T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
They need to get with their district manager because TMO has something official in place, from day 1.

I tried to tell them that more or less. But I was trying to be really nice and patient so that they would give me what I wanted. O:)

One of the guys also said the phones in the US are not dangerous and there is only a problem with the overseas one. I asked him if he ever read android central and he said yes. So I don't get why he has no idea what he's talking about.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I read somewhere the deadline is September 30, for T-Mobile customers to exchange their Note 7. That said, I think by law Samsung is required to repair the phone without forcing you to do so by a certain date. So what I'm thinking is while T-Mobile may stop honoring their exchange after September 30, you should still be able to send your phone to Samsung after that for repair/exchange. Keep in mind, there aren't much data out there about this yet, so much of what I'm saying is pure speculation.
No law yet. This is a voluntary recall on Samsung's part, not an official one.

Government is not involved with this.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I tried to tell them that more or less. But I was trying to be really nice and patient so that they would give me what I wanted. O:)

One of the guys also said the phones in the US are not dangerous and there is only a problem with the overseas one. I asked him if he ever read android central and he said yes. So I don't get why he has no idea what he's talking about.
That isn't what Samsung said either and neither does Samsung USA 😉 You should call him about this. Samsung USA is recalling all they sold..

http://news.samsung.com/us/2016/09/02/samsung-establishes-u-s-product-exchange-program-galaxy-note7/

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
If I like what I see on the release date which is September 6 I will return this phone and use the back up I bought until the V20 gets to T-Mobile.

I'm hoping the phone is out by the end of the week then or the following. Do you see the stores selling out of the V20 fast like they did for the Note 7 or only getting in a few v20s? I don't think it will be as popular as the Note 7 on release day.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping the phone is out by the end of the week then or the following. Do you see the stores selling out of the V20 fast like they did for the Note 7 or only getting in a few v20s? I don't think it will be as popular as the Note 7 on release day.
I don't think so either. People aren't freaking out over it as much as the Note 7.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
It won't be anywhere close to as popular as the Note 7 and I think initial rumor was carrier launch around September 18.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I don't think so either. People aren't freaking out over it as much as the Note 7.

I agree. I have not seen much buzz for the V20 besides some of the usual tech sites. Amazon already has cases for it. I hope best Buy has the demo unit for display on Tue then so I can go **** around with it next week. If they do and I like it I might call Tmobile and see about them swapping it out for my Note 7. Gives me time to order a case on Amazon then and spare battery.

How long is it usually after LG officially announces a new phone before stores get the display units?

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I agree. I have not seen much buzz for the V20 besides some of the usual tech sites. Amazon already has cases for it. I hope best Buy has the demo unit for display on Tue then so I can go **** around with it next week. If they do and I like it I might call Tmobile and see about them swapping it out for my Note 7. Gives me time to order a case on Amazon then and spare battery.

How long is it usually after LG officially announces a new phone before stores get the display units?
Not sure. The rumors say it will be available for preorder September 14 and will be in stores by September 23. Let's see if that's true.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Not sure. The rumors say it will be available for preorder September 14 and will be in stores by September 23. Let's see if that's true.

I hope so. That gives us plenty of time to research the specs more and early reviews. The current deadline to swap out for a new phone is Sept30th so that gives plenty of time to decide, plus imo they will extend the deadline though to return it.

If by the 20th there is still no time table for the replacement Note 7s then I might pull the trigger on the V20.

If I decide to swap it out for the V20 do you think I can have them ship it to me and refund the difference on my credit card and then ship them my old Note 7? When I asked about getting a replacement one they said I could keep my current Note 7 then when I get the new Note to simply send them the old one.

I'd much rather do it via mail like I did with the Note 7 instead of dealing with the clueless reps at the store.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I hope so. That gives us plenty of time to research the specs more and early reviews. The current deadline to swap out for a new phone is Sept30th so that gives plenty of time to decide, plus imo they will extend the deadline though to return it.

If by the 20th there is still no time table for the replacement Note 7s then I might pull the trigger on the V20.

If I decide to swap it out for the V20 do you think I can have them ship it to me and refund the difference on my credit card and then ship them my old Note 7? When I asked about getting a replacement one they said I could keep my current Note 7 then when I get the new Note to simply send them the old one.

I'd much rather do it via mail like I did with the Note 7 instead of dealing with the clueless reps at the store.
I'm not sure about the trade for the Note 7 and the V20 being done that way but maybe you can work something out with them since they're trying to accommodate us because of the recall.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure about the trade for the Note 7 and the V20 being done that way but maybe you can work something out with them since they're trying to accommodate us because of the recall.

That's what I'm thinking too. I just figured if they're going to let me keep the Note 7 and send them in AFTER I get the new note 7 I don't see why they can do the same for the V20.

If I go that route and have to go into the store can they put a note on my account when I call the 800 number just in case I get a jerk rep or store manager who says I can't exchange it for a V20 at the store level even though the website says you can?

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
That's what I'm thinking too. I just figured if they're going to let me keep the Note 7 and send them in AFTER I get the new note 7 I don't see why they can do the same for the V20.

If I go that route and have to go into the store can they put a note on my account when I call the 800 number just in case I get a jerk rep or store manager who says I can't exchange it for a V20 at the store level even though the website says you can?
You can have them put a note on your account if you call. Also, show them what the website says to prove them wrong. It will be a hassle but they can't argue with what's in writing.

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
Well. I guess if this isn't settled within a week or so I'll be getting the new iPhone. I definitely dont want to get stuck with a phone that is recalled!!

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Well. I guess if this isn't settled within a week or so I'll be getting the new iPhone. I definitely dont want to get stuck with a phone that is recalled!!
I don't think I could go with an iPhone even if I couldn't keep this one. I've tried them and they're just too boring.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

At that time, the store reps won't be clueless.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
At that time, the store reps won't be clueless.

Hope so. I was actually impressed the girl who picked up the phone at the store at least somewhat knew what was going on. The other problem I only have one store in my county and it's always super busy. I mean you might have to wait an hour versus taking 20 minutes at home to open the box and transfer everything. I can drive almost 40 miles north for more stores or 25-30 miles to my south.

Lets say I got an Iphone 7plus, do you think stock will run low and stores will only get a few and they will be back ordered or since it's Iphone they will have a lot of stock?

Also is there an app where you can transfer google contacts onto an Iphone from Android?

Thegreatone3

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I wonder how they're going to figure out which store they're going to send us to for the exchange if we ordered over the phone or online. Closest proximity? The one that gets shipments first? There's about four different T-Mobile stores within five miles for me. Should be interesting.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't know.. Samsung doesn't do warranty replacement for the US and doesn't have large US refurb sales. They are increasing that, but it it geared to international sales. Also the refurbs we can buy at carriers, don't come from Samsung. I always thought Samsung certified them, Samsung told me no they don't.
But when they have a large number of devices... They aren't just going to throw them away... They might fix it and sell it cheap to a wholesaler...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney