T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Sounds like a good plan.. I am thinking that I will do about the same. I went to the Tmobile store I got it from and they were suggesting to just return the device and not wait as they seemed to think the phones will not be in their hands for at least 3 weeks. I am certainly hoping that this is incorrect as this is the only place that seemed to think that.

My T-Mobile store said 3 weeks as well. (Los Angeles suburb)

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
I spoke to 2 T-Mobile rep today and they weren't too sure about when their next batch would arrive. The first one said as early as next weekend...

Then the rep on T-Mobile help on Twitter said "We have extended the Buyer's Remorse period for the Note 7 until the end of September! We will get a replacement to you. An accurate expectation would be 2-4 weeks for an exchange for the Note 7. *RavenP"

If anyone else has experience this, some feedback would be nice. I'm actually thinking of returning it for a full refund (since I paid for it outright) to avoid any issues if we make it to the 4th week.

I was told 3 weeks by the T-Mobile store. But I'm going to go by the worst case scenario in the email and assume 2-4 weeks means 4, since why not say 2-3 if it's going to be 3.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting a little worried regarding JOD, because according to T-Mobile's help site, they no longer offer JOD for the Note 7 as of Aug 6th. Which makes no sense, because I jumped from a N5 to a N7 on August 19th. Here is a link the page I'm talking about https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-22281

According to the JOD fine print, they can cancel the JOD program at any time with 30 days notice and allowing you one last jump. Today, I switched out my potentially explosive N7 for an S7edge, and now I'm worried that I won't be allowed to jump back to the N7 ever.
As far as I have read the JoD program is no longer available for sign up and only those already on it can keep it. If they would ever do what you stated I would jump to the cheapest phone just to jump away without owing a large sum. I did that with another line that I had with JoD and got my mom a basic Samsung smartphone that was like 150 bucks.

oldskoolstyle70

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I'm getting a little worried regarding JOD, because according to T-Mobile's help site, they no longer offer JOD for the Note 7 as of Aug 6th. Which makes no sense, because I jumped from a N5 to a N7 on August 19th. Here is a link the page I'm talking about https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-22281

According to the JOD fine print, they can cancel the JOD program at any time with 30 days notice and allowing you one last jump. Today, I switched out my potentially explosive N7 for an S7edge, and now I'm worried that I won't be allowed to jump back to the N7 ever.
I used JOD as well to get my N7 around the same time. Was never told that JOD was going away.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site

I'm sure the N7 will be added back to the list once they are available for sale again.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
As far as I have read the JoD program is no longer available for sign up and only those already on it can keep it. If they would ever do what you stated I would jump to the cheapest phone just to jump away without owing a large sum. I did that with another line that I had with JoD and got my mom a basic Samsung smartphone that was like 150 bucks.

My understanding concerning JOD is that T-Mo only allows you to join from your mytmobile account or over the phone. I'm a new T-Mo customer that switched when I preordered my Note 7 on August 11. The rep allowed me to sign up for JOD when I called and did the preorder. In fact, he suggested JOD over the regular Jump program.

I'm unsure how they're handling current JOD with the Note 7 recall, but according to mytmobile I'm still currently on JOD so they haven't cancelled mine.

rhsortho

Aug 14, 2016
Visit site
I'm wondering about returning an online/telesales-purchased device. Has anyone had luck returning it to a local store? I'm getting mixed info. anyway, I exchanged my first defective one (shipped back and tmo shipped me another-this was just before the recall announcement). Now I'm thinking about returning this one as well and going back to my note5. I'm just curious if it can be dropped off at a store this time instead of having to ship it back?

theshaz

Nov 27, 2009
Visit site
I received the email from T-Mobile. I am opting to keep my Note 7 until they have the replacements ready, I signed up for that. Already got email confirmation.

No worries. I exclusively use wireless charging at home, car & work. I will keep Ann eye on the battery temp. But to be honest I love this phone.

michellebjohn

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
I returned my note 7 Friday with JOD and my jump is back on my account already. If the customer service rep does it correctly their shouldn't be an issue.

acentralist

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I returned my note 7 Friday with JOD and my jump is back on my account already. If the customer service rep does it correctly their shouldn't be an issue.

So if later this month I decide to swap my Note 7 with some other phone that is not Note 7 but is in stock at the time, since I used JOD also, do I have to first return Note 7, wait a couple of days for JOD to reset, and then purchase another phone using my JOD?!!

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure yet. I'm holding on to it until I see what's up with the V20. If I like it then I'm returning it and waiting to preorder that one. If I don't like it, I'll use the back up phone I have and just keep the Note 7 on stand by until the replacements come in.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I'm not sure yet. I'm holding on to it until I see what's up with the V20. If I like it then I'm returning it and waiting to preorder that one. If I don't like it, I'll use the back up phone I have and just keep the Note 7 on stand by until the replacements come in.

I'm hoping the V20 does indeed hit the stores on the 18th like is being speculated. I don't want to pre order again. I assume the stores will have enough in stock since it is not as hot as Note 7 was? Then I can just swap it out instead of waiting for it to go back on my card.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm hoping the V20 does indeed hit the stores on the 18th like is being speculated. I don't want to pre order again. I assume the stores will have enough in stock since it is not as hot as Note 7 was? Then I can just swap it out instead of waiting for it to go back on my card.
True. If it does hit stores on the 18th then I would go to the store and swap it.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
True. If it does hit stores on the 18th then I would go to the store and swap it.

Only concern I have with LG is quality control issues and such as well. The G5 had issues with the modules coming loose over time and other things. I would hate to go to LG and the phone ends up being a flop like the G5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX