T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
I spoke with a customer service rep and he told me the same thing that most everyone was told about returning their phones. Since this will be a full return and wipe out everything and start new. I asked since I have the black can I get the blue or does it have to be the same color (black). He said since its a return I can get the blue if they have any in stock ay my local store. I just need to call ahead first. Cool, first my vacation is next week then the next I can return this and maybe get the blue and start over fresh. Is any one going to return the black phone and get the blue one?

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I don't know.. So many people turned in their Jump and Jump on Demand trade in phones and don't have an extra.

I turned in my N5 to get the N7 with JOD, and so now I'm using my N2. The N7 is going to seems so super duper insanely fast when they get some non-exploding ones in stock and I can switch back. Cannot wait.

Kilroy672

Jan 30, 2016
Visit site
They told me two weeks or so.
Same here. But since I ordered mine online and received it via UPS. Can I do my return and exchange in store? Or do I have to have the replacement sent by UPS? Meaning do I do the return/exchange with the customer rep by phone or just walk into my store and take care of it there?

ctown81

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I like that Sprint is offering the opportunity to trade the phone for something else UNTIL they get the new Note 7s in stock, then you can go back to the Note 7. With T-Mobile, you either have to hang on to it for a couple weeks, or trade/return it and get something else, but they don't say if they'll let you exchange that for a new Note 7 when they're available. I'm on JOD but I don't wanna waste one of my jumps on something that isn't my fault, and I really like this phone.
Doesn't affect JOD

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Is any one going to return the black phone and get the blue one?
Well, if we indeed get a choice, I'm going to go from blue to black. Having a new color is cool, but it's a little too reflective and shiny for my taste. A little too distracting when watching videos, viewing photos, etc. Plus, I'm finding that it's more difficult to pick accessories and even things like wallpapers and themes because I have to make sure it doesn't clash with blue. Everything goes with black!

Keltian

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I called T-Mobile. They said Samsung and T-Mobile will reach out to us to let us know when they are ready to replace our Note 7s. Then we can place our order whether that be over the phone or in store. I'll be ordering mine over the phone to be shipped to me. Mine seems to be fine, the battery life is wonderful and it doesn't heat up when fast charging by USB so I can wait it out. I'm still going to replace it of course.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I called T-Mobile. They said Samsung and T-Mobile will reach out to us to let us know when they are ready to replace our Note 7s. Then we can place our order whether that be over the phone or in store. I'll be ordering mine over the phone to be shipped to me. Mine seems to be fine, the battery life is wonderful and it doesn't heat up when fast charging by USB so I can wait it out. I'm still going to replace it of course.
Same here. Plus if you plan to sell at some point it will help to have the "fixed" one.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Same here. But since I ordered mine online and received it via UPS. Can I do my return and exchange in store? Or do I have to have the replacement sent by UPS? Meaning do I do the return/exchange with the customer rep by phone or just walk into my store and take care of it there?

Not 100 percent sure yet. The way the rep twitter and the one on the phone told me they can have it shipped to the store so I can turn in the phone there and transfer my data to the new one said I ordered the phone they would have to take it from warehouse stock. The rep on the phone told me I can have the phone shipped to me and then after I get the new phone I can simply send them the old phone back. The way it sounds a lot of people are going to simply swap them out. I hope I can just have it shipped to my house to save time and I can do the set up myself since my store is always busy and the staff I'm not too fond of.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Well this is all good for me since I have scratches on mine already. Now I can rock my current without a screen protector 😉... that's the one thing I'm wondering about I know they're going to swap the batteries in the units we send back but wouldn't they also have to replace all the glass as I'm sure almost everyone have Micro scratches on their units???

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well this is all good for me since I have scratches on mine already. Now I can rock my current without a screen protector 😉... that's the one thing I'm wondering about I know they're going to swap the batteries in the units we send back but wouldn't they also have to replace all the glass as I'm sure almost everyone have Micro scratches on their units???

I'm not sure Samsung has a use for a bunch of refurbs.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm not sure Samsung has a use for a bunch of refurbs.
I'm just saying that on top of replacing all the batteries they will have to replace all of the glass and even some of the outer Metal Frames because some are scratched and they won't be able to sell them as a new device again with cosmetic defects

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I'm just saying that on top of replacing all the batteries they will have to replace all of the glass and even some of the outer Metal Frames because some are scratched and they won't be able to sell them as a new device again with cosmetic defects
They can't sell them as new again. That phone has been sold and registered. It can't be sold as a new device again.

I think the most they will do is use parts if they do. I doubt we will ever see these phones on the market, they were recalled downs safety issue. Not a good thing to deal with for years.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
They wouldn't be able to sell any used phone as new, no matter what condition it's in. Once the box is opened, that's it. It's no longer new.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
They wouldn't be able to sell any used phone as new, no matter what condition it's in. Once the box is opened, that's it. It's no longer new.

They can't sell them as new again. That phone has been sold and registered. It can't be sold as a new device again.

I think the most they will do is use parts if they do. I doubt we will ever see these phones on the market, they were recalled downs safety issue. Not a good thing to deal with for years.
Yeah I know... What I'm saying they would resell the internals after they reflashed the firmware and gave them new IMEI numbers.

I'm saying this because Samsung is only saying that they're going to swap the batteries out but they are going to have to do a lot more than that

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I know... What I'm saying they would resell the internals after they reflashed the firmware and gave them new IMEI numbers.

I'm saying this because Samsung is only saying that they're going to swap the batteries out but they are going to have to do a lot more than that

Who are they going to sell them too? They are theirs for their phones.

They aren't swapping out batteries.

Again, this is a safety recall. Doubt the problems of reusing phones recalled for safety is worth it to Samsung.

JJones1210

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I had been having a really bad issue with my N7. Battery was fine until it got to 25-30%. Then, it would start draining 2-3% a minute while getting scorching hot. So hot that the phone would shut itself off when the battery got just below 10%.
I talked to someone via Twitter Wednesday night, then went into a store yesterday. They ended up replacing my Note 7 with the very last Note 7 they had in stock. Only downfall is that it was blue, and I had black. I'd imagine this new phone falls under the recall as well (even though it seems unaffected). Hoping they'll let me switch it back for a black.
Everyone I spoke with at T-Mobile was extremely helpful. After being with Verizon for 15 years, having a company that seems to care is a nice change of pace. Verizon probably would've just made me wait until the defective phone blew my ear off.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I had been having a really bad issue with my N7. Battery was fine until it got to 25-30%. Then, it would start draining 2-3% a minute while getting scorching hot. So hot that the phone would shut itself off when the battery got just below 10%.
I talked to someone via Twitter Wednesday night, then went into a store yesterday. They ended up replacing my Note 7 with the very last Note 7 they had in stock. Only downfall is that it was blue, and I had black. I'd imagine this new phone falls under the recall as well (even though it seems unaffected). Hoping they'll let me switch it back for a black.
Everyone I spoke with at T-Mobile was extremely helpful. After being with Verizon for 15 years, having a company that seems to care is a nice change of pace. Verizon probably would've just made me wait until the defective phone blew my ear off.
So far I've seen other carriers say colors can be switched.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463