T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Only concern I have with LG is quality control issues and such as well. The G5 had issues with the modules coming loose over time and other things. I would hate to go to LG and the phone ends up being a flop like the G5.
That concerns me too. I hope it's not a flop. Hopefully these Note 7 replacements come in soon. Mine isn't having issues though but I'm not turning down a new replacement. I just wish Samsung had made these phones with a removable battery.

llfloyd79

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone think T-Mobile will make you swap to the same original color Note 7 you currently have or will they let you exchange to a different color once new stock becomes available???

hasasimo

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Yea some of the stores suck. The one near me doesn't like doing exchanges in store and the wait time always long there and staff is hurried and rude. It would be easier to simply have them ship me a new one to my home and set it up myself or drive 30 miles to a different store. The way Tmobile help on twitter told me if I want to swap it out for a new Note 7 it could be shipped to the store and they can swap it out there. Might as well just have them ship it to my house and I ship the old one back. Much better than having to argue and deal with the store and sit there an hour. When I called Tmobile the rep told me I could get a new note 7 shipped to me THEN I can ship the old one back. At least that is the plan.

Pretty sure I'll go that route as well. For whatever it's worth, I have an S7 Edge that's due back within a week (Jump on Demand), and the T-Mobile rep said I can hang onto that for a bit longer as I wait for the Note 7 replacement. Of course, reps can tell you just about anything, true or not. I've had a couple of bad experiences, though not necessarily with T-Mobile.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
That concerns me too. I hope it's not a flop. Hopefully these Note 7 replacements come in soon. Mine isn't having issues though but I'm not turning down a new replacement. I just wish Samsung had made these phones with a removable battery.

Same here, but for trade in a resale in the future I have no choice. I want black or blue. My s7 I got is silver color but I don't want that. If the store closest to me doesn't have black or blue I'll either do it via mail or I guess drive 30-40 miles to go to another store then.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Pretty sure I'll go that route as well. For whatever it's worth, I have an S7 Edge that's due back within a week (Jump on Demand), and the T-Mobile rep said I can hang onto that for a bit longer as I wait for the Note 7 replacement. Of course, reps can tell you just about anything, true or not. I've had a couple of bad experiences, though not necessarily with T-Mobile.
Exactly what they told me as well. I posted a bit back... Basically don't have to do anything (hold on to both Note 7 and old phone) until the replacements are ready

Byron-Black

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I'm getting a little worried regarding JOD, because according to T-Mobile's help site, they no longer offer JOD for the Note 7 as of Aug 6th. Which makes no sense, because I jumped from a N5 to a N7 on August 19th. Here is a link the page I'm talking about https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-22281

According to the JOD fine print, they can cancel the JOD program at any time with 30 days notice and allowing you one last jump. Today, I switched out my potentially explosive N7 for an S7edge, and now I'm worried that I won't be allowed to jump back to the N7 ever.

They never listed the Note 7 on that page. I checked it before the phone launched. They just didn't update the JOD list for whatever reason. Since the page was last updated a month ago, it has nothing to do with the recall. As you note, they do have to let us know 30 days in advance if JOD is going away. For whatever it's worth, Care is telling people that there won't be a problem jumping back to the N7, which I think is the best reassurance we are going to get right now.

crystinonfire

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
My understanding concerning JOD is that T-Mo only allows you to join from your mytmobile account or over the phone. I'm a new T-Mo customer that switched when I preordered my Note 7 on August 11. The rep allowed me to sign up for JOD when I called and did the preorder. In fact, he suggested JOD over the regular Jump program.

I'm unsure how they're handling current JOD with the Note 7 recall, but according to mytmobile I'm still currently on JOD so they haven't cancelled mine.

They haven't cancelled it yet. They even put me back on JOD after I returned my Note 7 for a S7E (since returning the Note 7 had, for some reason, taken me off of JOD.

But according to some alleged t-mobile employees on reddit, they might be ending it sometime soon. They're also saying exactly what you just said, i.e. it's possible to get JOD over the phone but difficult if not impossible to get it in-store.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
So who here is holding onto their Note 7 to wait for an exchange?
Yep, I'm riding out this excellent phone until they have a new one ready for me. I've stopped charging at night, not doing any fast charging, making sure I'm in the room where the phone is charging, etc just to be safe. But using the phone as normal.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Yep, I'm riding out this excellent phone until they have a new one ready for me. I've stopped charging at night, not doing any fast charging, making sure I'm in the room where the phone is charging, etc just to be safe. But using the phone as normal.
I'm still fast charging and even using it while doing so but when I can't keep an eye on it I charge it on my countertop which isn't really flammable or in my room I have some anti explosion fire proof bags for my Drone batteries that come in handy lol

chrgnthru

May 15, 2010
Visit site
So, let's say I go and return my Note 7. I did a JUMP upgrade and traded in my S7e to do so. Would I get my money back and be phone less or would they give me a used S7e in order to complete the "return"?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
And I hope T-Mo stores will not sell these replacement phones to potential customers until after Sep 30 when the exchange program for current Note 7 owners is over.

Same here. I'm pretty sure they won't be selling well for awhile now. I'd hate the store close to me not having them and I have to drive almost 40 miles north to hit more stores.

IMO tmobile will extend the sept 30th deadline if the phones take awhile to get in. That's why I'm hoping the V20 is quickly released after Tue so I can make a decision. IF they don't have the new ones in by last week of Sept I will go ahead return it and go back to my tiny screen S7 which I hate.

irock1985

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
So, let's say I go and return my Note 7. I did a JUMP upgrade and traded in my S7e to do so. Would I get my money back and be phone less or would they give me a used S7e in order to complete the "return"?
If you want to eventually get a replacement just hold on to your current Note 7... If you'd like something else then yes you'd be phone-less but you'd also be almost like a new customer as in if you want a new phone just go get it

Status
Not open for further replies.