T-Mobile Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Some reports are by the end of the week replacements will start to roll in. Someone posted this in another thread. It's a link to Samsung HK, but there is an english translation page of it and you can type in your IMEI to see if it's one of the phones with the certain battery. Again not sure how accurate it is for US models.
It tells me mine is not one of the affected phones.

Galaxy Note7 Checking | SAMSUNG 香港
It is completely inaccurate.

steelernole

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
Blues Fan I understand your situation. I have 3 stores within 10 miles of me here in Collier County, but the service is suspect at all three. I go to the T-Mobile in the mall in Fort Myers or the one near Miromar Outlets in Estero.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
It is completely inaccurate.

That's what I figured too. I'm playing it safe and switched back to my S7. I didn't factory wipe my Note 7 yet just incase there is a way they figure out to check which units are bad or not. When I go to swap it out I'll wipe it. Depends on what LG brings tomorrow. I still want to stick with a Note and if they have them in stock before the release then I'll wait.

Does LG ship early? Or will there be a big thread on it regarding watching for shipping labels and flight tracking lol.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I understand your situation. I have 3 stores within 10 miles of me here in Collier County, but the service is suspect at all three. I go to the T-Mobile in the mall in Fort Myers or the one near Miromar Outlets in Estero.

Yea that's sad. When I lived in St. Louis I had THREE stores within 3 miles of me including one in the mall and one right across the street of the mall lol and then another one a couple miles away. You never hardly had to wait in the stores because they have so many stores in St. Louis and the employees were a lot more helpful too.

I'll probably go to the one near Miromar, or the one in South Sarasota. I don't know since I'm swapping it might not be as hard since I'm not buying or anything. I wonder since I have my S7 to use if I just bring my Note all boxed up and they let me leave the store with the New Note 7 all sealed up so I can pop its cherry at home. I don't like going to Edison mall. Seems to be more seedy around Ft. Myers lately.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Any new news if it is possible new Note 7s in late this week like Samsung hinting?

I'm on my S7 right now because I made the decision to no longer use my current Note. The tiny screen is driving me crazy! When they announce the V20 could it be in stores by the end of the week?

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Any new news if it is possible new Note 7s in late this week like Samsung hinting?

I'm on my S7 right now because I made the decision to no longer use my current Note. The tiny screen is driving me crazy! When they announce the V20 could it be in stores by the end of the week?
I seriously doubt the V20 is in stores this week but you never know I guess. If they did launch this week, there would essentially be no preorder period and I'm not sure why they would want to do that.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
I seriously doubt the V20 is in stores this week but you never know I guess. If they did launch this week, there would essentially be no preorder period and I'm not sure why they would want to do that.

Does tmobile ship LG phones early during pre orders? I mean so we don't go through the Note 7 fiasco for pre order again.

Actually would be a smart move if LG releases it soon in order to capitalize on the whole Note 7 ordeal before Samsung gets new units for sale.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Does tmobile ship LG phones early during pre orders? I mean so we don't go through the Note 7 fiasco for pre order again.

Actually would be a smart move if LG releases it soon in order to capitalize on the whole Note 7 ordeal before Samsung gets new units for sale.
I haven't been with T-Mobile during a LG launch so I don't know on that.

I'm not sure LG could do to much to push up the time frame at this point but I guess they could try if they wanted.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Blues, you seriously think you want to switch phones instead of waiting maybe a day or two longer after all you went through with the Note 7 release?

😩

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I haven't been with T-Mobile during a LG launch so I don't know on that.

I'm not sure LG could do to much to push up the time frame at this point but I guess they could try if they wanted.
The rumor is they should be in stores by the 18 or 23rd. So if that's true you would still have time to exchange before the 30th. Tomorrow is the launch date. I would suggest anyone interested in it checking that out tomorrow to see if the phone is worth it.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
The rumor is they should be in stores by the 18 or 23rd. So if that's true you would still have time to exchange before the 30th. Tomorrow is the launch date. I would suggest anyone interested in it checking that out tomorrow to see if the phone is worth it.

When I get home from work tomorrow night I will. We got an idea what the features will be like removable battery, dual camera, possible 6gb or ram, IR blaster while on paper it sounds more impressive than the Note 7 we know how LG tends to be a flop after a few months. Even the V10 didn't catch on like fire. I'm open to the idea, but will likely stick with the Note 7.

What would really sting is we swap ours out for a new one and then 3 weeks later it goes back on sale with a $100 price reduction or something.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
When I get home from work tomorrow night I will. We got an idea what the features will be like removable battery, dual camera, possible 6gb or ram, IR blaster while on paper it sounds more impressive than the Note 7 we know how LG tends to be a flop after a few months. Even the V10 didn't catch on like fire. I'm open to the idea, but will likely stick with the Note 7.

What would really sting is we swap ours out for a new one and then 3 weeks later it goes back on sale with a $100 price reduction or something.
Yeah that last part would really **** me off. I would probably complain to whoever I have to and get that 100 dollars off. Especially with all we've been through with the recall.

anon(782252)

May 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm guessing you meant to quote Blues because after being LG only since the G2, I have no interest in switching to the V20. I'm finding the S pen more and more useful everyday and at this point there's no way I'm getting anything else but a replacement note 7.

The latest Reddit leak, posted in the V20 forum, points to 23rd launch on T-Mobile.

hailsusy90

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing you meant to quote Blues because after being LG only since the G2, I have no interest in switching to the V20. I'm finding the S pen more and more useful everyday and at this point there's no way I'm getting anything else but a replacement note 7.

The latest Reddit leak, posted in the V20 forum, points to 23rd launch on T-Mobile.
Yes I'm sorry. I just quoted your quote of his quote lol.

Blues Fan

Jun 21, 2015
Visit site
Yeah that last part would really **** me off. I would probably complain to whoever I have to and get that 100 dollars off. Especially with all we've been through with the recall.

I agree. Hence carriers are setting deadlines to return yours. So if the deadline is sept 30th for example they will probably put the new Note on sale Oct10th for example. That way with the deadline we have no choice but to return it or get nothing for it. Unless you return it and go phoneless possibly until it goes on sale again.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I plan on returning my note 7 tomorrow but I lost the headphones that came with it. Will they charge me for it?
No, they don't care about that stuff and probably don't care about the charger. It isn't like they reuse headsets nor do they even repair bad chargers that are returned to Samsung.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge