T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I will likely go back to a 6S Plus, which after using the Note 7 for a while i feel like is a better phone for me. Faster, better battery, better apps. And then jump to the iPhone 7. The note 7 has been fun but not for me.

Same here. Announcement is on Tuesday and I'm hoping my jump will be reset by then.

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Same here. Announcement is on Tuesday and I'm hoping my jump will be reset by then.

From what I heard, your Jump is not reset. Going back to a 6S Plus after I already turned my old one ends still counts as having used one of my Jumps. Which sucks. Hopefully I can still preorder the 7.

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I didn't send my trade in. I held on it just in case. According to T-Mobile, they're supposed to reset it. But nobody knows how long that takes... And someone else here said his jump was reset.

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
I didn't send my trade in. I held on it just in case. According to T-Mobile, they're supposed to reset it. But nobody knows how long that takes... And someone else here said his jump was reset.

Good news - hopefully that will be the case for me. I wouldn't mind rolling with a 6s plus for a few weeks more either way - fantastic phone still.

dseiden

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like a good plan.. I am thinking that I will do about the same. I went to the Tmobile store I got it from and they were suggesting to just return the device and not wait as they seemed to think the phones will not be in their hands for at least 3 weeks. I am certainly hoping that this is incorrect as this is the only place that seemed to think that.

I expect even after the V20 comes out I will still want a new Note7

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Sounds like a good plan.. I am thinking that I will do about the same. I went to the Tmobile store I got it from and they were suggesting to just return the device and not wait as they seemed to think the phones will not be in their hands for at least 3 weeks. I am certainly hoping that this is incorrect as this is the only place that seemed to think that.

I expect even after the V20 comes out I will still want a new Note7

Over on the Verizon thread someone said that they were told at the Verizon store that as early as next week sometime they will have the new Notes in. I hope that's the case for Tmobile too.

I'm holding onto mine too. If it gets to the last week of sept and no new Note I guess a refund and use my S7 which I hate or most likely just swap it for V20 or if they have the Iphone 7plus.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Heck I might just get a black iPhone 7 if the note is not available in 2 weeks. Maybe...just depends on how I feel.

That is what I'm thinking too lol. It's between the V20 and 7 plus then for me. I'd rather swap it out instead of waiting for the money to go back onto my card. V20 I hear around sept 18th so that's still way before the 9/30 deadline return our phones. I hope Iphone is out by then too but I much rather stick with Android.

Tabbiel1989

May 9, 2014
Visit site
Anyone know how long it takes for the EIP and jump upgrade to reset? I returned mine before this recall and it was delivered on the morning of August 31st.

I'm not sure. My first one got returned the same day. I talked to a Tmobile rep and they said it may take 1-7 days for them to scan the return in their system and then an additional 3 business days for a refund.

True_RL

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I spoke to 2 T-Mobile rep today and they weren't too sure about when their next batch would arrive. The first one said as early as next weekend...

Then the rep on T-Mobile help on Twitter said "We have extended the Buyer's Remorse period for the Note 7 until the end of September! We will get a replacement to you. An accurate expectation would be 2-4 weeks for an exchange for the Note 7. *RavenP"

If anyone else has experience this, some feedback would be nice. I'm actually thinking of returning it for a full refund (since I paid for it outright) to avoid any issues if we make it to the 4th week.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I spoke to 2 T-Mobile rep today and they weren't too sure about when their next batch would arrive. The first one said as early as next weekend...

Then the rep on T-Mobile help on Twitter said "We have extended the Buyer's Remorse period for the Note 7 until the end of September! We will get a replacement to you. An accurate expectation would be 2-4 weeks for an exchange for the Note 7. *RavenP"

If anyone else has experience this, some feedback would be nice. I'm actually thinking of returning it for a full refund (since I paid for it outright) to avoid any issues if we make it to the 4th week.

Basically same info I got. The next week might be somewhat accurate because someone on the Verizon thread said next week possibly as well. I hope so. If not I might either get a refund or swap it for V20 or Iphone 7plus if they're out by then.

bable

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
How quickly do we need to act in order to get a refund?
My old phone died and I just kind of settled for the note, but the new Pixels sound mighty sweet...

graham2024

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know how to transfer their Samsung Rewards promotion credit? I figured it would just be there when signed in with my info on my S7.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site

I have yet to send in my old phone for my jump yet but they say it's ok to keep both until the replacements come out...
4eff34263468759d86c5eb2e7379ca63.jpg

e584289cae54321da7868badbf1bfaf6.jpg

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
How quickly do we need to act in order to get a refund?
My old phone died and I just kind of settled for the note, but the new Pixels sound mighty sweet...

Sept 30th. I think it could be extended if they don't get new replacement Notes in fast enough though.

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site

I'm getting a little worried regarding JOD, because according to T-Mobile's help site, they no longer offer JOD for the Note 7 as of Aug 6th. Which makes no sense, because I jumped from a N5 to a N7 on August 19th. Here is a link the page I'm talking about https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-22281

According to the JOD fine print, they can cancel the JOD program at any time with 30 days notice and allowing you one last jump. Today, I switched out my potentially explosive N7 for an S7edge, and now I'm worried that I won't be allowed to jump back to the N7 ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03