T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

m3lover1

Trusted Member
May 4, 2010
Visit site
Because if they made them defective the first time, who knows if they'll do it right the second time. This is the first time I've bought a phone with a non removable battery. I was iffy about doing that but I did it because I've had every single Note phone. Now with this issue I feel that it was a bad idea. Knowing the possibility of the replacement having issues too and not being able to just swap out the battery.
If you've had every single note phone, how in the world is this your first non removable battery phone? Note 5....

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Just got back from my local T-Mobile store. They were very unsure about how to handle things and admitted that nothing official had been decided yet and that there was no set procedure in place. I was the first customer to try and return the Note 7.

I told them things that I had read on T-Mobile's website (that I could return my phone even if i was outside the the 14 day window) and 2/3 of the employees said "no, that's wrong," but one of the employees got on the phone and called someone who said I could return it no matter what, and to ring it up as a "no receipt return." So they did this for me.

I wanted to make sure that this wouldn't affect my JOD status, and that I'd still get my 2 jumps this year. They said "yes, you will." But once they had processed my transaction (swapping Note7 for S7Edge) it actually took me OFF of JOD. Yikes. They don't offer JOD anymore, so I was really worried about being able to get it back. They tried a few different ways to add JOD back, but it didn't work. Finally they did something, but said I would have to pay $20 upfront to get back on JOD, but that they would credit my account the $20 to zero it out.

So, all in all, they were very helpful and nice, but it seems like there is still a lot of misinformation going around. So if you go to a T-Mobile and don't get the answers you want, talk to another salesperson in the store and/or have them call whomever it is they call when they need help.

alwilliam

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
I checked my settings. Everything is fine. Still didn't get any email like that.

Did you check your spam/junk folder? Just a thought. I got a text once from T-Mo and the security thing from my Note 7 identified as a potential spam.
Anyway the email is just for info purposes. When the new one comes, just go to the store and swap it.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Did you check your spam/junk folder? Just a thought. I got a text once from T-Mo and the security thing from my Note 7 identified as a potential spam.
Anyway the email is just for info purposes. When the new one comes, just go to the store and swap it.
How will I know when the new one comes if they don't notify me? I guess by following this forum.

acentralist

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
When returning to the store for the exchange later on when the replacements are available, what if someone has, say, accidentally misplaced the box with the charger, manuals, etc in it? Will they give me a phone without a box?! What if I've lost my stylus!? I haven't but hey it's my phone and I'm clumsy and it could happen!

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
When returning to the store for the exchange later on when the replacements are available, what if someone has, say, accidentally misplaced the box with the charger, manuals, etc in it? Will they give me a phone without a box?! What if I've lost my stylus!? I haven't but hey it's my phone and I'm clumsy and it could happen!
I think they just want the phone back

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I checked my settings. Everything is fine. Still didn't get any email like that.

Check your spam folder or bulk email folder. I use Gmail and got my conformation email in my bulk folder.

Btw they give you until Sept. 30th if you want a refund or exchange it for a different phone. By that time the V20 should be out so you might want to keep that in mind instead of acting right away and refunding the device. I plan on getting a Note 7 again, but if the V20 somehow blows the Note out of the water I might go to the store and ask to swap it out but most likely I'm sticking with Note 7.

Btw lets say if the V20 is $750, do they refund you the $100 difference in price since the Note 7 was $850 or are you SOL and it's an even exchange? That would suck. I'd make them throw in a spare battery and a Defender case to make the difference up.

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site

They didn't ask me for anything but the phone itself. I did still have the stylus, though.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Check your spam folder or bulk email folder. I use Gmail and got my conformation email in my bulk folder.

Btw they give you until Sept. 30th if you want a refund or exchange it for a different phone. By that time the V20 should be out so you might want to keep that in mind instead of acting right away and refunding the device. I plan on getting a Note 7 again, but if the V20 somehow blows the Note out of the water I might go to the store and ask to swap it out but most likely I'm sticking with Note 7.

Btw lets say if the V20 is $750, do they refund you the $100 difference in price since the Note 7 was $850 or are you SOL and it's an even exchange? That would suck. I'd make them throw in a spare battery and a Defender case to make the difference up.
They have to refund the difference in price. And I heard it's going to cost 650. Don't take me 100 % on that though. It's only a rumor on Reddit.

acentralist

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
If I decide to hold onto my Note 7 until a new one comes out do you think they'd still let me swap it out for it?

I read somewhere the deadline is September 30, for T-Mobile customers to exchange their Note 7. That said, I think by law Samsung is required to repair the phone without forcing you to do so by a certain date. So what I'm thinking is while T-Mobile may stop honoring their exchange after September 30, you should still be able to send your phone to Samsung after that for repair/exchange. Keep in mind, there aren't much data out there about this yet, so much of what I'm saying is pure speculation.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
They have to refund the difference in price. And I heard it's going to cost 650. Don't take me 100 % on that though. It's only a rumor on Reddit.

WOW!! If this is a great device then hell yea I might jump on that if minus Spen it has the same or better specs such as 6gb of ram that is rumored and a better camera.

I would think the phone will be out by Sept 30th deadline If it's not I will just get a refund or swap for Note 7.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Just got back from my local T-Mobile store. They were very unsure about how to handle things and admitted that nothing official had been decided yet and that there was no set procedure in place. I was the first customer to try and return the Note 7.

I told them things that I had read on T-Mobile's website (that I could return my phone even if i was outside the the 14 day window) and 2/3 of the employees said "no, that's wrong," but one of the employees got on the phone and called someone who said I could return it no matter what, and to ring it up as a "no receipt return." So they did this for me.

I wanted to make sure that this wouldn't affect my JOD status, and that I'd still get my 2 jumps this year. They said "yes, you will." But once they had processed my transaction (swapping Note7 for S7Edge) it actually took me OFF of JOD. Yikes. They don't offer JOD anymore, so I was really worried about being able to get it back. They tried a few different ways to add JOD back, but it didn't work. Finally they did something, but said I would have to pay $20 upfront to get back on JOD, but that they would credit my account the $20 to zero it out.

So, all in all, they were very helpful and nice, but it seems like there is still a lot of misinformation going around. So if you go to a T-Mobile and don't get the answers you want, talk to another salesperson in the store and/or have them call whomever it is they call when they need help.
They need to get with their district manager because TMO has something official in place, from day 1.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

They refund you any difference in what you paid and what you buy. They can't charge you more for a new device than what it is.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
WOW!! If this is a great device then hell yea I might jump on that if minus Spen it has the same or better specs such as 6gb of ram that is rumored and a better camera.

I would think the phone will be out by Sept 30th deadline If it's not I will just get a refund or swap for Note 7.
If I like what I see on the release date which is September 6 I will return this phone and use the back up I bought until the V20 gets to T-Mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech