10-12-2016 12:45 PM
2,848 ... 979899100101 ...
tools
    When I switched my Note7 yesterday, the rep told me that they were not allowed to do any data transfers. 30 min into the exchange process, she told me to go ahead and turn on my old Note7 and begin Smart Switch, which I did with no problems.
    I was just going to grab mine and go but they mentioned smart switch so I decided to let them. They copied all to the new phone so it's all setup like the other so I'm happy. In about 4 hours I will have 24 hours in with the replacement N7
    09-22-2016 11:35 AM
    Isn't it amazing how a communications company has extremely poor communication? In an era when information can be so easily sent with up to the minutes news that this recall has been like people talking through tin cans with no string.
    To be honest, I can see how this kind of thing happens when getting conflicting information over the phone and Twitter help. T-mobile 611 reps probably don't get paid a whole lot and probably have a high turnover rate. Some (not all) probably aren't that detail oriented or maybe just don't care enough to know every aspect of their job.
    09-22-2016 12:15 PM
    I only got texts even though I told the rep I wanted email notifications. But at least that's better than no notifications at all. Got a text this morning letting me know my replacement has been delivered to the store. So I'll be stopping by tomorrow to swap out my old Note and my S7E loaner. We shall see how it goes...
    Did you get any shipping tracking information texts before that one? I got my first one about 27 hours ago. Nothing since.
    09-22-2016 12:16 PM
    I returned mine to the store and they wanted everything that came with it.
    That's why you shouldn't have taken anything but the phone with you. If they try and refuse you because you don't have accessories talk to a manager and stay firm

On a side note... I'm waiting until the madness dies down. Still no spontaneous combustion here
    amyf27 likes this.
    09-22-2016 12:21 PM
    For anyone who got their T-mobile replacement that had signal reception issues with your original...is this one better or the same? My original was pretty bad. I am assuming the new one will be bad as well. Not sure why it's like that.
    When I popped the sim from my original Note7 into my Note5, no issues in the same area.
    09-22-2016 12:25 PM
    That's why you shouldn't have taken anything but the phone with you. If they try and refuse you because you don't have accessories talk to a manager and stay firm

On a side note... I'm waiting until the madness dies down. Still no spontaneous combustion here
    Seeing as every store seems to be different on what you need to return, I'm thinking some stores are trying to scam people so they can keep the extra s-pens and chargers for themselves and just box up the phone for Samsung.
    DBR509 likes this.
    09-22-2016 12:27 PM
    For those having trouble getting their Note7s, try this number: 1-844-275-9309. The store I had exchanged my Note7s at wouldn't refund me my accessories. They told me to call 611. 611 told me only 4 call centers were handling the Note7 situation and that number above is one of them. I called that number and they refunded me. Maybe someone else can get some good news using that number as well.
    For those still looking for a exchange. Just call 1-844-275-9309. I did it few minutes ago. Two note 7 coming to a store near me as soon as they have them in stock. She also told me a large amount of note 7 is on the way. Call the 844# guys, no need to call and drive around like crazy. Waste of time and gas. Just my 2 cents. Best of luck to everyone.
    09-22-2016 12:32 PM
    Seeing as every store seems to be different on what you need to return, I'm thinking some stores are trying to scam people so they can keep the extra s-pens and chargers for themselves and just box up the phone for Samsung.
    I was thinking the same thing.
    09-22-2016 12:32 PM
    The usb-c cable /chargers are kind of pricey. I have a ton of micro USB cables
    09-22-2016 12:34 PM
    For anyone who got their T-mobile replacement that had signal reception issues with your original...is this one better or the same? My original was pretty bad. I am assuming the new one will be bad as well. Not sure why it's like that.
    When I popped the sim from my original Note7 into my Note5, no issues in the same area.
    Mine seems to be better but The real test is tomorrow which Will be My 1st day driving to Work with IT I Work about 48 miles from My Home and typically have pretty bad reception in an out along The way
    09-22-2016 12:38 PM
    The usb-c cable /chargers are kind of pricey. I have a ton of micro USB cables
    That's where those adapters come in very handy i'm going to be very careful with the chords I use though on this one all the micro u s b ones I have have lots and lots of cat chew marks because our cat gets temperamental
    09-22-2016 12:39 PM
    went to UPS website to track my note 7 shipping to store near me and came across this info on their site...

Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Recall Updates

Service Update

Posted September 15, 2016

As Samsung defines and communicates its recall replacement program for its Samsung Galaxy Note 7 phones, UPS has offered our support and will continue to monitor the situation. UPS follows International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), International Air Transport Association (IATA) and U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) guidelines that currently prohibit air shipments for any lithium battery products recalled for safety reasons.

The U.S. DOT has approved the return of recalled products using specially permitted DOT-SP 16011 packaging. The returns can only be shipped using UPS® Ground services. Samsung has made arrangements to provide the necessary packaging customers will need, as well as a return label to complete the return.

UPS is committed to the safe transportation of hazardous materials in all modes, and we adhere both to U.S. and international regulations and standards for shipping batteries. We work with the many responsible consumer electronics and battery manufacturers to follow all guidelines.

Continue to check here for more information as we learn more about the situation.
    09-22-2016 12:41 PM
    Did you get any shipping tracking information texts before that one? I got my first one about 27 hours ago. Nothing since.
    No, none of the texts had tracking info. Just notifications letting me know that the device had shipped. I had to hit up TMobileHelp on twitter to get the tracking info.
    09-22-2016 12:57 PM
    In an email I got from either T-Mobile or Samsung (gotten so many I can't remember who it was from) but it stated they would not be doing data transfers from the old device to the new one due to CPSC rules. The only benefit of this is it should help speed up the process and cut down on the wait time.
    When I returned my Note 7 for the Edge last week they were going to let me transfer everything over but I already did that at home with transferring all my data to the S7 I was using as a backup.
    09-22-2016 01:13 PM
    What all did you have to give back to them? Was it just the N7 or all the stuff that came in the box?

I'm hoping to return just the phone and get an extra charger out of it.
    Your results may vary. I gave them everything but the headphones, but I saw somebody give up just their old device.
    09-22-2016 01:15 PM
    I will be picking my new note today.ups delivered it to the store.they just need to do the exchange. Hopefully it will go smoothly.
    09-22-2016 01:26 PM
    I think I'm going to just keep my edge. This whole thing is just too much of a pain.
    09-22-2016 02:23 PM
    I received my new note 7 yesterday. The process is a little slow but under the circumstances t-mobile is doing the best they can.... This will be worth the wait, because I have noticed improvements in the new note 7..... Feels very snappy, runs smooth... A different feel to it!... I just love this phone!
    I hope everyone receives there phone soon!
    amyf27 likes this.
    09-22-2016 02:35 PM
    I received my new note 7 yesterday. The process is a little slow but under the circumstances t-mobile is doing the best they can.... This will be worth the wait, because I have noticed improvements in the new note 7..... Feels very snappy, runs smooth... A different feel to it!... I just love this phone!
    I hope everyone receives there phone soon!
    The replacement Note 7 by far was worth the wait. So glad I got it
    09-22-2016 02:41 PM
    Agree. Was definitely worth the wait. But I wouldn't want to have to do it again.
    amyf27 likes this.
    09-22-2016 02:47 PM
    I had signal issues on my original Note 7 where if I lost the data connection I would not get it back until I did a reboot. I have not had that issue with the replacement Note 7.
    09-22-2016 02:55 PM
    If anyone called T-Mobile to get replacement sent to the store how lpng did u wait? I called yesterday to have it sent to the store n caller today to see if its been shipped n found out its ob back order smh
    09-22-2016 03:22 PM
    If anyone called T-Mobile to get replacement sent to the store how lpng did u wait? I called yesterday to have it sent to the store n caller today to see if its been shipped n found out its ob back order smh
    I called yesterday to have my new device sent to the store. I shortly after received a text that it was processing and then this morning I received a text it shipped. Oddly enough, this afternoon I received a text that it was ready for pickup at the store. I will have to go tomorrow to pick it up since I didn't bring everything with me today. Let's just hope it is still there.
    09-22-2016 03:29 PM
    I think I'm going to just keep my edge. This whole thing is just too much of a pain.
    That is what I'm doing. I'm so over with this! Even though I got my Edge, I'm still having to deal with this fiasco waiting to get my 864 bucks back into my account since they messed the return process up. I'm sure that will take a couple more weeks knowing my luck.

I just can't escape this whole thing. I will probably get an S8 Edge but hell NO to pre ordering and buying it on release day after all this.
    ajb1965 likes this.
    09-22-2016 03:31 PM
    I ordered Tuesday 9-20 around 3:30pm, so it was too late for UPS to pick up that day. Went out the next day and I got a text that it had been shipped, since there was no tracking number in the text I got on a live chat with T-Mobile to get a tracking number which they provided and it was delivered to the store today.

Heads up to those who ordered to a store. So if the UPS shows it has been delivered to your store, phone the store first and see if it's been updated in the system and they will be able to give it to you. I noticed on UPS that it had been delivered, I called my store about an hour after that to verify and asked if I could come and pick it up since I was about to take my lunch break and the store is only about 3 miles away. They said it was there and that I could come and pick it up; great I thought. So I get to the store, there are 2 people in front of me so it takes about 15 minutes until I can talk to a rep. They go back and get my Note 7 and start plugging away at the computer. Finally he looks up at me and says unfortunately this phone hasn't been updated in the system yet so we can't give it to you (by this I'm guessing he means since it hasn't been updated in the system they have no way to assign it to my account, create the EIP and so on). Then he said it can take anywhere from 2-3 hours for the system to update... I was sooooo close to getting my new Note 7 and then he just takes it away from me... cruel. He took my name and number and said he would check throughout the day to see if it has been updated and for me to call in when I get off work to see if it's ready. Had it been a much longer drive to the store I would have been po'd but it's only a few miles so it is what it is but I did end up wasting my lunch break.
    09-22-2016 03:37 PM
2,848 ... 979899100101 ...