 7 (99 cents USD and free shipping). Might match and show off the blue with the clear case.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IJSQHWY...cUvbUpU5438562
    09-22-2016 07:52 AM
    For those who did receive a replacement phone did you have to sign a new EIP? I'm hoping so. I wanna try to see if I can use that for the promotion for the gear fit 2.
    09-22-2016 07:54 AM
    Definitely Different Strokes for different folks. The only thing I notice it's hard to find a nice case for coral blue
    This is one reason I switched to the black from the blue. I had bought a black Tumi Case and an OEM Samsung black leather Case and they didn't look as good on the blue as I thought the black would. Sure enough the cases look really good on the totally blacked out Note 7. Wicked good. The blue looked really nice on my UAG Ash Case.
    09-22-2016 08:00 AM
    I'm currently using a Caseology case with a maroon colored leather style back. I may look for a desert tan or black style case. I do have a black flex gel case too.
    09-22-2016 08:22 AM
    I'm kinda leaning towards the blue if I can find a store that has one. I think it might look kinda cool with my black slim case. Only time will tell.
    I have a black flex gel case that my coral blue looks good in
    The only thing I don't like about coral blue certain times it looks lavender like a very light purple
    Does tend to be a bit shiny in sunlight
    For those having trouble getting their Note7s, try this number: 1-844-275-9309. The store I had exchanged my Note7s at wouldn't refund me my accessories. They told me to call 611. 611 told me only 4 call centers were handling the Note7 situation and that number above is one of them. I called that number and they refunded me. Maybe someone else can get some good news using that number as well.
    09-22-2016 08:23 AM
    For those who did receive a replacement phone did you have to sign a new EIP? I'm hoping so. I wanna try to see if I can use that for the promotion for the gear fit 2.
    I did. My samsung pay is showing that promo expired though
    09-22-2016 08:24 AM
    That deal has already ended. I believe it was yesterday that it stopped, but it could've been a little earlier.
    09-22-2016 08:35 AM
    Got the email last night that my replacement has shipped to my local store (if you consider an hour drive local). Thinking it'll arrive there either late today or sometime tomorrow. I'm not quite sure when I'll be able to go pick it up though. My dept at work is down to 3 people that has to be up and running 24 hrs/day 7 days/week. Needless to say I've been getting lots of overtime lately. I'm already cranky from working so much. If one thing goes wrong I'm gonna tell them to cancel the Note completely and order a different phone. Even if that means going back to iOS. Spending upwards of 3 hrs dealing with this in store with what little free time I have right now is not a great feeling. Not to mention all the time I've spent dealing with this entire fiasco.
    09-22-2016 08:42 AM
    I returned mine to the store and they wanted everything that came with it.
    09-22-2016 09:02 AM
    Got the email last night that my replacement has shipped to my local store (if you consider an hour drive local). Thinking it'll arrive there either late today or sometime tomorrow. I'm not quite sure when I'll be able to go pick it up though. My dept at work is down to 3 people that has to be up and running 24 hrs/day 7 days/week. Needless to say I've been getting lots of overtime lately. I'm already cranky from working so much. If one thing goes wrong I'm gonna tell them to cancel the Note completely and order a different phone. Even if that means going back to iOS. Spending upwards of 3 hrs dealing with this in store with what little free time I have right now is not a great feeling. Not to mention all the time I've spent dealing with this entire fiasco.
    It wasn't a text, but an email? I was told I would get a text when the device has shipped. I only received the first text yesterday morning saying that it was being processed.
    09-22-2016 09:19 AM
    It wasn't a text, but an email? I was told I would get a text when the device has shipped. I only received the first text yesterday morning saying that it was being processed.
    Call the 844 number. The same thing happened to me and when i called them, they gave me my tracking number.
    09-22-2016 09:27 AM
    I've been getting both texts and emails. The email about it shipping out came last night. I got the text this morning. The auto sms feature seems to be a little behind the email system. It may be how it's set up in mytmobile. Or the rep could've applied both notification systems. I can't remember if he asked what type of notification I wanted to receive or not.
    09-22-2016 09:27 AM
    This whole thing is ridiculous. For every interaction I have had with T-Mobile throughout this whole debacle, I've received at least 3 different answers each time. Sometimes from the same source (Tforce etc). The sadder part is I know I'm far from alone in this experience. Honestly, I'm getting tired of trying and seriously considering just giving up and returning the thing and keeping my loaner.
    fgcchevy likes this.
    09-22-2016 09:30 AM
    This whole thing is ridiculous. For every interaction I have had with T-Mobile throughout this whole debacle, I've received at least 3 different answers each time. Sometimes from the same source (Tforce etc). The sadder part is I know I'm far from alone in this experience. Honestly, I'm getting tired of trying and seriously considering just giving up and returning the thing and keeping my loaner.
    I'm right there with you. I don't wanna keep my loaner though. I have the S7 Edge as my loaner. I don't like the Silver. Plus I get too many accidental presses on the edges. Especially using the keyboard. Never had that problem with my Note.
    jlczl and ajb1965 like this.
    09-22-2016 09:38 AM
    I am also considering just returning it just waiting til the 30th , t-mobile has been very unorganized with this whole situation, I've received so many different statements from them and they all contradict one another
    fgcchevy and ajb1965 like this.
    09-22-2016 09:59 AM
    Isn't it amazing how a communications company has extremely poor communication? In an era when information can be so easily sent with up to the minutes news that this recall has been like people talking through tin cans with no string.
    09-22-2016 10:08 AM
    You were able to do a smartswitch? They had everyone turn off their note 7 while in the store and wouldn't let anyone turn them back on for any reason, smartswitch or even to do a factory reset. They said this was as per Samsung. If you went in with a phone with all info and pictures without backing up then you were out of luck. T-mobile gestapo. What's worse is that almost everyone did a factory reset secretly while in line and then walked out without a replacement phone due to the ineptitude of the employees. This was me included. AARRGHHH.
    09-22-2016 10:17 AM
    after using the edge as a loaner it is a no go. Drives me crazy with the accidental touches on the sides and the whole experience is not as good as the note7.
    msm0511, DBR509, jlczl and 1 others like this.
    09-22-2016 10:20 AM
    after using the edge as a loaner it is a no go. Drives me crazy with the accidental touches on the sides and the whole experience is not as good as the note7.
    This was my thinking as well. At first I was going to just keep the Edge but after a few days of using I realized.... Nope, nope, gotta get the Note 7 back.

Those Edge sides are way too much.
    09-22-2016 10:24 AM
    I've been getting both texts and emails. The email about it shipping out came last night. I got the text this morning. The auto sms feature seems to be a little behind the email system. It may be how it's set up in mytmobile. Or the rep could've applied both notification systems. I can't remember if he asked what type of notification I wanted to receive or not.
    I only got texts even though I told the rep I wanted email notifications. But at least that's better than no notifications at all. Got a text this morning letting me know my replacement has been delivered to the store. So I'll be stopping by tomorrow to swap out my old Note and my S7E loaner. We shall see how it goes...
    msm0511 likes this.
    09-22-2016 11:09 AM
    When I switched my Note7 yesterday, the rep told me that they were not allowed to do any data transfers. 30 min into the exchange process, she told me to go ahead and turn on my old Note7 and begin Smart Switch, which I did with no problems.
    09-22-2016 11:34 AM
    You were able to do a smartswitch? They had everyone turn off their note 7 while in the store and wouldn't let anyone turn them back on for any reason, smartswitch or even to do a factory reset. They said this was as per Samsung. If you went in with a phone with all info and pictures without backing up then you were out of luck. T-mobile gestapo. What's worse is that almost everyone did a factory reset secretly while in line and then walked out without a replacement phone due to the ineptitude of the employees. This was me included. AARRGHHH.
    In an email I got from either T-Mobile or Samsung (gotten so many I can't remember who it was from) but it stated they would not be doing data transfers from the old device to the new one due to CPSC rules. The only benefit of this is it should help speed up the process and cut down on the wait time.
    09-22-2016 11:34 AM
2,848 ... 96979899100 ...