T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I have continued to use mine as I have since I bought mine last month. I use my Samsung wireless charger overnight. Samsung fast charger when needed. Zero heat issues regarding the battery. I'll continue to use mine and take my chances.

Same here. Zero issues at all for me. This is actually the first Android phone I have ever had that HASNT ever gotten overly hot. Ironic.

badMojo69

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site
This is why I'd personally never even consider an LG or HTC for that matter device. It's Samsung or Apple for me. Also I just can't accept not having a physical home button...at least until Sammy and/or Apple force me to accept it by taking it away.

Guess you wont be buying iPhones starting with the i7 since Apple is ditching the physical home button.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Guess you wont be buying iPhones starting with the i7 since Apple is ditching the physical home button.

I'm actually okay with the haptic feedback style button, that's fine with me, as long as it simulates and feels like a press. I just don't like the style like on the LG phones where its literally a digital button. I don't have any interest in the iPhone 7 currently, but its not because of the home button.

nuangel2

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
I love my blue note7.but I am careful.no charge overnoc .only will charge with samsung charger.will only exchange for another note7

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Hopefully with the holiday, everyone will be on the same page and we can get a firmer date for exchanges. 2 to 4 weeks is a painful waiting period.

Some reports are by the end of the week replacements will start to roll in. Someone posted this in another thread. It's a link to Samsung HK, but there is an english translation page of it and you can type in your IMEI to see if it's one of the phones with the certain battery. Again not sure how accurate it is for US models.
It tells me mine is not one of the affected phones.

Galaxy Note7 Checking | SAMSUNG 香港

Kyd justus

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
Also when they get the new ones in, do you think it will be faster to have them send us one and we send ours back after we get it? I mean will the stores get a bunch of new Note 7s to swap in a hurry, or would it be faster getting it directly from the warehouse like we did with pre order?
Also, what about S switch from our old Note to new Note and wiping our old Note 7? That could easily take an hour. They expect us to do that in the store?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Also, what about S switch from our old Note to new Note and wiping our old Note 7? That could easily take an hour. They expect us to do that in the store?

When I bought my S7 I did it in store and I was there total about 1.5 hours from looking, buying the phone to waiting forever for everything to transfer. Much easier to do all that at home like I did for the Note 7.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kyd justus

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
When I bought my S7 I did it in store and I was there total about 1.5 hours from looking, buying the phone to waiting forever for everything to transfer. Much easier to do all that at home like I did for the Note 7.
Absolutely, much easier to do it all at home. Will the new Note 7 even have the battery charged enough to do the S switch? I want to make sure my old Note 7 is wiped properly without having to rush it at the store. I wish they would send them to us in the mail again and then give us a few days to send them the old Note back

Last edited by a moderator:

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Absolutely, much easier to do it all at home. Will the new Note 7 even have the battery charged enough to do the S switch? I want to make sure my old Note 7 is wiped properly without having to rush it at the store. I wish they would send them to us in the mail again and then give us a few days to send them the old Note back

I really can not imagine them NOT letting us swap through the mail.

What about the people who live far away from a store or just dont have the time to go to the store.

acentralist

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
Some reports are by the end of the week replacements will start to roll in. Someone posted this in another thread. It's a link to Samsung HK, but there is an english translation page of it and you can type in your IMEI to see if it's one of the phones with the certain battery. Again not sure how accurate it is for US models.
It tells me mine is not one of the affected phones.

Galaxy Note7 Checking | SAMSUNG 香港

The English version clearly indicates, "....for customers who purchased Galaxy Note7 between Aug 26 and Sep 1, 2016 at authorized re-sellers or authorized distributors in <<<Hong Kong and Macau>>>, please check whether the IMEI number of your device is in the affected IMEI number range. If it is, Samsung HK will voluntarily replace your current Galaxy Note7 with a new one."

So COULD this mean that the affected units were only sold in those regions?

Kyd justus

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site
I really can not imagine them NOT letting us swap through the mail.

What about the people who live far away from a store or just dont have the time to go to the store.
07a0c370617ca79b225a72f6c0d685dc.jpg

With option 1. It seems that they are going to let us know when the Note 7's are at the stores in our locality, so we can go pick them up. Thoughts?

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160905/07a0c370617ca79b225a72f6c0d685dc.jpg
With option 1. It seems that they are going to let us know when the Note 7's are at the stores in our locality, so we can go pick them up. Thoughts?

Tmobile on twitter and on the phone said I could mail it in after I get the device. That was 3 days ago though. I only got one Tmobile store that is about 10 miles from me. Only one in my county and I'm not big on the staff and it is always super busy. Next closest store is about 30 miles to my south in lee County or up in Sarasota county almost 40 miles from me. I might call a bunch of those stores when it's announced they have replacements because the one closest to me will probably run out faster. I don't know what to believe. That one blogger said that Tmobile Notes were built in China and have the safe battery. I have my Note 7 in the box right now. I did not do a factory reset just in case news comes out ours are safe. If I like what the V20 offers I might swap it out and take the refunded difference, but I'd much rather have a Note 7. Too risky that the V20 is a flop and rumor has it it will be modular too which is a no go for me because of the issues with it on the G5.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
The English version clearly indicates, "....for customers who purchased Galaxy Note7 between Aug 26 and Sep 1, 2016 at authorized re-sellers or authorized distributors in , please check whether the IMEI number of your device is in the affected IMEI number range. If it is, Samsung HK will voluntarily replace your current Galaxy Note7 with a new one."

So COULD this mean that the affected units were only sold in those regions?
Or it could mean that is the only region that they can actually track the affected
phones....

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I have continued to use mine as I have since I bought mine last month. I use my Samsung wireless charger overnight. Samsung fast charger when needed. Zero heat issues regarding the battery. I'll continue to use mine and take my chances.
I understand that at the end of the day you will do what you want but, this is really not recommended.

Cell shorts don't have any warning signs. By the time a short occurs, a fire is imminent, warning or not.

Just because you haven't had one isn't any indication of future performance. If Samsung says there's reason to be worried, I'd just exchange the phone.

Even if you have the technical know how (I'm an electrical engineer myself), unless you're privy to the root cause of the issue (none of us are) you're really just rolling the dice by carrying a fire hazard on your person.

It's not wise at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.